How do I transfer a drone from someone to me?

Reaction score
I’m a lucky guy today. Bought me a P4Pv2 in perfect condition with 6 batteries, hard case, rapid charger and more for $1500 with 8 months left on DJI Care Refresh.

Question 1: how do I transfer the drone to my name at DJI?

Question 2: how do I transfer the DJI Care Refresh to my name at DJI?

I think the answer to #1 is to just load up Go on my existing drones iPad and it’ll add the new one to my logged in account.

Please advise ASAP as I’d love to test fly right away but want to be certain I do things right. This is my first used drone purchase so being careful.

Thank you in advance
IMG_8187.jpg

Reactions: MTO
Question 1: how do I transfer the drone to my name at DJI?
That's not possible. Just log into DJI GO and fly.

Question 2: how do I transfer the DJI Care Refresh to my name at DJI?
The DJI Care Refresh policy is attached to the aircraft serial number. As long as you have a copy of the original sales receipt (showing it was purchased), you shouldn't have any issues using it.

That's not possible. Just log into DJI GO and fly.

The DJI Care Refresh policy is attached to the aircraft serial number. As long as you have a copy of the original sales receipt (showing it was purchased), you shouldn't have any issues using it.

Wait, so, no way to let DJI know this is mine now and not previously registered user? Won’t that cause potential issues going forward proving ownership.
I did not get the original receipt, paid cash in person.

No.

No.

That could be problematic. Try to get a copy of the original sales receipt.

Problematic relating to the dji care but not to owning or flying the drone. Just connect per usual and off I go?

What about a receipt of sale to me - I mean, proof it was purchased is it’s very existence and the serial numbers of the aircraft, right?

Problematic relating to the dji care but not to owning or flying the drone
DJI Care might be just fine. However, I don't know that DJI will honor their warranty (if the Phantom is less than a year old) without a sales receipt.

What about a receipt of sale to me - I mean, proof it was purchased is it’s very existence and the serial numbers of the aircraft, right?
I don't think DJI cares when you purchased it. They only need to know when the DJI warranty expires (one year after the original purchase) and when the DJI Care Refresh policy expires (they should have a record on their end).

The dji rep I talked to concerning this very topic said exactly that, concerning warranty and care refresh. As long as the aircraft is still under warranty/care refresh, and is registered, they don't care who's name is on it. They didn't even seem concerned about original sales receipt. I told her I purchased mine from an individual, and only had a PayPal receipt showing I paid him and she said it was fine. So..... Why ain't it in the air, already????

Reactions: MTO
I flew it - it’s great!
(When I first turned it on screw was all screwy and compass errors and what a sound from the gimbal. Turned off and back on and — glorious ;)

Thank you everyone. I’m working on that receipt!

Hey! One thing ya might wanna do is recalibrate the IMU. May help with the screwy. Mine came from Oregon. I think it thought it was lost first time I tried to fly it in these little hills of the Ozarks. Did an IMU calibrate and it has been flawless since. Did it help? Dunno. Made me feel better though...

Hey! One thing ya might wanna do is recalibrate the IMU. May help with the screwy. Mine came from Oregon. I think it thought it was lost first time I tried to fly it in these little hills of the Ozarks. Did an IMU calibrate and it has been flawless since. Did it help? Dunno. Made me feel better though...

I did both compass and IMU. It was a local purchase and coincidently he flew it in one of my fav spots ;)

So far so good. Excited to see if range really is that much better - and how goggles work (flying in bright sunlight against an iPad screen is a *****)

My last purchase was the P4pro, coming from P3s. Unbelievable is the word. Difference is amazing. Dang collision avoidance is a chore to get used to, but it has its place. I have no desire to try goggles... Makes me wanna Ralph! Get some good video and post it when you can.

Reactions: MTO and Capt KO
The dji rep I talked to concerning this very topic said exactly that, concerning warranty and care refresh. As long as the aircraft is still under warranty/care refresh, and is registered, they don't care who's name is on it. They didn't even seem concerned about original sales receipt. I told her I purchased mine from an individual, and only had a PayPal receipt showing I paid him and she said it was fine. So..... Why ain't it in the air, already????
Shoot speakum big truth.

Reactions: MTO and Capt KO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31