Battery woes. Yes !!!! Another one !

Reaction score
Yet again , dead battery syndrome strikes. I have 5 P4 batts, one , the ne in the drone , seems to hold charge , and charges fine. the other 4 , stored in the boxes they came n , will not charge. On any charger, even the official one . The rub of this is that the whole outfit , is efectively brand-fire new, never having been flown yet, due to having too many drones,not enough time, crap weather , and having aP2V plus as my 'hack' grab 'n' go ship . I have others similarly unflown from new, including an original P2 with 'egg' camera. None of this has any bearing on the P4 dead batteries, tho' . I note there's a fellow in America who does a repair service, fr which there is clearly demand. Is there anyone does similar in the U.K.? I have tried the reset via the contacts on the board on the bottom of one battery , accessed by cutting the appropiate corner of the case to minimise damage. But -no joy! If anyone has any info on this , please let me know. Thanx y'all in anticipation.

Yet again , dead battery syndrome strikes. I have 5 P4 batts, one , the ne in the drone , seems to hold charge , and charges fine. the other 4 , stored in the boxes they came n , will not charge. On any charger, even the official one . The rub of this is that the whole outfit , is efectively brand-fire new, never having been flown yet, due to having too many drones,not enough time, crap weather , and having aP2V plus as my 'hack' grab 'n' go ship . I have others similarly unflown from new, including an original P2 with 'egg' camera. None of this has any bearing on the P4 dead batteries, tho' . I note there's a fellow in America who does a repair service, fr which there is clearly demand. Is there anyone does similar in the U.K.? I have tried the reset via the contacts on the board on the bottom of one battery , accessed by cutting the appropiate corner of the case to minimise damage. But -no joy! If anyone has any info on this , please let me know. Thanx y'all in anticipation.
Hi, just had tow p4p batteries repaired, my problem was the lights came on then stopped, and they would not charge, hyperflight drones can repair p4p batteries and it worth asking if he can bring yours to life. He is based in Portland OR

Hi, just had tow p4p batteries repaired, my problem was the lights came on then stopped, and they would not charge, hyperflight drones can repair p4p batteries and it worth asking if he can bring yours to life. He is based in Portland OR
This guy is how I became aware of the possibility of repairing the batts. Unfortunately, the shipping would reder this extremely uneconomical , and then our illustious custos folks would want their pound of flesh on top . The cost would far exceed hat of choking down the angst and buying new. Think I may give it a go with a charger set to NiMH as has been well documented in laces various , and be damned. What could possibly go wrong???????

This guy is how I became aware of the possibility of repairing the batts. Unfortunately, the shipping would reder this extremely uneconomical , and then our illustious custos folks would want their pound of flesh on top . The cost would far exceed hat of choking down the angst and buying new. Think I may give it a go with a charger set to NiMH as has been well documented in laces various , and be damned. What could possibly go wrong???????
Yes if your careful with the nimd charger they say that works to bring em alive. I have not tried that as im to old to fool around with something im just not familiar with. My luck i would put the wrong terminal and end up on the moon. I was just out doing a test fly with a new drone, and i used the Litchi app which i just started to use recently. The app said my battery needs to be fully dishcarged then charge or it could die out while flying, first i heard of this but its on the app so it must mean something.

OK, if you’re comfortable disassembling the battery (which is honestly not that hard) this video will show you how to reset the smart battery controller onboard which should being your battery back to life.

Once done you should charge and fly your batteries several times at home to calculate endurance and generally reassure yourself that there is no underlying issue with them other than the firmware getting it’s knickers in a knot before using them in earnest.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK, if you’re comfortable disassembling the battery (which is honestly not that hard) this video will show you how to reset the smart battery controller onboard which should being your battery back to life.

