Limefuel 6000Mah Available

Received my Amazon and preorder battery Saturday, lol on the same day. Have not flown but fired her up and works fine.

Placed my pre-order on January 27th and received February 10 via USPS; did not receive an e-mail shipping confirmation or tracking number.

I saw a couple of people report the new batteries reporting only 80% charged inside the Phantom software. Mine reports at 6000Mah at 100%. Of course this isn't a true current measurment. The assistant software is just passing along whatever lies the battery is telling. But at a minimum yours should be saying it's 100%. If not I'd cycle it once or twice and if no luck I'd send it back. That's why I bought on Amazon - they are really good about refunds. Not enough flight time for me to say for sure how well these things are working but I like what I have seen so far.

battery.jpg

I just noticed that Limefuel is claiming their new units are fully compatible with DJI firmware updates now including battery firmware updates.

I'm probably going to get one of the new units 6000 mAh units, I already have one of the older 5400s. Does anyone know if there is a way to get one of the older 5400 units upgraded such that they are compatible with Phantom firmware upgrades?

I received my pre-order yesterday. Once charged, I did a hover test. 75 Feet hover with mild to moderate winds. DJI battery lasted 15:47 to 18% of battery life and the Limefuel 6000 lasted 18:04 of 17% battery life. I started the timer after calibration of compass and right before take off. I definitely noticed a postive difference however I have noticed that the contacts on the Limefuel are slightly slanted, making it a little more difficult to slide it. Also, the indicator lights are brighter on the Limefuel. Build quality is nice however the fit is not 100% but pretty **** close.

Entropy512 said:
I just noticed that Limefuel is claiming their new units are fully compatible with DJI firmware updates now including battery firmware updates.
Source?

I fail to understand why anyone would plug their Phantom into the internet????? If it works don't **** with it, I have over 50 flights and will NEVER let mine see the internet again.

It comes from the product description on amazon.com. Below is a snippet/ screen grab.

dptcalvin said:
Entropy512 said:
Source?

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 359
Ah, interesting!

DJI battery 13:14 (I may have landed earlier than normal) and 15:04 flight times about 25% battery remaining I think
Limefuel 16:50. (27% battery remaining)

I flew the DJI batteries harder with avg speed 10.2mph (top speed 41.3) for the 13:14 min flight and 12.3mph (top speed 44 mph) for 15:04 flight. The limefuel I took it easy because it was first flight avg 5.8 mph (top speed 30mph). I plan on flying all three batteries later this afternoon around the same pace to get a better idea however as of right now Im happy!! 2 extra minutes of flight time for $15 less...not bad.

These 6000's are offering SLIGHTLY longer flight times and cost $125 on Amazon prime. The 5200's from DJI also cost $125 on Prime. The Limefuel 5400's are probably about the same in terms of flight time as DJI's 5200's but only cost $95. Limefuel has a "1 year" warranty while DJI offers what... 30 days or 90? Of course Limefuel has yet to be put to the test on the warranty issue.

Still all considered maybe the Limefuel 5400's are the best bang for the buck.

cmyk22 said:
It comes from the product description on amazon.com. Below is a snippet/ screen grab.

dptcalvin said:
Entropy512 said:
Source?
I clipped out your image to avoid lengthening the thread too much, but that is EXACTLY the line I'm talking about from the Amazon page at http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacem ... 00QR10588/

"*1/1/2015 New Release- Limefuel Air is compatible and upgradeable with DJI firmware updates."

This appears in the descriptions for both the 5400 and 6000

This info might be out of date, but the Limefuel site says otherwise:

*Limefuel Air L54P battery is not compatible with the latest DJI battery firmware update (v2.6). To continue using the L54P DO NOT update the battery firmware via DJI's Assistant program- leave at v1.6. The Main Controller, Receiver, and PCB can be updated without issue. Updating drone firmware to v3.08 will not affect battery firmware.*

http://shop.limefuel.com/products/dji-p ... nt-battery

The 5400's and 6000's are not the same model. The 6000's are supposed to be fine but older 5400's have problems if you update with older DJI firmware. Probably a non-issue now. Either way I wouldn't update my drone with a Limefuel battery plugged in. Just pop an old DJI battery in for any update and you will be fine.

I understand they are not the same model, but given the Amazon listing says both the 5400 and 6000 are compatible with updates and the Limefuel site says the 5400 is not, I'd just be cautious.

As suggested, I just wouldn't bother updating Limefuel batteries. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

dptcalvin said:
I understand they are not the same model, but given the Amazon listing says both the 5400 and 6000 are compatible with updates and the Limefuel site says the 5400 is not, I'd just be cautious.

As suggested, I just wouldn't bother updating Limefuel batteries. If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Yeah. What I'm wondering is:
1) Are new L54P units compatible with firmware updates?
2) If they are, is there a method for upgrading older L54Ps?

Either way, I ordered an L60

Well decided to have a quick 2nd flight with Limefuel L60P battery #2 and got this:

Screenshot_2015_02_12_11_20_20.png

I pulled the battery, powered down and powered back up and the message went away. Still made me go Hummmm....

rbhamilton - I had the same issue. I'm still on 3.08. After recycling power on Phantom, Phone, RC and Wi-Fi 5 times I gave up and contacted Limefuel. They said send it back and they'll send me a new one. They were quick to respond via email, so I'm confident that they'll have another in the mail soon.

dptcalvin said:
That's the same Amazon listing that says the 6000 gives an extra 10 mins flight time.
file.php

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers