Learning to fly a Drone using SYMA x5c-1, extra batteries

Reaction score
Just started learning to fly a drone. Flying a Syma x5c-1. Want to buy extra batteries with charger.
Looking for recommendations on battery and charger setups. Was looking on Amazon at reviews on different
make batteries and charger setups that include 4 or 5 batteries. Seen alot of mixed reviews.
Very hit and miss. Maybe a member here that has a Syma quadcopter can make some recommendations. Thanks.
Hopefully, in the future move up to a DJI.

Thanks for the reply. Did you use this particular battery/charger set? How much flight time did you get? How is the quality of the charger?

Good for you starting off like this and i did too on a DISCOVERY U818A-1 quad... and that near $50.00 Quad was a blast to learn on and fly....i got 6 minutes on a battery and i bought 8 "Tenergys" off Amazon for near 15 bucks and also got a multi port charger..sometimes i flew ever battery i had and i know like you are....A Dji drone was sure in my future !...And i know own a Dji P-3 SE..and i love it....it was very easy to swap over to a " fly on its own " quad from a Toy " Fly all the time " quad.....I've had great luck with the *Tenergy batteries* and i will recommend them for you too..The best of Luck to you .

https://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-700m...rd_wg=3vfyq&psc=1&refRID=774Y3TEKH071RQ59YC13

How much flight time did you get? How is the quality of the charger?
You are not going to get much flight time with these, or any for the Syma for that matter. Possibly 8 min at best. You won't get any better than that with these small batteries. The charger is iffy, but does the job.

Just started learning to fly a drone. Flying a Syma x5c-1. Want to buy extra batteries with charger.
Looking for recommendations on battery and charger setups. Was looking on Amazon at reviews on different
make batteries and charger setups that include 4 or 5 batteries. Seen alot of mixed reviews.
Very hit and miss. Maybe a member here that has a Syma quadcopter can make some recommendations. Thanks.
Hopefully, in the future move up to a DJI.

Problem is, to get more time from the battery requires either a bigger battery or multiples. If you in LiPos bigger=heavier. With a small Drone like the Syma x5 series, a little weight changes flight characteristics a lot.
I have the X5CHW-1 and the X8C.
I think the X8C is easier to fly, and batteries last up to 15 minutes.

Welcome. Good to hear from a fellow Syma pilot. I actually started flying with a Syma X5SW. I flew it for a full season before I bought my Phantom 3. The Syma was a fun, little, beginner drone, virtually indestructible even after a few bazillion crashes, although range, flight time, and interference are some real issues. A larger battery is what you want. My X5SW came with 3.7v 500ma battery that gave me 7-10 minutes of flight time. I upgraded to a 1200ma battery, the largest battery I could comfortably fit into the battery bay. Doing that gave me 20-25 minutes of flight time (your mileage may vary) and made flying a lot more enjoyable. I bought five of the 1200ma batteries on eBay for roughly $15 US, and that also included a multiple battery connector that plugged into the stock USB charger. I didn't experience any flight control issues due to the small amount of added battery weight. FYI, those 3.7v batteries don't have a very long lifespan with repeated charging, but they're cheap enough to replace if you continue with the Syma for any length of time. Just make sure the voltage and the connector on the ones you buy are the same as the stock battery. Two other tips that I'd suggest is to turn on airplane mode, then connect to the Syma if you're getting a lot of 2.4 ghz interference. Doing that in urban areas really helped reduce the number of crashes for me due to Wi-Fi interference. My second tip is to upgrade to a Phantom, even if it's a Phantom 3 model. The amount of satisfaction and enjoyment that you'll have with a Phantom is well worth the price of admission. Good luck.

Hi! I started with Syma X5C, too, and fly it occasionally, mostly indoors when the weather or other circumstances forbid to go out with my P3A. It is a very good training (Phantom, unless in ATTI, ir by far more easy to fly because of the authomatic holding od place and heigth).
I have 7 batteries (bougth a 5 batt pack and multicharger from RCMaster, two came with bird).
Basically, in outdoors, the battery is a concern - on my X5C, I have close to no time for returning/landing, when battery comes low. Luckilly, Syma is a featherlight bird, and even by falling like a stone from sky, it will not injure seriously anyone and not breaks, too. Because of the lightness, wind is by far more of a concern than on Phantom.
Yes, and the motors doesn’nt lasting long - I’ve changed some 3 of them (they are cheap and easy to replace)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel