Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

I don't know why everyone is jumping through hoops trying to root the controller software to install Google services/Play. Install the Amazon Appstore, buy the full Litchi app and you're done. For those have done the rooting, is the Litchi app through Google Play laggy? Seems like it should as the app is the same through Google and Amazon?

It's a little more complicated than just getting Litchi from the Amazon App store.

I must 2nd AvatarAir's thank you. There will be a lot of folks who would love to be able to get this working!

Man what people go thru to make a bright 3rd rate tablet work. [emoji849][emoji8]

I dont see anything 3rd rate about it! Works just like it is supposed to. Sorta like all those people wanting to extend the aircrafts range. It is in some of us to tinker and try to improve the things we like.

working on it lads. In the meantime ive been doing some more tweaking :)

20180424_135730283_iOS.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
FWIW, Litchi came out with an update today. I updated the Litchi app on my P4P+ without a hitch, turned on the aircraft, and although not a scientific result, held the a/c and rotated the a/c in a 360 turn and did not notice any, repeat, any lag on the screen. I had done this previously right after installing Litchi and had moderate lag on the screen. I'll have time tomorrow to do some test flights and will know more

Reactions: Firebird
Man what people go thru to make a bright 3rd rate tablet work. [emoji849][emoji8]

Right?

I'd much rather get out my controller, plug in a USB cable, open the app on my phone, plug in the phone/tablet just to not be able to see the screen unless inside a building.

FWIW, Litchi came out with an update today. I updated the Litchi app on my P4P+ without a hitch, turned on the aircraft, and although not a scientific result, held the a/c and rotated the a/c in a 360 turn and did not notice any, repeat, any lag on the screen. I had done this previously right after installing Litchi and had moderate lag on the screen. I'll have time tomorrow to do some test flights and will know more

Thats really encouraging to know. The email I got in response to asking Litchi support about the differences in the android app version between the google play store version and the one in the amazon app store was sufficiently generic, uninformative and unhelpful. It would be nice for an app update to make the app version from the amazon store more functional READ: like the iOS verson

How's that video coming?
i found out its harder to make the video than it is to crack the controller :) Installing playstore and opening up the controller is a very detailed process however if you follow my previous links, that is how i did it. If those instructions are beyond you i can assist with any roadblocks you may encounter. I will even install it for you, via teamviewer, if you wish.

Remember, there is no support for this procedure and a basic understanding of the process is required otherwise your gonna run into trouble.

Having said that, if you do it right, it works well. The P4P+(GL300E), can do a lot more than dji will admit.
Litchi, drone deploy and others all running silky smooth once you set it up right. You can even run another front end and delete dji go 4 altogether. Yep, it can be done.

The latest fw update for the RC (1410), defeats the whole thing as even after downloading from playstore the apps will not install. ( well dji did say their tech's were working on it, just not in our favour :))

Interestingly, and most likely not limited to the p4p+, the thing does send data back to china and many government departments. Of course this can be disabled whilst still retaining all required functions.

cheers

On what do you base your claim about info being sent back to Chinese departments?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues