ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Sounds like you didn't hook up to the antenna. My guess is your UFL cable popped off the UFL jack inside the controller. And now the flat antenna is actually blocking what little signal is coming out of the transmitter.

It's possible something was damaged during the mod. When you were removing the white epoxy was there any damage to the connector? Post some pictures of everything inside and out and maybe between everybody on here we can figure out what's wrong .

Thank you for your ideas. I'm super busy at work for the next few days and then I'll post some pictures and check my ufl jack I tried rebinding everything and hooking the cables up backwards just in case ... so now I guess I have to open up everything and double check my chicken **** work sighhhh I really thought it went well but lots of surgeons leave all kinds of tools inside their patients too I guess

Problem diagnosed but not solved. The battery on the lid of the extender broke the wire that connects to the external antenna. I should have drilled my holes just a little lower. Anybody know where I can get more of those wires that came with the itelite antenna? And thanks!!

You gotta hope you didn't fry the transmitter when you powered it up with no antenna.

Cables & Connectors

Now I'm not clear on which device you're having trouble with. Use the 4 inch ufl cable for the extender and the 8 incher for the control. Good luck

Last edited:
Thank you I will order the cables this morning later. I've heard that it is possible to fry the transmitter and I did try flying about an hours worth all told with no antenna sighhhh. How can I tell if my transmitter is fried right now the green light comes on...? And again thank you!!!

If you get everything hooked up perfectly and your range is bad and you can't figure out why, the answer may be transmitter damage. Fortunately, if you look around, you can probably find an RE700 for around $50, so it's not the end of the world. Good luck!

Everything is hooked up perfectly but my range with the new antenna is a little less than I was getting with the stock setup. Around 1300 feet with the itelite vs around 1500 feet before install. Do you think that means I fried my transmitter?

Phantom 3 Standard

DBS panel
5.8 amp
2- 2.4 amps
2 batteries on remote to power amps
External batteries on bird dual 1600 batteries
Best run so far is 6.08 miles out
Over 12 miles round trip 25+ minute flight

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Phantom 3 Standard

DBS panel
5.8 amp
2- 2.4 amps
2 batteries on remote to power amps
External batteries on bird dual 1600 batteries
Best run so far is 6.08 miles out
Over 12 miles round trip 25+ minute flight
That's a great run with a standard. I didn't think a non lightbridge p3 could go that far even with the dbs. Awesome! !

Everything is hooked up perfectly but my range with the new antenna is a little less than I was getting with the stock setup. Around 1300 feet with the itelite vs around 1500 feet before install. Do you think that means I fried my transmitter?
Did you get the problem resolved?

Mine just arrived. With my 8inch table I will need to mount the antenna 'upside down', but will still face upwards. IE the mounting bracket it at the top of the antenna and not at the bottom, but the overall upward angle is the same.. I can't see this making a difference but does anyone know the real answer?

Thanks

I think technically it would work but you have to be sure the entire antenna, from top to bottom, has a clear "view" of the craft at all times. Sounds awkward to me.

No problem. They come from China so you should probably order a couple pairs . They are cheap and I don't trust the quality but that's with just about everything these days . Better safe than sorry. Although I haven't had an problems but it's good to have backups . Safe flying !!
Ah... you are wrong, they come from Poland not China. Check your facts before you post.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Incredible connectivity even going under a bridge.

Reactions: mikecorn1
Ah... you are wrong, they come from Poland not China. Check your facts before you post.
Ah Hey maybe you should read the entire post . The cables that I'm talking about come from China . Everybody knows the dbs itelite antenna comes from Poland . So check your self . Lol newbies coming in here !! Make me laugh !! Get your facts straight noob!! READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE YOU POST NEWBIE!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod and Sim597
Mr. Nice Guy ???
I'm a newby and already afraid to pist a problem.
Don't have time to read all the old post.
Just want to ask a question why mij range with an ItElite is not nearly good enough.

Verzonden met mobiel, klein toetsenbord met assistentie van de woordverkreukelaar.

What do you consider good enough?

Are you flying in a congested area?

Are you sure you did the mod correctly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.