latest P3 firmware update

Reaction score
I am in the process of updating my P3 firmware 1.1.9 Does anyone know if it is necessary to do a firmware update on the controller as well?

My 1.1.9 upgrade succeeded on aircraft, but failed on controller. There're log file that describe so. The *_AB.txt file says failed because it's older or the same version.
Is it possible that my set shipped with 1.1.8 aircraft and 1.1.9 controller? (shipped around May 20th)

Also, upgrade fail (ignore) then the controller returns to normal operation in a moment - I couldn't recognize the lamp changed to solid blue even in a moment, wait few minutes... confusing.

My 1.1.9 upgrade succeeded on aircraft, but failed on controller. There're log file that describe so. The *_AB.txt file says failed because it's older or the same version.
Is it possible that my set shipped with 1.1.8 aircraft and 1.1.9 controller? (shipped around May 20th)

Also, upgrade fail (ignore) then the controller returns to normal operation in a moment - I couldn't recognize the lamp changed to solid blue even in a moment, wait few minutes... confusing.
If you check the release notes for 1.1.9, you will notice it states the controller does not require the 1.1.9 firmware.

If you check the release notes for 1.1.9, you will notice it states the controller does not require the 1.1.9 firmware.
OK, thanks... I missed it.
And my only complaint is, I couldn't tell if update failed or not yet started - differs from aircraft or battery update, RC usually don't have to contain SD when flying, so it's strange to go into normal operation after failure ("no need to update")...

update: I've read many many complaints on the net about RC update on 1.1.9. The reason is, as I missed, release note (this version specific) is distributed in separate, and "how to update" PDF (generic) is included in firmware .zip file. Hope aircraft/battery/controller update files be separated...

Last edited:
I am in the process of updating my P3 firmware 1.1.9 Does anyone know if it is necessary to do a firmware update on the controller as well?

No
If you lose connection, between the controller and the Phantom, you will need to re-link

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers