Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

Install Amazon Appstore using your internet browser on the controller. Then open Appstore (you need an Amazon account) Install Litchi from the store. Shut down the controller. Use a regular USB micro cord. It's used as a jumper from one usb port to the other on the controller. Power up the controller. Don't choose ANY DJI appware. You should get a popup asking which app to use, DJI or Litchi. Tap on Litchi. Of course, make sure your drone is powered up. Litchi should open up. You may or may not get another popup asking you if you want DJI app. Choose no. You have to log into your Litchi account first thing. Then you should be good to go
Thanks for the tips. Should help others in the same boat!

Hi

I am getting quite random litchi app crashes in the phantom 4 adv + screen controller,
These crashes happen regardless of whether dji apps are running or stopped in the background, in fact when DJI GO is stopped the crashes seem more recurrent
has anybody got these crashes & is able to source the origin of them?
Also should I grant DJI GO access to USB as it requests it every time I plug USB cable & choose Litchi app?

Litchi is up to my needs since I combine it with the power of CAD & GIS app, but I would accept other recommendations. I fly fairly complex missions with it, up to 80 waypoints, several actions x waypoints and interpolated varied gimball pitches.

Last edited:
Hi

I am getting quite random litchi app crashes in the phantom 4 adv + screen controller,
These crashes happen regardless of whether dji apps are running or stopped in the background, in fact when DJI GO is stopped the crashes seem more recurrent
Also should I grant DJI GO access to USB as it requests it every time I plug USB cable & choose Litchi app?

Litchi is up to my needs since I combine it with the power of CAD & GIS app, but I would accept other recommendations. I fly fairly complex missions with it, up to 80 waypoints, several actions x waypoints and interpolated varied gimball pitches.
A standard P4A RC ($319) with an iPad will permanently solve your problem. Were I you, that's the route I would go. Hacking the P4A + RC to install Litchi is sketchy at best, and has never been a supported capability, and will always have an element of unreliability. Your complex missions deserve supported hardware. Get a proper RC. :cool:

Hi

1. Did you hack Litchi into the controller, or do the approved way, using Amazon Appstore and then installing Litchi? I never got the hack accomplished, but the Amazon version works as advertised. If you haven't updated firmware from at least this past spring, Amazon Litchi won't work.
2. Read the steps I posted several posts above. Don't choose anything DJI when trying to use Litchi.
3. If you don't bother to read the previous post, have the USB cord patched between the USB ports on the controller before booting the controller up. Then DON'T tap on DJI anywhere during the bootup process, always choosing Litchi when it pops up.

I'll video the start up if that helps, but Amazon Litchi can and will work on a properly updated controller and work very well

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi

Thanks for your answers, I am using the Amazon appstore method and I plug the USB cable once the remote is already started instead of doing it before booting up, I am not sure whether it makes any difference.
As I have said, I choose Litchi app when the dialog pops up, but sometimes litchi crashes on me.

Hi

Thanks for your answers, I am using the Amazon appstore method and I plug the USB cable once the remote is already started instead of doing it before booting up, I am not sure whether it makes any difference.
As I have said, I choose Litchi app when the dialog pops up, but sometimes litchi crashes on me.

Easiest to keep the USB cable plugged in. It does make a difference as I believe DJI is partially loaded on startup which might explain some of your Litchi crashes.

I have the P4P pro plus (the built in crystal sky), this let me install litchi but it doesn't connect to aircraft? any ideas? thanks.

There is one specific additional instruction (plus helpful picture!) in Step 5 of what additionally needs to be done to get Litchi to work with a Phantom 4 Pro PLUS.

"For the Phantom 4 Adv/Pro RC with Screen, you will need to plug a cable into both USB ports at the back of the remote controller in order to connect your drone to Litchi."

Found here
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

There is one specific additional instruction (plus helpful picture!) in Step 5 of what additionally needs to be done to get Litchi to work with a Phantom 4 Pro PLUS.

"For the Phantom 4 Adv/Pro RC with Screen, you will need to plug a cable into both USB ports at the back of the remote controller in order to connect your drone to Litchi."

Found here
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Hmmm, I mentioned the cord in my previous posts

hello

i have the P4P+ with an older firmware on the AC (who the FCC+32ch works). i have install the amazon-store already and
i have bought the lichti app.

problem: i can´t install the app ! i get an error: " litchi not authorized from DJI"

what can i do ????

olli

hello

i have the P4P+ with an older firmware on the AC (who the FCC+32ch works). i have install the amazon-store already and

problem: i can´t install the app ! i get an error: " litchi not authorized from DJI"

what can i do ????

olli

There is menu, where you have to accept third party apps on your plus controller, Check that off and see it that works.

Dont confuse stand alone (crystalsky) monitors with the phantom 4 pro plus controller, the software is different, the hardware is different, members that do, know nothing about it
I feel sorry for members calling the pro plus controller a crystalsky just because the screen is bright

In the context of this discussion, about how to install Litchi, have you Sir SuperSmarterThanAllTheRest, actually read the Litchi page which very specifically DOES conflate the two? I quote, "How to install Litchi on DJI monitors (CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Adv/Pro RC with Screen)"

https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky

hello

what can i do ????

olli

The Amazon thing requires a firmware update that allows third party installations. It came out last year. When installing third party stuff, remember the controller screen is Android based, and you have to go into the Android settings to allow that to happen.

Ah ok. thanks for information.

that is bad ... i think that then no fcc and no 32 channel works anymore?

then it is probably better to use another remote control (from the p4p)

Ah ok. thanks for information.

that is bad ... i think that then no fcc and no 32 channel works anymore?

then it is probably better to use another remote control (from the p4p)
Always better to use the standard P4P RC for both iOS GO 4 and Litchi, as you get the more stable version of both apps, and a much larger screen with a 9.7" iPad. Android GO 4 on the P4P+ and CrystalSky has always been sketchy, and DJI never intended 3rd party apps to run on either.

Hi

does anybody know how the litchi application is updated in the P4P+ controller? thanks in advance for your answer

Always better to use the standard P4P RC for both iOS GO 4 and Litchi, as you get the more stable version of both apps, and a much larger screen with a 9.7" iPad. Android GO 4 on the P4P+ and CrystalSky has always been sketchy, and DJI never intended 3rd party apps to run on either.

I can't figure out why you keep insisting on DJI "never intended 3rd party apps to run on either". Apparently DJI did and does intend on that very thing when they released an update last spring that allows SOME 3rd party apps to be installed from the Amazon Appstore. Litchi. Both Google Playstore AND Amazon are showing the same version number, 4.9.0 as the latest versions.
Unless you have a Pro+ controller and have used LItchi on it, and have first hand experiences with it, you're in no position to keep on dogging it. On the other hand, if you have had first hand experiences with it, please enlighten

Hi folks,
I have a little problem and I hope that you, more experienced than me, can help me.
I have the latest firmware on a brand new GL300K and I can't figure out how to get Litchi "connected" to the P4Pv2+

I do this steps:
- I boot the controller, install from browser Amazon Store
- installed from the store Litchi
- Connected the USB Cable

... nothing happens, no window asking me which default app to use...
I reboot leaving the cable connected... the same... no windows asking me which default app to use.
I tried multiple usb cables and enabling and disabling USB Debugging... nothing...

Litchi starts but does not connect to the drone.
It looks like that recognizes the usb connection like a pen drive, the only thing I see it's the message "USB connected, tap to copy files from/to your computer"

Any help will be strongly appreciated...

Thank you in advance

Federico

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 308

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members