Video Feed and camera controls lock during long exposure photos

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the latest firmware update or coincidence or some other gremlin that only I experience; but I recently noticed that my video feed locks up completely when in still camera mode shooting long exposure at 5 second intervals in manual mode. I first noticed this in Litchi, and found that I could get the camera feed back by selecting full auto, and toggling back to video and then still shots again. The video feed would freeze within a few seconds of selecting a long exposure over a second long if I was in manual mode when starting Litchi. If I was in auto exposure mode when starting Litchi, then I could switch to manual just fine without any video feed issues.

However, when using the Go 4 App, in manual mode; as soon as I hit the shutter button, the video feed on my iPad Air 2 freezes permanently, and I have no access to the camera controls nor can I stop the interval photo taking process. I just flew for 27 minutes with a frozen video feed. All the pictures were taken during that 27 minutes in 5 second intervals; however I didn't see a live feed after first starting the sequence. I know that during the time the shutter is open, you don't get a live feed; but this was frozen at the first frame, and I couldn't stop the camera or switch modes to video.

I don't have any issues at all when shooting video.

Anyone have any ideas?

***EDIT*** I tried isolating the issue, and discovered that this only happens when the still camera aspect ratio is set to 3:2. When I use my iPhone 6S+ (vs iPad Air 2); I can't get the video feed to unfreeze by toggling to video. As soon as still camera is selected or aspect ratio is changed to 3:2; the feed freezes.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik