Can't cashe maps

Reaction score
I've had the Phantom 3 pro for awhile. Bought it new. I've always used a tablet with cell service, and only fly in my back yard. Now I want to cancel cell service on my tablet, and cashe maps via wifi. I have everything powered up, aircraft, controller, tablet. Tablet is in airplane mode and wifi on. DJIgo app v. 3.1.58. I still see a map of my area, but want to cashe out further. I zoom in to a level as per the MANY videos I've watched on this subject. I move around, but when I get to the edge of my map, It goes dark. does not add to my map. And this ver. of the app does not have a drop down for cashe maps, that I can see. Please help ! Can't wait for the Air 2S to show up next week.
Thanks guys
JMC667

I've had the Phantom 3 pro for awhile. Bought it new. I've always used a tablet with cell service, and only fly in my back yard. Now I want to cancel cell service on my tablet, and cashe maps via wifi. I have everything powered up, aircraft, controller, tablet. Tablet is in airplane mode and wifi on. DJIgo app v. 3.1.58. I still see a map of my area, but want to cashe out further. I zoom in to a level as per the MANY videos I've watched on this subject. I move around, but when I get to the edge of my map, It goes dark. does not add to my map. And this ver. of the app does not have a drop down for cashe maps, that I can see. Please help ! Can't wait for the Air 2S to show up next week.
Thanks guys
JMC667

So when you are in the app and you open the map it goes dark, this shouldnt happen as you are connected to the internet, does the same thing happen if you open regular google maps (assuming you are using google maps that is)

It's helpful to type in the location you want to save and fly, then finger fly around that location on the screen. It will save in maps for a long time and you will be warned when update needed. I've never had cellular, wifi only tablets.

So when you are in the app and you open the map it goes dark, this shouldnt happen as you are connected to the internet, does the same thing happen if you open regular google maps (assuming you are using google maps that is)
This app uses mapbox. I don't know how to use google maps in the dji app. Thanks for your reply

It's helpful to type in the location you want to save and fly, then finger fly around that location on the screen. It will save in maps for a long time and you will be warned when update needed. I've never had cellular, wifi only tablets.
Thanks for reply. I'm not sure where to type in the location in the dji app. When everything is powered up and connected , the map shows me as a blue pin, I just start from there and scroll and zoom around where I want to fly ( in my back yard where I always fly. Please tell me about the way you are talking . Thanks

sorry, I can open google maps on my phone if I'm traveling.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik