Litchi and tablet issue

Reaction score
How do I uninstall and then reinstall Litchi on my tablet? if I uninstall it does is it removed the completely from my tablet or does the program still reside on my tablet waiting to be reinstalled? Do I need to download it again from the Playstore?

Litchi has recently been buggy for me on my android tablet. It takes a long time for the waypoint mission to upload and on a few occasions did not upload at all. (Prior to this waypoint missions would upload in about two seconds.) Sometimes the recording does not stop when I press the button to stop. I have been using Litchi for months with no problems until a week or two ago. I have not changed the firmware on the aircraft. I don't have any auto updates on the tablet. I do not have the DJI go app on my tablet.

Tablet is a Samsung galaxy Tab E. The problem occurs even if the tablet battery is fully charged.

Mark

I had a very similar issue several months back with a Galaxy Tab A. What version of Android are you running? Kit Kat? Marshmallow?

Yes, that is Marshmallow. Originally my TAB A was on Lollipop, and I, " Stupidly" updated it to Marshmallow. That's where almost the exact same issues you are experiencing started. Choppy video at times, Definitely slow mission uploads etc..etc.. Tried every setting in the book, different "Developer Options" and so forth to no avail. I finally decided that there was a Kernal update, which those sometimes you don't see unless you look in great detail. Being unable to go back to Lollipop without rooting it, I made the decision to Go with a Galaxy TAB S2 which has more ram and a faster processor, although it is running Nougat ( Android 7) it works flawlessly and is rocket fast in comparison. Android is very picky with GO or Litchi which tablets and which version run well and which do not.

If you uninstall litchi the files will still be there and basically saves most settings. So you need to go to

*settings/files
*delete all litchi folders

1500065510097.png

Yes, that is Marshmallow. Originally my TAB A was on Lollipop, and I, " Stupidly" updated it to Marshmallow. That's where almost the exact same issues you are experiencing started. Choppy video at times, Definitely slow mission uploads etc..etc.. Tried every setting in the book, different "Developer Options" and so forth to no avail. I finally decided that there was a Kernal update, which those sometimes you don't see unless you look in great detail. Being unable to go back to Lollipop without rooting it, I made the decision to Go with a Galaxy TAB S2 which has more ram and a faster processor, although it is running Nougat ( Android 7) it works flawlessly and is rocket fast in comparison. Android is very picky with GO or Litchi which tablets and which version run well and which do not.
Fwiw you can go back in Android versions but you have to do something to the boot loader (?) which kills your warranty. It's easier and safer than rooting though. I did it - took me all day.

What about doing a factory reset of the tablet? Would this remove the modifications since I purchased it a few months ago?

I had the same problem on my Tab s on 6 my son rolled it back to 5 and now It is very reliable although vey occasionally (today) the video won't stay on record .
In fact after almost giving Litchi the boot due to the frustration I had initially I now use it exclusively .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl