Latest firmware

Reaction score
Until recently, I was of the firm opinion that most of the people complaining about the latest firmware update, (I cannot call it an upgrade because it is not.) were probably not doing the update correctly.

My opinion has changed. My perfectly working Phantom 4 pro no longer works, it is a brick, a door stop, a very expensive paperweight.

DJI appear to have initiated something which is either sinister, downright incompetent or a deception which they are not prepared to admit.

The very fact that they have disabled roll back on the firmware is very telling.

They are saying to their customers you will do what we want regardless of the consequences.

DJI should immediately allow a roll back of the firmware to a point where all owners are satisfied that their drones are working to a level where the customer has a perfectly working drone.

If DJI insist in keeping control of drones which are no longer their property then they should be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.

I find their actions disgusting.

John.

dude - there’s no way you don’t know why this is happening. and it’s not criminal. it’s responsible.

dude - there’s no way you don’t know why this is happening. and it’s not criminal. it’s responsible.

Ah ha! A not understandable, grammatically incorrect response. What are you trying to say exactly?

You certainly appear to not be trying to offer a solution.

Ah well.

Regards, John.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
latest on both. well, unless they came out with something new today. haven’t powered it on today.

i’m at a Mexican restaurant eating dinner in Denver on a mini vacation. it’s in my hotel room. i’ll post when I get back to my room.

Until recently, I was of the firm opinion that most of the people complaining about the latest firmware update, (I cannot call it an upgrade because it is not.) were probably not doing the update correctly.

My opinion has changed. My perfectly working Phantom 4 pro no longer works, it is a brick, a door stop, a very expensive paperweight.

DJI appear to have initiated something which is either sinister, downright incompetent or a deception which they are not prepared to admit.

The very fact that they have disabled roll back on the firmware is very telling.

They are saying to their customers you will do what we want regardless of the consequences.

DJI should immediately allow a roll back of the firmware to a point where all owners are satisfied that their drones are working to a level where the customer has a perfectly working drone.

If DJI insist in keeping control of drones which are no longer their property then they should be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.

John.
John, did you update using DJI Assistant 2 on your PC? If not, you may want to try that. Did you update the RC first?

This time around, DJI said to upgrade the RC first, where in the past the routine has always been update the craft first. It's strange that they changed this routine, however I have a friend that stuck to the old routine with the new 1.4 craft firmware and it worked fine for him, updating the craft first through the Go app, then the RC.

What is the latest firmware version available?
I suggest you bookmark this link.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

This is where you go to learn about current firmware downloads.

As of July 11

upload_2017-7-11_17-8-50.png

"Latest" isn't very specific. How about your version numbers? This matters.
John,
I have never had any problems flying and I really enjoyed it. It all worked like a dream and I as quite amazed that so many people seemed to be having problems with their drones, especially with the latest firmware.
Then it happened. I had loaded the latest firmware about a month ago but had not tried to fly until yesterday. I thought that I had used the correct procedure to connect, connecting through DJI GO4 initially. I use Litchi because of teir superb waypoint mission program. Litchi will not now upload missions, even missions that I have flown before the new firmware.
If there was a chance to roll back the firmware to the one that I know worked I would be happy but for some reason, DJI, in their infinite knowledge, have disabled the roll back feature.
I do not appear to be the only person affected by this denial.

Regards, John.

John, did you update using DJI Assistant 2 on your PC? If not, you may want to try that. Did you update the RC first?

This time around, DJI said to upgrade the RC first, where in the past the routine has always been update the craft first. It's strange that they changed this routine, however I have a friend that stuck to the old routine with the new 1.4 craft firmware and it worked fine for him, updating the craft first through the Go app, then the RC.
The DJI assist no longer has the facility to roll back. On connection, there is only the option to reset to factory default, trying that does nothing.

Regards, John.

The DJI assist no longer has the facility to roll back. On connection, there is only the option to reset to factory default, trying that does nothing.

Regards, John.
Yes, I realize that, but you have a brick right now. You're forced to fly with the latest firmware, like it or not, assuming you can get the firmware loaded. Not everyone is having issues with the new firmware, but many are. Have you tried loading the latest CRAFT firmware via Digital Assistant 2? Did you change the RC firmware yet, or do you have you're old RC firmware?

I really appreciate the helpful comments.
I thought that the Phantom 4 pro had only one questionable firmwre update, the latest one about a monthe ago. Surely there are people who have read of the problems that people are havingg wih this firmware update.
Mt greatest problem is, why have DJI stopped their customers from rolling back the firmwre? The latest firmware is apparantly causing multiple diverse problems and yet DJI will not let allow customers to roll back their firmware to a point where they can fly. I find that astounding.
Anyway, I am UK and it is very late, the grouse have stopped fling and I am off to bed.
Thany you all, including you.
mañana
Regards, John.

John.
I flew after the latest FW update and then a few days later I tried to fly at several locations I previously flew at and wasn't allowed to take off I then went back home logged in to the NFZ 24 hr pass webpage which it stated I didn't need one for that area so I went out the next morning and was permitted to take-off at a couple locations I was denied at the night before. Something really screwy's going on with DJI with the lack of info they give there customers and their go figure it out for yourself attitude.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
I flew after the latest FW update and then a few days later I tried to fly at several locations I previously flew at and wasn't allowed to take off I then went back home logged in to the NFZ 24 hr pass webpage which it stated I didn't need one for that area so I went out the next morning and was permitted to take-off at a couple locations I was denied at the night before. Something really screwy's going on with DJI with the lack of info they give there customers and their go figure it out for yourself attitude.
Yes,
I find it very difficult to believe that DJI are preventing owners from rolling back when they have difficulties.
It would appear that there are many Phanntoms out there with differing hardware which causes problems for a new firmware. not all phantoms utilise the firmware in the same way.
It is indicated that DJI are aware of this huge problem and preventing the roll back will be a massive consideration in future sale.

Obviously – John hasn’t read the news lately. People are hacking the DJI firmware and specifically using older versions of the firmware to do it. DJI has proactively decided to prevent people from downloading or rolling back to older versions of their firmware in a vain attempt to stem the widespread proliferation of the hack.

there are many sites where you can still get the older firmware but eventually DJI will make it so that no one can use any older firmware and your bird will be grounded until you upgrade to the latest version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik