lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

I get this response with the Air Unit. What does it mean? It doesn't matter whether I Ctrl+C and restart the tool or unplug power while tool is running. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Air Module Messages.PNG

This means your receive line works fine, but the chip does not react on sending requests.

@gaucho The process works well with the Ground Station but errors out on the Air Module. Do you have any input on a solution to the above? It looks like a number of folks are experiencing the same issue.

Also on the Air Unit, is there any other pads that are equivalent to the 3V3 and BSEL?

Thanks,

another one bites the dust. When connected to usb on 3 different pcs no version info was displayed, tried several cables, nothing. After flashing the ground unit only, there everything was fine, I get boot loop. Anybody has any similar issues?

[ 15.030000] pinmux1:0x00285555
[ 15.030000] pinmux4:0x1155fdff
[ 15.030000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->hsync_len:62, mode->left_margin:122, mode->right_margin:16, mode->xres:720
[ 15.040000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->vsync_len:6, mode->upper_margin:36, mode->lower_margin:9, mode->yres:480
[ 15.060000] davinci_venc davinci_venc: Desired VENC clock not available
[ 15.060000] davinci_venc davinci_venc: PLL's doesnot yield required VENC clk
[ 15.070000] PLL's doesnot yield required VENC clk
[ 15.140000] pinmux1:0x00285555
[ 15.140000] pinmux4:0x1155fdff
[ 15.140000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->hsync_len:40, mode->left_margin:260, mode->right_margin:110, mode->xres:1280
[ 15.150000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->vsync_len:5, mode->upper_margin:25, mode->lower_margin:5, mode->yres:720
[ 15.320000] pinmux1:0x00285555
[ 15.320000] pinmux4:0x1155fdff
[ 15.320000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->hsync_len:62, mode->left_margin:122, mode->right_margin:16, mode->xres:720
[ 15.330000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->vsync_len:6, mode->upper_margin:36, mode->lower_margin:9, mode->yres:480
[ 15.350000] davinci_venc davinci_venc: Desired VENC clock not available
[ 15.350000] davinci_venc davinci_venc: PLL's doesnot yield required VENC clk
[ 15.360000] PLL's doesnot yield required VENC clk
[ 15.430000] pinmux1:0x00285555
[ 15.430000] pinmux4:0x1155fdff
[ 15.430000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->hsync_len:40, mode->left_margin:260, mode->right_margin:110, mode->xres:1280
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![ 15.450000] davinci_enc_set_display_timing=>mode->vsync_len:5, mode->upper_margin:25, mode->lower_margin:5, mode->yres:720
!!!!!!! open 68013 failed VENDOR_ID = 0x0547
Error: Failed to create osd attr device
umount: can't remount none read-only
umount: mdev busy - remounted read-only
umount: can't remount none read-only
The system is going down NOW!
Sent SIGTERM to all processes

here goes to reboot and just loops around.any help would be greatly appreciated

ok.so that would be usb controller.that explains no connection at all.but also on the air unit there is no info on any firmware.but they link fine, both leds on air unit go to green, here is the 5th usb cable on 3rd pc :(

that was weird. I tried 5-6 USB cables, none worked on lightbridge, but worked just fine on other stuff. I think 7th cable worked, only on rear USB port of the motherboard. Quite sensitive to USB cables :((

I used a serial analyzer to see the communication between windows assistant software and the lightbridge. This software helps me a lot to read data: serial port sniffer

Last edited:
I used a serial analyzer to see the communication between windows assistant software and the lightbridge

Really? A simple capture tool, which can be easily replaced by free and open-source programs, helped you with understanding the communication?
I can't see information about it supporting DJI protocols; how do you interpret the binary packets?

Here is a free tool which can really read the data, and store individual packets in PCAP file:
comm_serial2pcap.py - o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

The PCAP can then be opened in Wireshark for analysis. You can load DJI dissectors into Wireshak and then _properly_ see the data transferred - packets have types, fields have names etc.

Hi all,
All of them desolate for my English I had to use the google translator.

here I use the soft and flash nothing to say the LB works great. By cons I ask myself a question not as much to know that you in the programming is it possible to change the code to connect it on DJI GO or DJI GO 4 with osmo interface or inspire? Because I also use the PI zero version of cosmostreamer that works great too and managed to send them back and the video on the DJI GO app

Watching

Unfortunately, the Rx pad came off of my ground unit. I tried using the second set of Rx/Tx/GND pads down by the antenna, but the flashing process (which had worked in the past) just repeatedly says "Target:". Can the second set of Rx/Tx/GND pads be used for this process?

Also, I'm connecting the Tx pin on the FT232RL to the Tx pin on the LB -- can someone please confirm that this is correct?

CAMERA FC200 (Phantom 2)
Hi i flashed the phantom2 vision fc200 camera but it wasn't good, what image file did you upload to it?

it does not work: sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM8" ubl1_editedByGaucho.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img

you have some working img file for you?

Attachments

• 20170905_143426.jpg
    20170905_143426.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 20170905_143455.jpg
    20170905_143455.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 403
  • vision_boot.jpg
    vision_boot.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 336
I've used that same image successfully in the past, but only for the standalone Lightbridge ground unit. I've never tried it with any modules from the Phantom...sorry.

