LIGHTNING PICTURES CAPTURED BY PHANTOM RAIN.

Not a rain flyer but will definitely order it for insulating my P4 for winter flying!
In my experience the battery tends to generate enough heat in flight for the cold to. It be an issue in, say, 15° weather if memory serves. I might be concerned about heat in the summer since I believe they are stick on and non removable. But I have no data on that. Could be fine. Depends on where you fly too.

Here is how we stay ready for action on a moments notice, If the light go out , we go up in the sky.
View attachment 102519

This charges all 3 batteries and the Plus Controller. Set up is so easy.

View attachment 102518

We stopped using the case: Ready to Fly when the storm hits,
View attachment 102551

When the storm hits we want to be ready, we have yet to catch a really severe storm during the day.
We figured out every way to get around carrying that case. Custom Barrels work great on my bike.
View attachment 102552
The drone behide the motorcycle will not last long. Too much viberation!

Reactions: O6-Hammerhead
Not a rain flyer but will definitely order it for insulating my P4 for winter flying!

Yes it is fantastic for keeping the battery warm, as the wet suit does stop the cold freezing air from getting behind the battery.
Thank you.

okay, I won't comment about night flying but I will say that I don't think it is appropriate to start a thread like this to advertise your product.

If this thread is really about sharing lightning pictures, I am not impressed with the quality of the pictures posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddy
okay, I won't comment pin night flying but I will say that I don't think it is appropriate to start a thread like this to advertise your product.

If this thread is really about sharing lightning pictures, I am not impressed with the quality of the pictures posted.

The amazing thing about the post is that they are not photos , they are the individual frames from the video showing how each frame captured a part of the lightning. Having 60 frames is great for slow motion but also for finding the perfect shot.

We are an approved vendor:
We pay money to $$$$ advertise on the home page and $$ on the forum
this is why you see are posts in regards to Phantomrain.org

So every thread we start is about shinning new light on the Phantom 4 Series of drones , making them look like new, giving them new abilities and making them more secure to fly.

Understood about the frame capture. I know Abobe Photoshop Elements has that feature but I recently purchased it and have not had a chance to try it. Capturing lightning strikes presumably would be a good use of that feature. I would have hoped that a little better quality picture would be possible. Maybe just need to play with settings to get a better result?

As an Approved Vendor, IMHO, I think you need to be careful about creating or commenting in a thread such that it does not come across as primarily promoting your priduct. May be a very fine line so I would suggest being careful not to get too close to it. Seems like I have seen other posts of yours that seem to be promoting your product. Don't take this as a personal attack, just passing on my observations.

Understood about the frame capture. I know Abobe Photoshop Elements has that feature but I recently purchased it and have not had a chance to try it. Capturing lightning strikes presumably would be a good use of that feature. I would have hoped that a little better quality picture would be possible. Maybe just need to play with settings to get a better result?

As an Approved Vendor, IMHO, I think you need to be careful about creating or commenting in a thread such that it does not come across as primarily promoting your priduct. May be a very fine line so I would suggest being careful not to get too close to it. Seems like I have seen other posts of yours that seem to be promoting your product. Don't take this as a personal attack, just passing on my observations.

They are good observations, point taken. Keep in mind that these pictures were taken in a Black out, in the pouring rain , in the middle of the night at what appeared to be only a flash in the sky, and only when i went thru frame by frame did I see those frames. That is what was so crazy about the lightning.

Because of that every new storm has a greater potential to capture something fun now, we just did not always see it with the eye so most of the time we trashed the footage.

Now we know the real gems might be hidden with in those 60 or 30 frames..

Ok gang... this thread is now open but we are expecting ALL of our membership to play nicely. If you can't be nice then go to another thread and ignore the posts that trigger you.

If any more of the above actions take place we will address them directly and discretely.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS! ! !

Without 60 frames per second on the video I would have missed these shots so the Mavic M2P would have left me with a black sky. lol
Another option to get better quality might be to follow tried and proven terrestrial photography technique. Shoot manual mode with your aperture at f4 and ISO at 200 and take multiple exposures of around 2 seconds. Simply align and stack images (frames that contain lightning) in post. You will get much higher quality this way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic