Litchi and Crystal Sky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Litchi works on a Crystal Sky monitor? I know DJI now allows 3rd party software on CS by downloading an ARK file for software.

I've never tried it, but people are able to at least install Litchi 4.0.2 (see this thread). There was a how-to video on doing this on YouTube. The creator of that video was recently forced to remove it at Litchi's request (since it allowed Litchi to be installed without buying it). See more details here.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
Does anyone know if Litchi works on a Crystal Sky monitor? I know DJI now allows 3rd party software on CS by downloading an ARK file for software.

You can install Litchi now. However, because it requires Google Play Services to run and you cannot install the services, Litchi will not work correctly or at all. I would not attempt to fly your drone under these conditions.

I finally got Litchi installed along with the needed apps necessary to run it on Crystalsky. However, the app and the aircraft would not connect. I tried starting the RC first then the aircraft then vice-versa, but they would never connect. With that said, I didn't see a whole lot of difference in the display for my purpases, so I sent the Crystalsky back for a refund.

The only downside is that you'll have to buy it again.

Too funny, having to spend approximately $30 is a downside of having another app license, instead you promote (in a previous reply) stealing it by linking to a You Tube video....

instead you promote (in a previous reply) stealing it by linking to a You Tube video....
Not sure what you mean. Where did I suggest someone should try to steal something?

Your embeded link has a typo.

DJI CrystalSky - Litchi
You have https://flylitchi.cpm/crystalsky

However, thank you for the link. I wish I had this to try it out before sending my CrystalSky back. But oh well.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The android version released for Crystalsky is not the same or as user friendly as the iOS version, IMO. In addition, it lacks a few of the features found on the iOS version (e.g., peak focus) and the video transmission on the CS monitor is very choppy.

Needs improvement before I’m convinced to give up on my Litchi/mini iPad4 combo.

Reactions: GFields
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The android version released for Crystalsky is not the same or as user friendly as the iOS version, IMO. In addition, it lacks a few of the features found on the iOS version (e.g., peak focus) and the video transmission on the CS monitor is very choppy.

Needs improvement before I’m convinced to give up on my Litchi/mini iPad4 combo.

I agree. I use the iPad mini 4 as well and there is nothing like pre-planning a waypoint mission from the mission hub - going to the job location and let it run. My interest in the CrystalSky monitor was soley in the display brightness. However, I have used a shade cover for the iPad mini successfully. Or even found a small shade nearby that works well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl