Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

I stated that it is not called crystal sky in the above post, i did misquote in original, but please tell me what the difference is? It appears the specs are pretty much the same at least from what I was able to research. You say tomato, I say tomatoe....lol..still waiting to be shown where I was wrong other than the name..
It is the 1000 nit CrystalSky screen with the connections on the RC instead of on the screen. It uses the internal battery of the RC for power. It also requires a unique, customized version of Android GO 4, which also contains the RC FW, which is why it is so buggy. It's a dedicated integrated CrystalSky screen and RC, unlike the new CrystalSky tablets, which are standalone devices, useable on any RC that supports them. The screen is the same, the hardware and software are different. Tomato, tomatoe. :cool:

It is the 1000 nit CrystalSky screen with the connections on the RC instead of on the screen. It uses the internal battery of the RC for power. It also requires a unique, customized version of Android GO 4, which also contains the RC FW, which is why it is so buggy. It's a dedicated integrated CrystalSky screen and RC, unlike the new CrystalSky tablets, which are standalone devices, useable on any RC that supports them. The screen is the same, the hardware and software are different. Tomato, tomatoe. :cool:
Thanks,that clears it up alot as to why it keeps getting referred to as Crystal SKY because of the screen brightness. I do love having litchi on it now. I have alot of saved missions from my phantom 3 that transfer over. I can see my cows in 4k now! They still look like cows....rofl

Thanks,that clears it up alot as to why it keeps getting referred to as Crystal SKY because of the screen brightness. I do love having litchi on it now. I have alot of saved missions from my phantom 3 that transfer over. I can see my cows in 4k now! They still look like cows....rofl
Happy to help. Being able to use Litchi on it only took 18 months! At least it is better than never! Personally, I couldn't wait that long, and the 5" size was just too small for me. The size of the 9.7" iPad Pro runs circles around it, and the larger sized overpriced 7.9" $800 CrystalSky tablet. :cool:

Happy to help. Being able to use Litchi on it only took 18 months! At least it is better than never! Personally, I couldn't wait that long, and the 5" size was just too small for me. The size of the 9.7" iPad Pro runs circles around it, and the larger sized overpriced 7.9" $800 CrystalSky tablet. :cool:
It is way over priced for imho for both sizes of the stand alone crystal sky monitors. Members in our drone group have both of these and all sorts of tablets. The one and only thing that really stands out is with no sunshade they are so much more visible in sunlight.with the ability to use amazon app store maybe they will get much better for 3rd part apps to become available.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I flew my p4p+ today with litchi 4.5.0-a from the amazon app store. The video feed was laggy and generally a trash experience overall. Took forever to save pictures even with the video auto record disabled. Hopefully a restart or two will cure this or it was just a one off thing. I force killed all dji processes and everything else that looked unnecessary in the background. Maybe I should try with that stuff still running.

Last edited:
I flew my p4p+ today with litchi 4.5.0-a from the amazon app store. The video feed was laggy and generally a trash experience overall. Took forever to save pictures even with the video auto record disabled. Hopefully a restart or two will cure this or it was just a one off thing. I force killed all dji processes and everything else that looked unnecessary in the background. Maybe I should try with that stuff still running.

I've tried it both ways. And they're both somewhat laggy. Something I never see using the DJI app

I've tried it both ways. And they're both somewhat laggy. Something I never see using the DJI app
Something you also won't ever see, using Litchi with the P4P, with any iOS or Android tablet on the regular P4P RC. Litchi was never intended to be used on the P4P+. Trying to make it work (even if it can be installed) is like putting a square peg into a round hole.

Reactions: ravedog
Something you also won't ever see, using Litchi with the P4P, with any iOS or Android tablet on the regular P4P RC. Litchi was never intended to be used on the P4P+. Trying to make it work (even if it can be installed) is like putting a square peg into a round hole.

Whatever you say. Litchi has features that DJI doesn't. I can put up with the laggy video preview. I'm sure Litchi people will address that soon. Right now I feel fine using it on my P4P+ the way it is. And if I need the DJI app, I'm just a reboot of the controller away from it

Whatever you say. Litchi has features that DJI doesn't. I can put up with the laggy video preview. I'm sure Litchi people will address that soon. Right now I feel fine using it on my P4P+ the way it is. And if I need the DJI app, I'm just a reboot of the controller away from it
My point was not a knock on Litchi in any way. It is the most popular 3rd party app, and fully supports Lost Signal Mission Continues. However, Litchi was never intended to be used on the P4P+, so Litchi is unlikely to address any issues with an unsupported use. If it works for you, great, but it is not a supported use. Litchi is designed for use with the P4P RC, which also works with your P4P+ aircraft, with no lag. :cool:

LItchi's website states it is available for Crystal Sky. Since it's been established the 5.5 P4P+ monitor is a Crystal Sky, that's what I'm going on

LItchi's website states it is available for Crystal Sky. Since it's been established the 5.5 P4P+ monitor is a Crystal Sky, that's what I'm going on
I have the p4p+, i have an email from DJI stating it is not a crystal sky. It is similar, but it is also very different in the hardware, software of the crystal sky. I requested this info as I also thought the built in monitor was a crystal sky.

CrystalSky is a standalone tablet, while the P4P+ monitor uses the same screen, it is still not a CrystalSky tablet. It is an odd duck that likely will never be officially supported by Litchi. However, they might surprise you. Just don't bet the farm on it! :cool:

I have the p4p+, i have an email from DJI stating it is not a crystal sky. It is similar, but it is also very different in the hardware, software of the crystal sky. I requested this info as I also thought the built in monitor was a crystal sky.
Correct. The screen uses the technology, but only the screen, and the integration with the RC FW of the GO 4 app makes it a very different animal! The distinction is important.

Reactions: Jeff
on the p4p+ (GL300E), there is a lot of residue left behind even after a firmware update or reset. I have found if you format the drive in windows, when you reboot it does a better reset. If you follow the guide to installing playstore, litchi (460 beta), runs super smooth, as does drone deploy beta & pix4d. You can even run the fake gps tool and fool it into thinking your in an FCC country if you want. This RC can do a lot more than dji say it can. I guess they could re-write the fw to support these features but i dont think they really GAF about any of this as their fw updates are all about restrictions, not additions. Oh yeh, officially, dji say their tech's are working on this. PMSL :)

How are you doing that? No one has been able to get Google Play services to work, and the only way to get Litchi to work is thru Amazon App store and a USB cable.

thats what i thought until i found out how to do it.

Opcodeffm/csroot ( download these files)

follow these steps and it works fine.

I use windows so i just copy paste the commands from the sh file.
Let me know if you need help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik