Phantom 2 Vision Plus WiFi module finally repaired.

Reaction score
I took my Phantom vision Plus out of the closet and had my WiFi repaired via eBay. Mailed it out Saturday and got it back 5 days later on Thursday. $40 plus $7.95 shipping.

My batteries sat for 2 years at about 75% charge. So I decided to drain them down to near zero and recharge them. I did this twice. Should I be concerned about battery failure?

When you say NEAR ZERO......what do you mean to what battery %.........i have read here that a Li Po battery should Never ever be took extremely low.....IF i remember right Never below 8%.....Always remember this > Flight battery's and the drones props" are the two very most Important things for a safe flight !

So IF your really Love that drone.....don't trust 2 year old flight battery's....that set for 2 years at 75% charge.
Maybe some other member will say.....go fly it.it will be OK ......Nope Not going to be Me.

I'm confused by this : had my WiFi repaired via eBay. ......?

Reactions: liketogethigh
When you say NEAR ZERO......what do you mean to what battery %.........i have read here that a Li Po battery should Never ever be took extremely low.....IF i remember right Never below 8%.....Always remember this > Flight battery's and the drones props" are the two very most Important things for a safe flight !

So IF your really Love that drone.....don't trust 2 year old flight battery's....that set for 2 years at 75% charge.
Maybe some other member will say.....go fly it.it will be OK ......Nope Not going to be Me.

I'm confused by this : had my WiFi repaired via eBay. ......?

The wifi box in the quad stops working if left unused for a long period. There are people on eBay (me) that can repair them for a fee

CAUTION : IF you do take the High Risk and fly with the ole batterys....stay really close to the ground like maybe a 6 inches ...and very carefully watch the batterys condition in the Go app..The BEST of Flights to you.

Reactions: liketogethigh
If the batteries charged normally and fully then theres likely no issue with them even after sitting that long but as others have said. Be cautious with the first few flights, stay close, low, and make sure there's nothing underneath you that could be damaged in case a battery shuts down. Keep in mind the P2 batteries do NOT have the auto discharge feature that the P3 and up do so its best to only charge them before flight and leave them at 2 lights when storing them.

My only other option is aftermarket batteries. I think I trust the old DJI batteries more.
I have no experience with aftermarket batteries for the P2 but my experience with aftermarket P3 batteries resulted in them being returned for a refund.

My only other option is aftermarket batteries. I think I trust the old DJI batteries more.

You will find people have issues with some, its a 50\50 wether they are any good, I have 2 that are 3 years old, one has failed the other is still working fine.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20