Latest firmware

aba4a5b82f6d831961d8204320cbabca.jpg

283dc7227900deb753dd3d8a7c54cadf.jpg

boom.

Obviously – John hasn’t read the news lately. People are hacking the DJI firmware and specifically using older versions of the firmware to do it. DJI has proactively decided to prevent people from downloading or rolling back to older versions of their firmware in a vain attempt to stem the widespread proliferation of the hack.

there are many sites where you can still get the older firmware but eventually DJI will make it so that no one can use any older firmware and your bird will be grounded until you upgrade to the latest version.
Yes, that's correct. DJI is scrambling to plug holes in their software to prevent hacking, and it appears were paying the price now, waiting for reasonable P4P firmware to be released. What's strange is some are having massive problems and others aren't. Hard to explain.

craft is flying OK. I don’t fly 3 miles away because that’s totally irresponsible.
Yeah I know, isn't it great DJI makes Lightbridge support 4.3 miles as stated in their spec?

Where and how you fly determines responsibility. Flying by the FAA guidelines is conformity. Conform if you like, but in 3 years flying BVLOS will be common and acceptable, assuming you're responsible. Amazon will be delivering BVLOS too.

So I assume you don't fly more than 2000' away, staying within VLOS. You wouldn't know if you had a range issue or not it appears. You'd always be happy with less than half mile, 1/10 of the advertised capability. Many of us aren't content with 2000'.

Last edited:
I have a p4p and I'm new to the sport ( which I love so far). I'm older guy starting , to have a little issue with memory and not a tech kinda of guy. And tell you the truth I'm scared to even try the new fw. I'll wait until I hear that others are not having problems. I hope sooner rather then later everyone will be flying safely,and can once again enjoy our sport.

I have a p4p and I'm new to the sport ( which I love so far). I'm older guy starting , to have a little issue with memory and not a tech kinda of guy. And tell you the truth I'm scared to even try the new fw. I'll wait until I hear that others are not having problems. I hope sooner rather then later everyone will be flying safely,and can once again enjoy our sport.
You've made a wise choice. Never upgrade unless:
1. You have a compelling reason to upgrade
2. The firmware has been vetted by others in this forum as solid.
3. You don't absolutely need to fly your drone in the next couple of months, providing adequate time to send the craft in to DJI for warranty repair, since we can't revert back to the previous firmware anymore.

Reactions: Calsun and billup
Obviously – John hasn’t read the news lately. People are hacking the DJI firmware and specifically using older versions of the firmware to do it. DJI has proactively decided to prevent people from downloading or rolling back to older versions of their firmware in a vain attempt to stem the widespread proliferation of the hack.

there are many sites where you can still get the older firmware but eventually DJI will make it so that no one can use any older firmware and your bird will be grounded until you upgrade to the latest version.

Well, after a long day of youtubing and googling, been at it for about 6 hours.
Must have done at least 6 or seven downloads of firmware but it does appear to be working with both DJI GO4 and Litchi.

App 4.1.33
Ver V01.04.0602
Remote controller 01.04.01.00
Aircraft Database 01.00.01.04
App database 01.00.01.04

You have all been superbly helpful, and yes, even you.

Regards to all, John.

Well, after a long day of youtubing and googling, been at it for about 6 hours.
Must have done at least 6 or seven downloads of firmware but it does appear to be working with both DJI GO4 and Litchi.

App 4.1.33
Ver V01.04.0602
Remote controller 01.04.01.00
Aircraft Database 01.00.01.04
App database 01.00.01.04

You have all been superbly helpful, and yes, even you.

Regards to all, John.
Hey, that's great news. With all of your work to find the right combination, can you describe the firmware update process that worked for you? Have you had time to test fly? Everything OK?

Hey, that's great news. With all of your work to find the right combination, can you describe the firmware update process that worked for you? Have you had time to test fly? Everything OK?
I tried so many different ways and I must have hit the right combination by acciden.
Both the remote and the drone needed updating and I must have tried thishalf a dozen times. It doen't help having to keep checking that the usb conection is in RNDIS and not MTP.
I haven't flown yet but the connection in both DJI and Litchi is solid so I am pretty sure that all is ok, will fly tomorrow.
Thank you for your help, John.
Regards, John.

It doen't help having to keep checking that the usb conection is in RNDIS and not MTP
Hmm, I've never heard of this RNDIS and MTP issue before. Did you get this tip from one of the YouTubes you watched? Can you share that YouTube link?
It's important that RC updates be done with the craft OFF, and the craft updates done with the RC off. There are several ways to do things, and I'm finding the variety of methods are suspect in my mind, as to why some are successful and others are not.

Last edited:
Hmm, I've never heard of this RNDIS and MTP issue before. Did you get this tip from one of the YouTubes you watched? Can you share that YouTube link?
It's important that RC updates be done with the craft OFF, and the craft updates done with the RC off. There are several ways to do things, and I'm finding the variety of methods are suspect in my mind, as to why some are successful and others are not.
I think that it is an android/DJI thing.
Can't connect

Regards, John.

I'm fairly new to this hobby and don't fly my drone daily (more like once or twice a week) my question is
Do I have to update my firmware?
I don' know what version I'm on the last time I updated the firmware was late May early June? I did notice that the last time I flew it that it said I did need to update the firmware but can I can continue to operate safely with the version I currently have?

I'm fairly new to this hobby and don't fly my drone daily (more like once or twice a week) my question is
I don' know what version I'm on the last time I updated the firmware was late May early June? I did notice that the last time I flew it that it said I did need to update the firmware but can I can continue to operate safely with the version I currently have?
There's a really good chance the next time you turn it on you'll be FORCED to upgrade regardless if you'd like to or not

I think that it is an android/DJI thing.
Can't connect

Regards, John.
Ah, I use iPad to fly DJI, so that's why I hadn't heard that. I do recall the USB had to have debugging enabled back when I tried to use Android a couple years ago. I gave up with Android to fly DJI after my wife's iPad just worked, and worked well. I prefer Android for my phone, as I'm not an IOS fan for phone purposes. Long story.

Have a look at this.
It may give you an insight to DJI thinking.
It certainly made me think about things.

Regards, John.

I just got my DJI P4A today and after a full battery / controller charge I dug in and performed the firmware upgrade.............via DJI Go 4 app. First thing I did was upgrade the remote controller (after activation) by connecting my iPad via USB cable. I was prompted inside of the app to upgrade my remote. The firmware downloaded and updated in about 10 minutes with no issues. I rebooted the remote and it came back clean. I then unhooked the USB from the remote (leaving it on) and hooked into the micro USB on the A/C. The DJI Go 4 app immediately informed me that I needed to update the A/C firmware. I clicked on download and it ran the download / upgrade within about 10 minutes. I rebooted the A/C and the update notice didn't show back up. After turning everything off (A/C, Controller, and Go4 app), I plugged the iPad back into the controller, turned it on and the A/C on. They connected seamlessly. I went into the Go 4 app and verified that current versions of the firmware. All functions in the app are working fine. The only thing I didn't do was put her in the air, which I will do first thing tomorrow. Ground checks seem all green so we will see tomorrow. Good luck pilots!!!

Until recently, I was of the firm opinion that most of the people complaining about the latest firmware update, (I cannot call it an upgrade because it is not.) were probably not doing the update correctly.

My opinion has changed. My perfectly working Phantom 4 pro no longer works, it is a brick, a door stop, a very expensive paperweight.

DJI appear to have initiated something which is either sinister, downright incompetent or a deception which they are not prepared to admit.

The very fact that they have disabled roll back on the firmware is very telling.

They are saying to their customers you will do what we want regardless of the consequences.

DJI should immediately allow a roll back of the firmware to a point where all owners are satisfied that their drones are working to a level where the customer has a perfectly working drone.

If DJI insist in keeping control of drones which are no longer their property then they should be prosecuted to the greatest extent of the law.

I find their actions disgusting.

John.
I tried to download the update for my Phantom 4 Pro +. The DJI site said I needed V 1.2.0.0 for my controller. Downloaded it using Micro SD as per site description. When controller tried to connect with aircraft it says I need to upload V 01.04.0602. I try to and the controlled up load is grayed out and won't upload. I can't find the upload for V 01.04.0602 anywhere. I have BRICK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3