lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

In my air unit, before the flash, there was only one firmware shown. After the flash there are 3. Yes, i have disactivated wifi....i will tray to downgrade ground unit firmware..maybe it can be the solution...
You have successfully flashed an LB1 Air Station. I had never success to do that. I had only success flashing the Ground Station. It would be wonderful if you can describe how you did that. Many people have this Problem to flash the Air Station.

just wanted to say that I successfully flashed the LB Ground Station using Windows 10 X64 notebook without any issue.

Mot sure if the LB Air unit needs to be flashed as well but thinking of just doing it for the hell of it, but first will need to find a way to test the video as I just have the standalone Lightbridge kit and not a Phantom so I'm going to try and connect a GoPro via HDMI directly to the LB Air and another HDMI cable from the LB Ground to a TV - hopefully that will work?

Last edited:
Hello, excuse my english. I am French.
I have a problem with tuto.
In TeraTerm, ok i have BootMe BootMe ....(Select speed, port com etc.....)
I close TeraTerm.
In cmd I tape sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM7" ubl1_editedByGaucho.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img and I have this message scrolling
"Waiting for the DM36x ...
Target: BOOTME
BOOTME commmand received. Returning ACK and header ..."

I do not understand.
Thanks for your help

Edit: i am a idiot... in the switch i have 5v no 3.3v so now it's ok. i can program.
But for verification , nothing...

Last edited:
url
My name is Jaidis, I am Brazilian. sorry for my english to use google translator and recover some wifi modules from phantom 2, now I would like to know how to recover the egg and the procedure
url

Hello everyone, my name is Mauro, sorry in advance for my english but I'm using a translator.

I have a phantom vision plus with the problem of the black screen and last night I spent 4 hours ... to try to solve it ...

Unfortunately I stopped on a kernel problem (if I can attach a photo), that is:
- I programmed via serial as read on the forum and on the guide and it all went well.
- when I removed the jumper for programming and tried to connect it to verify the firmware write some 'correct data and then stops with the writing "wrong image format for bootm command" - "unknow image".

I tried to reprogram several times and here I stop because I did not understand what I have to do to fix and flash the kernel ...

I ask for pleasure if someone can explain to me in a "simple" way what I can do to fix this problem ... I can put the good will!

Thanks a lot in advance and congratulations!
Mauro

Attachments

• wrong image format for bootm command.jpg
    wrong image format for bootm command.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 249
Hello everyone, my name is Mauro, sorry in advance for my english but I'm using a translator.

I have a phantom vision plus with the problem of the black screen and last night I spent 4 hours ... to try to solve it ...

Unfortunately I stopped on a kernel problem (if I can attach a photo), that is:
- I programmed via serial as read on the forum and on the guide and it all went well.
- when I removed the jumper for programming and tried to connect it to verify the firmware write some 'correct data and then stops with the writing "wrong image format for bootm command" - "unknow image".

I tried to reprogram several times and here I stop because I did not understand what I have to do to fix and flash the kernel ...

I ask for pleasure if someone can explain to me in a "simple" way what I can do to fix this problem ... I can put the good will!

Thanks a lot in advance and congratulations!
Mauro
voce e de qual pais?????

[QUOTE = "jaidis wangney, post: 1398211, membro: 115258"] voce e de qual pais ????? [/ QUOTE]
iItaly

Meanwhile, thank you very much for your reply.

What I have not yet understood is where to download the kernel (what should weigh about 4 Mb if I understand right)?

To program I imagine using the same procedure that I used in the guide (connection with serial usb converter and program writing sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COMxx" ......) right?

Sorry if I steal the time, but I miss this passage because I can not figure out what to do ...
I write here because I do not know what to do ...

thanks again for your any help

regards
Mauro

1. Get firmware update for the device you have; FW version should match one you have on your device
2. Extract the FW using this tool:
dji-firmware-tools - dji_xv4_fwcon
3. Figure out which module is for your DaVinci, read details about modules here:
dji-firmware-tools - Firmware modules
4. Extract the module into separate files, as described in the wiki for that module
5. One of extracted files should be kernel image, flash it as described here:
dji-firmware-tools wiki - Flashing kernel
6. If your recovery kernel is also damaged, and you don't have image of the original recovery kernel - flash the same kernel as recovery.
It is better to have two working kernels, even if the wiki says to keep them different.

schermata.png
forgive me if I'm hard to understand, I read and reread what you wrote to me but I have big doubts about certain steps ... forgive me ... I try to rewrite the points to see if it's ok

ps. just to say I have a phantom vision plus v2 (pv331)

1- I connect to the assistant DJI to check the fw I have (see photo I have attached) what code should I find?

2- I extract the fw ... here unfortunately I do not find much information ... I have to use lightbridge always connected to the serial board of the wifi, open the door and write that command? (I do not think so... )

3- I read the code that is on the wifi card to locate the firmware ...

4-extract the separated file

5-flash kernel firmware always on the serial port via serial usb adapter (with which command?)

6- hopefully do not happen :)

The more I read the points and the more I do not understand what I have to actually use to execute them ... the programs ... where I have to write those commands ...

I seemed to have a little 'experience planning arduino, pic, atmel, for passion, since I was a child (now having family I have just left out) but .... apparently I do not understand much that ....

I beg you, if you can, explain to me as if I were a young child because I can not find other alternatives other than throwing the drone ....

thank you so much

1- I connect to the assistant DJI to check the fw I have (see photo I have attached) what code should I find?

The screen shows you versions of modules, and you need to figure out version of the whole firmware package.

