Litchi App

Litchi app?

• Yes

Votes: 29 96.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have a DJi Phantom 3 professional. Thinking about trying out the Litchi app for flying. Can anyone recommend this app. Thanks in advance

Lots of people are using Litchi. Check out these search results to see what other members here think about it.

Reactions: JoBe
so many peeps recommend it here that it would be harder to find someone who doesn't recommend it.

I own Litchi, but I don't use it often. I usually use DJI GO because it has always worked well on my devices, it includes all of the features I need, and it creates much better flight logs than other 3rd party apps (like Litchi).

Reactions: LarBear360
I use it for 360 Panos and Hyperlapses. Being able to see what my hyperlapse will look like before flying it is an amazing resource, I use VLM and Google Earth to do this, below is my comparison between my actual flight and the Google Earth path.

Reactions: stephos
Welcome to Phantom Pilots by the way, fly safe and have fun :D

I have a DJi Phantom 3 professional. Thinking about trying out the Litchi app for flying. Can anyone recommend this app. Thanks in advance
I purchased Litchi early on but rarely use it anymore. I had two unexplained mishaps with missions which almost resulted in flying into some trees. I do still use for 360 panos. Those don't scare me. It works great.

I like GO since it works just fine and if something goes wrong, I don't have to worry about possibly voiding my DJI Care or factory warranty.

Have tried Lichti. A firmware upgrade last year was limiting my flight and I could not determine why, even verifying beginner mode was OFF and making sure i was logged in to my account.. Tried Lichti which did not restrict flight height or distance. The one drawback is that it does not give an automatic return to home and I am afraid of not having enough battery and losing the drone. Honestly it has been so long since I flew I don't know if DJI go will work or not with the restrictions. I got sort of disgusted with trying to get rid of the firmware limitation.

Have tried Lichti. A firmware upgrade last year was limiting my flight and I could not determine why, even verifying beginner mode was OFF and making sure i was logged in to my account.. Tried Lichti which did not restrict flight height or distance. The one drawback is that it does not give an automatic return to home and I am afraid of not having enough battery and losing the drone. Honestly it has been so long since I flew I don't know if DJI go will work or not with the restrictions. I got sort of disgusted with trying to get rid of the firmware limitation.

Does not have RTH? You're mistaken there as RTH is embedded in the Firmware on the aircraft. RTH settings can be changed within Litchi so you may want to review those settings.

Does not have RTH? You're mistaken there as RTH is embedded in the Firmware on the aircraft. RTH settings can be changed within Litchi so you may want to review those settings.
If that is true then yes I need to review. I do not remember getting an automatic RTH message as the battery wore down. I remember that being the one thing I was hesistant to use it for.

Welcome to the board Mr Phantom.
I use both Litchi and DJI GO.
It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish in your mission.
Whichever you use; read the manual thoroughly, read as much information as possible on this forum, and of course be safe.
I would also suggest not having both Litchi and DJI GO installed on the same device.

Welcome to the board Mr Phantom.
I use both Litchi and DJI GO.
It really depends on what you're trying to accomplish in your mission.
Whichever you use; read the manual thoroughly, read as much information as possible on this forum, and of course be safe.
I would also suggest not having both Litchi and DJI GO installed on the same device.
Having both installed should be no problem. Do not, however, have them both running at the same time.

Having both installed should be no problem. Do not, however, have them both running at the same time.

Depends on the device you are using according to Litchi.

"For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3Standard/P34K/Spark will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device)"

"For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3Standard/P34K/Spark will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device)"
I stand corrected.

There have been horror stories for both DJI Go 4 and Litchi. Most of them have been caused by earlier versions. Over time, the issues have gone away ... for the most part. So, as said above, it depends on what your are planning to do. I use DJI Go 4 which is now very stable. The available Intelligent Flight Modes are, however, different for my P4P and my Mavic Air. So when seeking the right function, it seems to be drone model dependent.

I ran into similar issues on my Galaxy Tab S2 (prior to switching to iOS and now the CrystalSky). On Samsung tablets you can get around this by setting up a second user on the tablet one user with DJI Go and the other user with Litchi.

The more I use it the more I like it BUT...I'm still having problems flying in Focus mode. I keep reading the manual and there are things I just can't get. Yesterday, I had the Poi set on a Welcome sign 20 ft in the front of the UAV which was pointing at the sign, wanted to do a slow pass sideways to the left, me standing at the right of the P4. The stick response was reversed. There was a small tree about 5 ft behind the drone. The drone always wanted to back into he tree, left became right, forward became backward, and vice-versa. I might have flown 5-6 batteries and still can't figure the magenta and siam lines. I tried different References and I can never predict which way the drone will respond to my control inputs. Am I too old to figure such a simple thing out? LOL

I started to use Licthi because the DJI go 4 application give me the annoying caution of(high wind speed) all the times
Although I like the flight logs of dji go 4 I stopped using it because of that

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4