lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

Reaction score
[ 1.370000] UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 while reading 512 bytes from PEB 35:2048, read 512 bytes
[ 1.380000] UBI error: ubi_io_read: error -74 while reading 64 bytes from PEB 36:0, read 64 bytes
[ 1.390000] UBI error: process_eb: bad image sequence number 248044948 in PEB 36, expected 1667215269
[ 1.400000] UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd2
[ 1.410000] UBI error: ubi_init: UBI error: cannot initialize UBI, error -22
Looks like your root file system is damaged as well. I doubt the one from Ph3 will work for you - someone would have to dump the whole NAND on a working device in order to fix such damage.

What happened to that camera? was it left on direct sunlight for a year?
It would seem the whole NAND got de-programmed.

Reaction score
Looks like your root file system is damaged as well. I doubt the one from Ph3 will work for you - someone would have to dump the whole NAND on a working device in order to fix such damage.

What happened to that camera? was it left on direct sunlight for a year?
It would seem the whole NAND got de-programmed.
Dji-Pro # nand bad

Device 0 bad blocks:
07f80000
07fa0000
07fc0000
07fe0000
Dji-Pro #

Reaction score
Nope. Have you read all the threads you found?

No manufacturer is obliged for lifetime warranty, and every device has expected lifespan. Planned obsolescence is an issue with some companies; it is hard to prove though. But companies avoid it nowadays due to serious image losses. I see no evidence of planned obsolescence in Phantoms; though the NAND chips used are definitely not top tier, and someone might have noticed during development that they're a weak spot.

I don't think we have DJI support folks here. Write on DJI forum.

If you have the ability to fix electronics - diagnose and fix it.
If you don't - pay for a fix or buy a new device.

I made a diagnosis diagram and fix instructions for the issue on Ph3; you can make one for stand-alone lightbridge based on it:

Hey Quaddamage--Thanks for your reply, I think... You used almost as many words as I did but didn't address anything helpful to my post, which remains a valid one. I believe that the point of these forums is exchanging information and being helpful and supportive of each other, is it not? If I wanted to be chided by someone I would have posted some random point, without specifics, that makes it obvious I have not idea what I am talking about. I am pretty sure I credentialized myself as written. I have had every Phantom since the Phantom 1 came out and have customized and enhanced everything throuh the P4, Pro+, Inspire 1 and F450 and 550 among numerous fixed wing autopilot driven long range FPV planes, so save me the newbie dribble.

YES, I've read more threads on this than most any challenge I have tried to address in the past. I never implied DJI had any responsibility for lifetime support nor that DJI could not obsolete anything they want at any time. As a matter of fact they made it known at one point that they had the exprerssed right to obsolete the N1 Video Encoder at any point. QUITE SIMPLY, I AM JUST TRYING TO DO IS CONFIRM WHETHER INDEED THEY HAVE EXERCISED THAT RIGHT. And if I wanted to post this on a DJI forum where they won't address these things directly, I would have done that. I think that is the final baseline point you put spin on that I will waste further bytes complaining about. Oh wait--one more.... My question was not about fixing broken hardware not requisite of your convoluted flowchart for turning a P3 into a time machine but thanks for that work of art. I'll blow that up in print and cover my wall with it so that I might be able to read it. You must be a frustrated organic chemist.

Again, I am talking about the DJI N1 Video Encoder being used with a DJI bird other than the Matrice, which it expressly states (now) it is meant to work with. For many years it also worked with the Inspire 1 and others to allow non DJI cameras. I am not using a Phantom 3. I have three N1 video encoders. I have plenty of triage and technical skills and build most of my own components myself. I cannot, however override that apparently DJI has chosen to disable the ability for the N1 video encoder to transmit video on non-Matrice platforms.

So, my simple question remains here. Has DJI disabled the ability for the N1 video encoder to allow transmission of non DJI video over the Inspire 1 lightbridge platform. None of us who have been pursuing this need to chase if our non DJI cameras will no longer work with Inspire 1's lightbridge and that no downgrade of Inspire 1 drone or remote control will get us back to transmitting non-DJI camera video again.

Thanks to all and best regards!

Reaction score
@TXHillCountryFPVer, you are right in that this forum is very friendly and supportive. I hope we'll both be able to keep that state in the posts we write.

This thread is on fixing Lightbridge in a specific case of DaVnci video processor bootloader de-programming. That's why I provided fixing chart. For speculating on DJI actions in regard to N1 Video Encoder, maybe a separate thread would help?

Reaction score
Hi guys, Lightbridge 1 Air Unit issue here
when trying to run according to steps on page #1 we get this.. (there is mentioned a line containing Target: CORRUPT - what can this mean??)

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------
  TI Serial Flasher Host Program for DM36x
  (C) 2009, Texas Instruments, Inc.
  Ver. 1.50
-----------------------------------------------------

Flashing NAND with ubl1_editedByGaucho.img and u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img.

Attempting to connect to device COM2...
Press any key to end this program at any time.

Waiting for the DM36x...
       Target:
       Target:
       Target:  BOOTME
BOOTME commmand received. Returning ACK and header...
ACK command sent. Waiting for BEGIN command...
       Target:   BEGIN
BEGIN commmand received. Sending CRC table...
100% [                                                              ]
                          CRC table sent....

Waiting for DONE...
       Target: CORRUPT

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...

Waiting for the DM36x...
When trying to run without bootpin it gives us this. Appears like the NAND is empty.. what can we try to do?

Code:
Target: DM36x initialization passed!
      Target: UBL Product Vesion : DJI-ABP-SUPER-UBL-1.0-rc0(2014-08-25)
      Target: Dji UBL Version: 1.51(Aug 26 2014 - 16:00:24)
      Target: Booting Catalog Boot Loader
      Target: BootMode = NAND
      Target: Starting NAND Copy...
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x00000019.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001B.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001D.
      Target: Valid magicnum, 0xA1ACED66, found in block 0x0000001F.
      Target: No valid boot image found!
      Target: NAND Boot failed.
      Target: Aborting...
THANKS IN ADVANCE
I have the EXACT same issue, 1 old unit and 1 new unit (4yrs old package still sealed) and both have the same error, I will let you know if and when I figure it out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cherry