2- I extract the fw ... here unfortunately I do not find much information ... I have to use lightbridge always connected to the serial board of the wifi, open the door and write that command? (I do not think so... )

These are just Python scripts. They don't need any connection to AC. Search the web if you don't know how to run Python scripts.
The firmware package you download from DJI website, not from the AC.

Read here for an example of using these tools to fix a DM365 on different board.

I linked to specific chapters on some pages; if you feel confused, read them from the top.

Last edited:
hello, here I am, even last night until 2 am .... :)

an important question ... I read a guy who wrote that if the red led of the card that I'm programming WM301_DM368_V1 is turned on a little the card is not going, but if you turn it on well the card is ok ... mine comes on weak. ..
what I did not understand is that even if you turn on little is just because of the firmware or the card is to be thrown away (in this case I avoid wasting time ... and I resign)?

So I have little news and other questions, because as usual I do not understand ...

Ho installato python nel mio pc e ho letto come eseguire i comandi che hai scritto al punto 2 ...

I installed python in my pc and I read how to execute the commands you wrote in point 2 ... it remains a big problem ... the firmware for the phantom vision plus are not on the dji site ... wifi I have the writing WM301_DM368_V1 and not even in the table with all the firmware is present ...
the firmware for the vision plus is not on the dji site and is not even present in the table you sent me ... I have a wifi card written WM301_DM368_V1 and I can not find it ... I find instead the one you wrote DM365. .. can I use that? Does it look like a phantom 3?

Yesterday I read the whole forum that you have marked me but I still do not understand the steps ... The wifi card I have to connect it to the drone when I program it or can I program it isolated (how I'm doing)?

è stata la tua esperienza su una visione fantasma più o 3? Il metodo è sempre lo stesso?

Ultima cosa ... Deluso dalla situazione sempre ieri sera ho ricaricato il firmware della guida (sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM6" ubl1_editedByGaucho.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img), poi ho eseguito l'extraputty seguito da dji- firmware-tools wiki - Flashing kernel, e usando la funzione ymodem send ho inviato il file uImage sempre all'interno del Gaucho zip, ha completato tutto, non ho visto errori ma alla fine .... niente ... si è fermato sempre nel stesso punto ...

was your experience on a phantom vision plus or 3? Is the method always the same? Last thing... Disappointed from the situation always yesterday evening I reloaded the firmware of the guide (sfh_DM36x.exe -nandflash -v -p "COM6" ubl1_editedByGaucho.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img), then I ran extraputty followed by dji-firmware-tools wiki - Flashing kernel, and using the function ymodem send I sent the file uImage always inside the Gaucho zip, it completed everything, I did not see errors but in the end .... nothing ... always stopped in the same point ... help help

Olá Gaúcho!
Doações por retomar este post antigo. Imagem de conteúdo: <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> driver do sistema. Eu tenho seguido o seu tutorial de até agora, mas não tenho sucesso. Aparentemente existe um problema com o software, pois é preciso conectar o FTDI ao cartão, o tx eo rx permanecem acesos com uma tendência de aquecer o 232. Vou postar algumas imagens para verificar se o meu procedimento está correto. Desde já, obrigado. Clique para ver a resistência de 2 Ohms entre TX e RX, 2,5 Ohms entre TX e GND ou RX e GND, e aproximadamente 8,

Attachments

• Print Flashing nand.jpg
    Print Flashing nand.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 20181107_021254.jpg
    20181107_021254.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 441
  • 20181107_021313.jpg
    20181107_021313.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 473
  • 20181107_022107.jpg
    20181107_022107.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 435
Olá Gaúcho!
Doações por retomar este post antigo. Imagem de conteúdo: <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> driver do sistema. Eu tenho seguido o seu tutorial de até agora, mas não tenho sucesso. Aparentemente existe um problema com o software, pois é preciso conectar o FTDI ao cartão, o tx eo rx permanecem acesos com uma tendência de aquecer o 232. Vou postar algumas imagens para verificar se o meu procedimento está correto. Desde já, obrigado. Clique para ver a resistência de 2 Ohms entre TX e RX, 2,5 Ohms entre TX e GND ou RX e GND, e aproximadamente 8,

Hello Gaucho Sorry to retake this old post. I have a defective LB unit, presenting exactly the problem described above, where I only get the software version of the air system main controller in the wizard. I've been following your repair tutorial so far, but I'm not successful. Apparently there is a problem with haedware, because I noticed that when connecting the FTDI to the board, tx and rx remain lit with a tendency to heat the 232. I will post some images to check if my procedure is correct. Thanks in advance. I noticed that there is a 2 Ohms resistor between TX and RX, 2.5 Ohms between TX and GND or RX and GND, and approximately 8.0 Ohms between + 3V3 and GND.

[QUOTE = "rako92, post: 1404107, member: 116161"] Oi Carpe, de que drone é esse LB? Eu não reconheço isso. [/ QUOTE]

Oi rako92!
Detalhes
DetalhesThis is an external lightbridge, more specifically the air unit, discussed at length at the very beginning of this forum.

Thank You.
But What I got is different.
Always show target corupt.

Code:
BOOTME commmand received. Returning ACK and header...
ACK command sent. Waiting for BEGIN command...
        Target:   BEGIN

BEGIN commmand received. Sending CRC table...
100% [                                                              ]
                           CRC table sent....

Waiting for DONE...
Target: CORRUPT

@danielh,
Did you ever get this to work? I'm having exactly the same problem, with target: CORRUPT.

Olá Gaúcho!

I have not been able to evouir yet. I am formatting an old machine to try to blink with XP SP3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4