Once done you should charge and fly your batteries several times at home to calculate endurance and generally reassure yourself that there is no underlying issue with them other than the firmware getting it’s knickers in a knot before using them in earnest.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Aye. these things do tend to get their knickers in a knot somewhat ! I've tried the reset with the contacts on the bottom board on one of the bats , but no cigar. The case on these things , being glued and snaplocked together makes 'em bloody hard yakka to open . Damage is certain to ensue , I'm sure . Will have to have a go at the others, maybe the one I tried was just too discharged to reset. It will likely be the test piece for the short, sharp shock of a NiMH charger. Ive watched said vlog a few times, and it's clear how to go about it , but it would be a **** sight easier with P4 Pro batts with the screw-secured top . If I gotta stump up for new 'uns, I'll go for these if they fit the cooking version of P4. And I'll go generic if I can find 'em. DJI have enough of my loot as it is.

Yes if your careful with the nimd charger they say that works to bring em alive. I have not tried that as im to old to fool around with something im just not familiar with. My luck i would put the wrong terminal and end up on the moon. I was just out doing a test fly with a new drone, and i used the Litchi app which i just started to use recently. The app said my battery needs to be fully dishcarged then charge or it could die out while flying, first i heard of this but its on the app so it must mean something.
Yeah , old dogs , new trix , I hear ya ! But given a modicum of caution and attention , this OUGHT to be reasonably do-able. What's the worst that could happen ? I know nothing of the Litchi app , other than it exists , but id it has any connexion with DJI, I would be very suspicious of it telling me to completely discharge a batt , would not putit past 'em to then have the app tell yer the batts buggered , time to buy a new one. KERRCHINGGG !!!I know for sure I will mark any charge dates on a calendar from now on , and maybe do all the batts on a bi-monthly basis . Monthly would come around too quick , methinks. Funny how retirement makes the months and seasons whizz round at a dizzying rate........

Aye. these things do tend to get their knickers in a knot somewhat ! I've tried the reset with the contacts on the bottom board on one of the bats , but no cigar. The case on these things , being glued and snaplocked together makes 'em bloody hard yakka to open . Damage is certain to ensue , I'm sure . Will have to have a go at the others, maybe the one I tried was just too discharged to reset. It will likely be the test piece for the short, sharp shock of a NiMH charger. Ive watched said vlog a few times, and it's clear how to go about it , but it would be a **** sight easier with P4 Pro batts with the screw-secured top . If I gotta stump up for new 'uns, I'll go for these if they fit the cooking version of P4. And I'll go generic if I can find 'em. DJI have enough of my loot as it is.
I have tried to reset with no luck. I find it easy to take battery apart if you use a hear gun and box cutter to score the bottom. But for some reason I can't get a reset. Could be a bad battery

now ; here's a thing. I have had one battery apart , and charged it on a NiMh cycle at 1 Amp until 15.2V. Still only got the button light and 1 LED bar lit , which sometimes flashes 16 times and off , sometimes nthing. No joy connecting the DJI charger, either. But , oddly , in my opinion ,last time the button light and 1 bar lit, they stayed lit , will not turn off. Also , on the circuit board, about where the balancer lead attaches, it got hot, and stayed hot. All night. So I put it in a tin with a lid and kept it in the garden in a safe place all night. Still the same in the orning. When I had finished the charge with the NiMH charger, the voltage was 16 and change. In the morning still 15.42. Wonered if the heat was the discharge acility built in the battery nto discharge to storage charge ?

Anyhoo , got worried about a battery runaway , given the level of heat was such that you could not touch it, so gave this batt the saltwater spa treatment. Today , I opened another batt , had no lights, no activity at all . Charged slowly at .01 Amp on the NiMH , up to 14.9V. This after disconnecting the balance lead and unsoldering the + and - from the circuit board. Charged it to 14.9V , reconnected the balancer, and soldered the - to the circuit board, and the LED strip lit showing nearly full charge , and turned off and on again at each attempt. Great , thought I. However, when I resoldered the + to the board, back to square 1 -no power-on , no lights , nothing. And yes , I have done the reset thing at the RST terminal on the board to the batt - . Why does it seem to work fine before the batt + is connected? That seems just odd to me. Any suggestions/ Or another session at the saltwater spa /

Look up I have no idea. But if you lookup. Hyperflight drone and go on his website. You can ask him or what his video that shows what he does to reset/ program the battery back to working. He just did two batteries for me that would have lights but not charge and they now work great. Might get you an answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.