Jobs to do on my P2V

Reaction score
I have now about 20 flights on my P2V and have noticed that my video is starting to Jello a lot now, so after inspecting my bird I have found that on one of the arms where the motor connects to has started to crack up, two of the motor mounting screws have lost most of the plastic support around the holes.
I can move the motor slightly by hand in its mount.
I bought this bird second hand for a good price including a hard case and many spares, so now its time to do some upgrades on it.
I have already done the slow yaw mod and the RE700 and RC upgrade. Next on my list is the following.

New shell ordered and will replace.
New upgraded Gps module to replace.
DBS Antenna Mod to fit.
Rota Pixel Gimbal to fit.

Should be enough to keep me quiet for a few hours...
Have read loads of posts on here over the last month or so, so it should all go ok. I spent 33 years working on fast Jets so these little birds should be straight forward I hope lol.

Flack

Looks like your going to be a very busy bee:)

The only thing I have upgraded on mine was the RPG. You will love it;) makes sooooo much differents to the video & the picture is so smooth on the screen instead of it being all jerky;)

Let us all know how you get on with your mods;)

Well believe it or not I have justfound the time to do all the mods I mentioned above, Clampit you was right the video is much easier to watch being so much smoother, a few test flights and all is well.
Just trying the litchi App on my P2v, Can you use POi's on a P2V?.

Flack

Nice one Flack,

Told ya you would benefit on the picture quality using the RPG;) soooooo much better.

Not to sure about poi on the P2V, ain't flown mine for ages:eek::(:(:( but I'm sure someone will pipe in & give you your answer.

Just trying the litchi App on my P2v, Can you use POi's on a P2V?.

Flack

Yes you can, even better you can use the litchi mission hub on your web browser to plan the route you want to fly, then it synchs with your phone/tablet so you can fly the mission. Remember to choose P2V in the settings on the hub, lastly the P2V only does forward flight and record and won't do anything such as change heading or actions as Poi's

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl