LITCHI crashed my drone!!!!

@solentlife I think I just determined what our RTH discrepancy is: If you manually switch to ATTI and RTH is required it will do so. Alternatively, if the aircraft auto-switches to ATTI, RTH will not work. That makes more sense.

I must admit I have never liked the manuals statement as it does not make clear about which ATTI it is ... so quite possible.

Nigel

I must admit I have never liked the manuals statement as it does not make clear about which ATTI it is ... so quite possible.

Nigel

The manual refers exclusively to user-selected ATTI. RTH and failsafe RTH work just fine in that mode provided the aircraft has a GPS position lock and is not suffering from yaw errors.

I’m out of that law as 99.99% pilot in Italy because it’s just too strict, but the point is why a brand new drone designed to bear more than 300mt altidute in an anticyclone zone (zero winds) fails like that!
You may feel that the rules are too strict. But had you been flying within 500 meters distance . Under 499 ft in height, within VLOS, if something went wrong , you would have been able to do something about it.
If you crash you could crash on someone. Or something that will cause damage or injury. So you fly over clear spaces. Wishing the laid down perimeters . And everyone is safe

I’m out of that law as 99.99% pilot in Italy because it’s just too strict, but the point is why a brand new drone designed to bear more than 300mt altidute in an anticyclone zone (zero winds) fails like that!

You’re one of those little entitled men who thinks the law doesn’t apply to them, aren’t you?

Exactly those are the people who make sure that the gestures are even harder. As far as I know, you can only 100 throughout Europe - max. 120 meters high and fly only on sight without any aids. And further only in CE mode.
Translated from German in English with Google translator
Peter

The flight log showed it went from 950 ft to 0 in 15 seconds. Remove the 3 seconds to determine loss of signal, that leaves 12 seconds. Is that even enough time to auto land from that height if the setting was to auto land and not RTH or hover?

The flight log showed it went from 950 ft to 0 in 15 seconds. Remove the 3 seconds to determine loss of signal, that leaves 12 seconds. Is that even enough time to auto land from that height if the setting was to auto land and not RTH or hover?

It would not have autolanded even if it lost uplink - it would have gone to RTH. The data after the 15 second gap are interesting. Most of the telemetry is just zeros, so you can disregard the altitude reading. It is reporting voltages, signal quality, status flags and gimbal pitch. It's not flying and the motors are off, it has 12 satellites but no position lock, much reduced signal strength and the gimbal is moving. My guess is that the FC rebooted in mid-flight, killing the motors and bringing it down (it required around 20 m/s to get down in 15 s, which is about right for a Phantom with motors off), but that it crashed somewhere that did not destroy it, and then the FC shut down again.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
You may feel that the rules are too strict. But had you been flying within 500 meters distance . Under 499 ft in height, within VLOS, if something went wrong , you would have been able to do something about it.
If you crash you could crash on someone. Or something that will cause damage or injury. So you fly over clear spaces. Wishing the laid down perimeters . And everyone is safe
Seriously - y'all need to curb your inner drone cop.
How he was flying has absolutely no bearing on what happened.
Where, how high and how far are arbitrary limits established by the local legal authorities and any of those details are between the OP and those authorities.
Note this doesn't mean making excuses - it means sticking to the topic whereby he's trying to find out what happened.
To the OP - Litchi uses the DJI software SDK so it's not like it's some random app. It has been flight tested for likely hundreds of thousands of flying hours worldwide. I think it's very unlikely it just decided to misbehave.
Sunlight in the front sensors can look like an obstacle but the log shows this was at 2:34 pm UTC so you would have been facing away from the sun.
Strange - if you saw some message referring to hardware the only logical assumption is something in your bird went whacky.

View attachment 107294

Reactions: cneedelman
I use the Litchi app frequently for both my Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. IMO, it is an excellent app and it bothers me for people to use headlines "LITCHI Crashed my Drone." Accept responsibility--your drone may have crashed while using Litchi, but from all indications, you crashed your drone, not Litchi.

I use the Litchi app frequently for both my Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. IMO, it is an excellent app and it bothers me for people to use headlines "LITCHI Crashed my Drone." Accept responsibility--your drone may have crashed while using Litchi, but from all indications, you crashed your drone, not Litchi.

I don't think I've ever seen a flight log from an event where either the DJI GO app or Litchi caused a drone to crash, except when instructed to do so by the pilot.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl