Litchi Curved or Straight path with Vertical Rise

Reaction score
If I have two waypoints 400 ft apart one at altitude 10ft and the second at altitude 400 ft. I would like the flight path to be a vertical rise on a 45 degree upward from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2 i.e. I straight line rise. Not a horizontal move from Waypoint 1 to Waypoint 2 followed by a vertical rise to 400 ft. How do I achieve this with Litchi ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yesterday I did a Litchi waypoint flight of 8 points, largest was #1 to #2- just over 200 odd ft. My bird did a long gradual rise from waypoint #1 at 60ft to waypoint #2 at 290'.
From #6 to #7 was a drop from 200' to 30', down into a huge excavation, one side cut, a long ramp for bulldozers. bird went down the bulldozer ramp to bottom of excavation.
Quite exciting & was looking forward to an interesting video.
note to self- Add check SD card to pre-flight inspection , duh!
Trying again today

I think Litchi does the angled rise by default, always does for me.
If I wanted a horizontal move,then vertical rise I put in 2 waypoints almost on top of each other to get the vertical rise.

Reactions: Pharm
I think Litchi does the angled rise by default, always does for me.
If I wanted a horizontal move,then vertical rise I put in 2 waypoints almost on top of each other to get the vertical rise.
Jayfdee - You just solved my problem I have been sweating over flying down thru a hole in the tree canopy and trying to figure the flight angle etc. to hit the hole. All I need do is fly to the point above the hole , drop thru and continue on.

Thanks

Jayfdee - You just solved my problem I have been sweating over flying down thru a hole in the tree canopy and trying to figure the flight angle etc. to hit the hole. All I need do is fly to the point above the hole , drop thru and continue on.

Thanks
I would test it first. I plan my missions in the hub, for waypoints very close I tap the screen as close as it will allow, and then slide one over the other, you can then only see one, but both show when you advance through the waypoint settings. Please test first if you are on a difficult confined space.

I also plan my missions in the hub but on a PC so I can input more exact data. I have Physically gathered the LONG/LAT of these points and input them into the waypoints to get them as exact as possible. I know they can change relative to the number of Sats it picks up at the time but it gives me the most accurate setting I can get.

If I have two waypoints 400 ft apart one at altitude 10ft and the second at altitude 400 ft. I would like the flight path to be a vertical rise on a 45 degree upward from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2 i.e. I straight line rise. Not a horizontal move from Waypoint 1 to Waypoint 2 followed by a vertical rise to 400 ft. How do I achieve this with Litchi ?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Simply program the desired altitude at each waypoint. It never moves to the waypoint before climbing. I’m not sure how that rumor ever got started.

In addition, in your scenario, if you want a 45° climb, the distance between your two waypoints should be 390 ft instead of 400 ft. The opposite side of your triangle would be a length of 390 ft (400-10), therefore to maintain 45°, the adjacent leg (distance between waypoints) would also need to be 390 ft. Yes, we’re splitting hairs. I’m just a little bored this afternoon.

Pharm, Is that true for path = Straight lines ? I always assumed it was a requirement to hit the waypoints for those. It was just meant as a simple example. 44.2747757009407479 degrees will do. :) But I appreciate your eye detail . When you don't you wind up embedded in a tree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20