Keeping Steady Long Exposures

Reaction score
I have recently been trying to do some long exposure shots and panoramas both during the day and at night. I seem to be having trouble though because my PH3 doesn't stay 100% steady while taking these slow shots. Some photos come out well but others are blurry. Most of the blurry photos I get are when I'm shooting panoramas using the litchi app.

I imagine that keeping the drone perfectly still for the long exposures is probably not possible, but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers that they could share with me and the others out there looking to capture some awesome shots.

Much appreciated!

I haven't shot any night images from my drone, but have done a TON of long exposures / timelapse with my cameras. Essentually get as high as an ISO that is acceptable so you can get as fast of shutter as practical.

Start by telling us your camera settings. Shutter speed, ISO, etc.

Both in the litchi and DJI app I'm using a 2.5 second shutter speed and 100 ISO. I've talked to my friend that is a semi-professional photographer, and he said for night shots and long I should use those settings. I shoot in raw with the 4:3 ratio. Sometimes I do the HDR but I can't tell the difference. I'm also not able to change the aperture while in manual mode.

Pick a really still night, no wind will help. Your mate is correct with the settings, ive done 5 seconds at night no problem.

Yeah , I've been having issues with my compass lately, and I am trying to do this in my neighborhood with a lot of WiFi around so I do get some weak signals and interference. I can usually get one or two good shots but have to take a dozen to find a good one. I'm thinking that's pretty normal though for finding a good picture. Most of the time however, I have 9 or more satellites on me at any given time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20