I've used that same image successfully in the past, but only for the standalone Lightbridge ground unit. I've never tried it with any modules from the Phantom...sorry.
p3P camera board work ,P2V+ work ,this is a smooth fc200 vision cam does not work

Hi guys, Lightbridge 1 Air Unit issue here
when trying to run according to steps on page #1 we get this.. (there is mentioned a line containing Target: CORRUPT - what can this mean??)

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------
  TI Serial Flasher Host Program for DM36x
  (C) 2009, Texas Instruments, Inc.
  Ver. 1.50
-----------------------------------------------------

Flashing NAND with ubl1_editedByGaucho.img and u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img.

Attempting to connect to device COM2...
Press any key to end this program at any time.

Waiting for the DM36x...
       Target:
       Target:
       Target:  BOOTME
BOOTME commmand received. Returning ACK and header...
ACK command sent. Waiting for BEGIN command...
       Target:   BEGIN
BEGIN commmand received. Sending CRC table...
100% [                                                              ]
                          CRC table sent....

Waiting for DONE...
       Target: CORRUPT

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

When trying to run without bootpin it gives us this. Appears like the NAND is empty.. what can we try to do?

Code:
Target: DM36x initialization passed!
      Target: UBL Product Vesion : DJI-ABP-SUPER-UBL-1.0-rc0(2014-08-25)
      Target: Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 26 2014 - 16:00:24)
      Target: Booting Catalog Boot Loader
      Target: BootMode = NAND
      Target: Starting NAND Copy...
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001B.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001D.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001F.
      Target: No valid boot image found!
      Target: NAND Boot failed.
      Target: Aborting...

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I too am having similar issues with the DJI N1 Video Encoder with no video being processed, the solid red/green light and the "no image transmission signal" in the DJI Go App of course. I have this problem on two custom gimbals with DJI N1 Video Encoders, one with a Flir VuePro camera and the other with a 10x optical zoom camera. I have used both numerous times in years past with my Inspire 1. At some point in 2018 they both just stopped working with the first sign being the "no image transmission signal" message in DJI Go and of course, no live video stream. The DJI X3 camera connected to the Inspire 1 gimbal does however still provide video and works as it always had. In researching this I found the no image transmission signal mentioned on numerous forums back into late 2016 but related to the Inspire 1 and no video signal from standard X3 and X5 cameras attached to the Inspire 1 gimbal. The recurrent themes in these threads was that DJI Inspire 1 firmware upgrades were either causing this as a permanent problem or in even more cases what was reported as degraded video performance or reduced range or interference or the like. Most of these threads related to firmware downgrade processes trying to get back to Inspire 1 firmware where the belief was that this problem would be resolved. As the symptoms were similar for me (at least with the N1 encoders no longer providing a video signal out and hence not in the DJI Go app for sure.

So I have spent a bunch of time downgrading trying to see if this would get the two N1 video encoders working again with my Inspire 1 and the DJI Go app. This has not solved my problem with the N1 video encoders nor have I noticed any positive or negative impact on the video signal/video quality in the DJI Go app.

I have heard several comments from developers of recent, coupled with all of the N1 video encoder problems mentioned in this forum as well in several other forums as well, that the problem likely has nothing to do with Inspire 1 firmware versions or Matrice 100 firmware versions for that matter.

What I believe may be happening here is not at all firmware related but perhaps just an expiration of functionality in the DJI N1 Video Encoders. I heard that DJI was not obligated, specifically with the N1 Video Encoder on Inspire 1's, to allow them to function for perpetuity but instead perhaps had some fixed life and have since expired. If these encoders are not working for all of us who have isolated them to ensure they have either a guaranteed analog video signal and/or working/proper HDMI video input and no green light is returned any longer, that the N1 encoders have stopped functioning at least in many reported situations including my own.

Would someone from DJI or other with specific insight into this area please advise, as many of us are chasing our tails here and without the N1 Video Encoders, many of our non DJI solutions (non DJI cameras) no longer work, at least with the Inspire 1. This would a plausible scenario if DJI was interested in limiting 3rd party camera use with the Inspire and/or other DJI platforms.

Thanks in advance!

What I believe may be happening here is not at all firmware related but perhaps just an expiration of functionality in the DJI N1 Video Encoders.

Nope. Have you read all the threads you found?

I heard that DJI was not obligated, specifically with the N1 Video Encoder on Inspire 1's, to allow them to function for perpetuity but instead perhaps had some fixed life and have since expired.

No manufacturer is obliged for lifetime warranty, and every device has expected lifespan. Planned obsolescence is an issue with some companies; it is hard to prove though. But companies avoid it nowadays due to serious image losses. I see no evidence of planned obsolescence in Phantoms; though the NAND chips used are definitely not top tier, and someone might have noticed during development that they're a weak spot.

Would someone from DJI

I don't think we have DJI support folks here. Write on DJI forum.

Would someone [...] with specific insight into this area please advise

If you have the ability to fix electronics - diagnose and fix it.
If you don't - pay for a fix or buy a new device.

I made a diagnosis diagram and fix instructions for the issue on Ph3; you can make one for stand-alone lightbridge based on it:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic