Just brought a phantom 3 advanced broken

Reaction score
Just brought a phantom 3 advanced which had crashed. The gimbal had been broken but drone looks fine.
So got a new ribbon for camera but when I turn it on all I get is a beep beep beep no lights on the arms come on. Ive checked the guts all looks fine any ideas. I ve seen you can leave the gimbal off as long you leave the plate on which ive done and still no luck.on dji app says gps ready and sees it connected but all I get is the beep beep beep constantly dosent stop at all. No lights except on the gimbal base plate is a red led.

I'm not an expert....But after reading your post the first thing that came to mind is....Firmware. If I mess up an update or turn a drone off before it's completed I get BEEP BEEP BEEP sounds like a smoke detector going off or something.
Maybe, start there if you haven't already.

Hopefully, an expert will chime in and have better suggestions.

I'm not an expert....But after reading your post the first thing that came to mind is....Firmware. If I mess up an update or turn a drone off before it's completed I get BEEP BEEP BEEP sounds like a smoke detector going off or something.
Maybe, start there if you haven't already.

Hopefully, an expert will chime in and have better suggestions.
Cheers for your reply and help.
I've put it up for sale on Facebook been told by a person on there it's only worth £80 and it's the main board that's gone. So am going to break it and sell parts etc.

Cheers for your reply and help.
I've put it up for sale on Facebook been told by a person on there it's only worth £80 and it's the main board that's gone. So am going to break it and sell parts etc.

Put it on Ebay if you're going to sell. You can get a lot more than that out of it!!!! With remote, battery, camera(even if it does have an issue) and drone? Easy $250 for a super fast sale. If you want to wait a little you could push a lot more.$350 plus.....Unless everything is beat up really bad.

Don't give up that quick!!

going on car boot sale tomorrow see what I get. The drone looks in very good condition props etc are great remote battery etc all like new only been flown for 1 hour before the old man let hit the floor hard from about 5ft so broke gimbal which has been replaced and camera looks fine its 2.7k so yeah it was a gamble and just wondering how much to put it up at.

Just to give you a quick lowball number....In person sale you wouldn't have Ebay fees so I'll figure lower....Compared to what I've been seeing them go for and what I've bought them for. Remote easy $80 , Drone without camera(saying it has an issue) Easy, $75 for parts. Gimbal? Even if non working, still has a lot of good parts I've seen those all over the place in price, $100 easy......Plus anything else you have with it charger $15 to 20, battery,$40 plus . Those are low firesale numbers. Just to give you some idea. I haven't been in this all that long, but that's what I'm looking at when I look for projects, and of course I try to find them for way less... It will depend on your area too...I ebay. So, it may be way different. But at least it gives you a starting point. Look on there at some of the prices..

Reactions: Paul 69
Just to give you a quick lowball number....In person sale you wouldn't have Ebay fees so I'll figure lower....Compared to what I've been seeing them go for and what I've bought them for. Remote easy $80 , Drone without camera(saying it has an issue) Easy, $75 for parts. Gimbal? Even if non working, still has a lot of good parts I've seen those all over the place in price, $100 easy......Plus anything else you have with it charger $15 to 20, battery,$40 plus . Those are low firesale numbers. Just to give you some idea. I haven't been in this all that long, but that's what I'm looking at when I look for projects, and of course I try to find them for way less... It will depend on your area too...I ebay. So, it may be way different. But at least it gives you a starting point. Look on there at some of the prices..
many thanks for your help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic