ITElite DBS Mod Not easy!!

The ribbon cable is easy to remove and reinstall if you take the card out first. And looking the latex is a no brainer! Cumbersome, loss of feeling, and sticky for no reason.

I feel like I'm watching a super agent spy for some reason in that video!

Reactions: Jbundy63
Dark room, gloves, something very secret going on:D

A couple guys were asking about backpacks that hold a modified controller. I found this waterproof backpack on ebay for 55 dollars . I love it. It's completely customizable to carry all your gear and accessories however you want to set it up.
20150919_170216.jpg
20150919_170145.jpg

Attachments

• 20150919_170118.jpg
    20150919_170118.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: brianb87
A couple guys were asking about backpacks that hold a modified controller. I found this waterproof backpack on ebay for 55 dollars . I love it. It's completely customizable to carry all your gear and accessories however you want to set it up.View attachment 31427View attachment 31428

I have a hard case which I don't like. Thinking about buying a backpack. Just not sure if I want to go this route or buy a better one. Now that I have the DBS mod thinking of getting something that will fit.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I have a hard case which I don't like. Thinking about buying a backpack. Just not sure if I want to go this route or buy a better one. Now that I have the DBS mod thinking of getting something that will fit.
I was really surprised by the quality of this backpack . it is much better than I expected to be. For 55 bucks including shipping , can't beat it. Its served me very nice!

I was really surprised by the quality of this backpack . it is much better than I expected to be. For 55 bucks including shipping , can't beat it. Its served me very nice!

I might just have to give this a try. Think my hard case causes more problems then anything.

I might just have to give this a try. Think my hard case causes more problems then anything.
I looked at the hard cases and they just seemed to bulky . I wanted something they didn't look like I was packing a bomb lol. Plus the prices just seemed to high for what they are.

Seahorse Hardshell Case.jpg
Modified my Seahorse Case to accommodate controller with antenna-- quite serviceable-- it had the pluck foam--- so was an easy mod after installing the HDMI board and DBS antenna mod. Still plenty of padding for the Controller and P3 and I don't have to remove the antenna mod.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I got my DBS antenna yesterday and it took about an hour to install. I managed to track the cables back under the original control sticks. I tested the P3P line of sight and it seemed solid however I did notice that you have to be pretty accurate for line of sight which I understood maybe the case. I'm currently also testing the extra channels to increase range and decrease wifi interference.. So far it seems good. I wanted to purchase another controller but it seems that only one controller can be pair with the drone. Never mind.

Chris
I have a modded controller with the DBS antenna and also my original unmodded RC . Only takes a minute to pair the other controller depending on which one you want to use that flight..You can pair as many as you want, just one at a time

Reactions: Mike Mauk
View attachment 31435 Modified my Seahorse Case to accommodate controller with antenna-- quite serviceable-- it had the pluck foam--- so was an easy mod after installing the HDMI board and DBS antenna mod. Still plenty of padding for the Controller and P3 and I don't have to remove the antenna mod.
Can you post a picture of your remote control mod with the Wi-Fi boosters. I am trying to do the same thing just can't mount them good. Thanks

ok I just got my dbs mod done by Chuck and now it says my RC needs a firmware update on the controller... dang, so will the newest firmware update it I wasnt expecting to need to do this all over again.

ok I just got my dbs mod done by Chuck and now it says my RC needs a firmware update on the controller... dang, so will the newest firmware update it I wasnt expecting to need to do this all over again.
ok well this is the first time I have done the RC firmware update since the new update and it does it on the APP that is so nice. I did need to go back and do the channel hack but that is not much of a problem.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32346917&postcount=30331 Now I wish the batteries would do the same. Any way am getting prepared to fly for the first time after the dbs mod! it looks ready after I charge the RC

Go figure. I just did my i1 remote. I was planing on doing my P3A remote, but when I get my slave remote for the i1, I am just going to bind that to the P3A and go dual purpose. I WANTED the SMA in the antenna holes. It took some extra time and a small dremel, but got it done.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.JPG
    IMG_0837.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 365

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads