lipo bags

Ksc

Reaction score
with all this talk of batteries blowing up, I've gotten a tiny bit nervous. I'm thinking about buying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190896886816?_t ... 6ga4m%3DT3 and wanted to know when I should use them? While charging? flap closed? just to store my batteries? in the phantom case, it looks like there are 6 slots for batteries but they won't fit the bags too. is it safe to store them in the case? if so, lid open? I don't want to die. not concerned about the house, its insured.

See my post on the Lipo silo, I had to custom order a charging case. I got the bags and use them to transport the batts in the car and anywhere else where I go to fly the bird. You can use them to charge too if you haven`t got a safe place to do that. Just keep `em batteries away from carpets and other flammable surfaces.

I have some of those bags, I also have an ammo can for charging, I think I posted a pic in the silo thread too. I can't say for sure that the bags are fire proof, people have said the eBay ones can burn? But I try to take the proper precautions, for a couple of $$ it's a wise purchase for a $1000+ kit

There is a post a few down from this now on page 2 called, "Battery - Voltage per cell at full charge."

Might be worth reading. The kinds of problems the bags are for can be prevented with proper lipo handling, balancing in particular.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl