Lipo battery bag

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking around at lipo battery bags.
While there are a bunch of cheap options on Ebay or Banggood etc, I'm not 100% confident that they're actually as fire retardant as they say they are.

Has anyone had any experience, or done any 'testing' of the cheaper branded lipo bags?

Also I'd really like to be able to fit my charge hub with 4 batteries in a bag while charging - has anyone bought a bag this size? If so, where from?

Cheers!
Hunt

Got mine from Ebay, but I'm not banking on it actually exploding. It was purchased mainly as the minimum requirement to get past through the airport.

It was purchased mainly as the minimum requirement to get past through the airport.
This idea is popular on forums but it's a myth.
No airline or airport security people are at all interested.
Look at the dangerous goods section of any airline's website and they all mention lithium batteries but none mention Lipo bags.
No-one has ever been asked at airport security to show their Lipo bags.

Reactions: tml4191
This idea is popular on forums but it's a myth.
No airline or airport security people are at all interested.
Look at the dangerous goods section of any airline's website and they all mention lithium batteries but none mention Lipo bags.
No-one has ever been asked at airport security to show their Lipo bags.

Yeah. They don't care if you carry them on. Only not allowed to check them in.

Unless you have a Samsung Note 7 - then you can't do either (I have one - bugger!)

I don't know about other countries, but the FAA requires battery terminals to be covered (see more details here). There are many ways to do that outside of buying LiPo bags though.

Oh thanks for the clarification. Good thing I bought it cheap off of ebay then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.