ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Bloody bold it seems that something may be flawed with your phantom from the beginning possible a bad wifi module or repeater. I would definitely take flptflyers advice and get the fpvlr dipoles. I too had an increase of about 4000 feet when I added them. However if you don't see substantial increases o would look to change out the wifi module or repeater. Do you have access to some else's wifi repeater and change it out to see if that has an effect. Perhaps try to narrow down the possible causes for low stock range. Are you aiming right at your uav with good los?

phantom13flyer and Flptflyer, first off thank you for your response.

I have some new flight findings to report, today I was able to achieve a flight of 2835 ft at an altitude of 210 ft. The differences of this flight were as follows;
  • While looking through the settings in DJI assistant I enabled the use of cellular data as I just purchased a iPad mini 3 w/cellular for my new monitor screen.
  • Also I changed the flight control method to naza and played around with the controls a bit before changing it back to phantom mode as the grand kids would be helping fly to day and want to be in a safe mode just in case. This may or may not have allowed the firmware to better take hold, this is often the case in control systems that are plc based but unsure if it applies here.
  • The flight was done at the lake house over water something that would allow the wifi signal to skip allowing for a possibility as to my new found distance.
As to you questions yes I am aiming at the uav this is confirmed by the wifi wand provided in FPV Booster app and I had good VLOS however there is a haze here in MN due to the fires in Canada.
(edited) No I do not have access to another wifi repeater.

I have seen the posts relating to the fpvlr dipoles and will probably look at doing this mod as well however I look at my P2V+ as a trainer/stepping stone and am not interested it sinking a lot of extra $$$ into it but what the heck it's only money right and I thank you two for sharing your results. I am headed to CO for a photo workshop this coming week so it will be two weeks before getting around to implementing it.

Last edited:
I was just at the FPVLR website and I see they have 2.4 an 5.8GHZ which should I be looking at?

I was just at the FPVLR website and I see they have 2.4 an 5.8GHZ which should I be looking at?
The 2.4 ghz is the fpv signal and 5.8 ghz is the controll. You want the 2.4 ghz dipole. I haven't found it necessary to get the 5.8 ghz because I always lose fpv first , never a problem having control signal even at over 17,000 feet away .

Looks like 5.8GHZ as I haven't lost fpv yet just control so maybe as long as I have to open her up I should do both to be safe. can you point me to a tutorial for performing the mod?

Yeah it wouldn't hurt to do both. I will say this the 2.4 ghz is the easy mod. It is all plug and play. But the 5.8 ghz is a little bit tricky you have to remove the "black goo". Try a YouTube search or maybe someone else can help and post the links. Sorry I'm not more help . I'll try to find them and post it.

Has anyone received their p3 itelite antenna yet. Or does anyone know when these will begin shipping . Thanks in advance !!

So I rewatched the install video and it's for the inspire . So correct me if I'm wrong the p3 mod will be a simple plug and play install. The second part of the mod in the video won't be necessary because the p3 doesn't have dual controllers and the 5.8 ghz signal is just to go between the second controller .

Incredible 5+ mile flight of the phantom 3 by Dbs Mods.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DBS, just wanted to thank you for the awesome kit. I got mine today and IMO, it's just so much more elegant than the FPVLR P3/I1 advanced kit. Granted the amps added a lot to the weight (and cost), but I don't think I can go back now. The ITELITE is worlds lighter and the mounting system is just top-notch. Kudos.

About the only thing I would like to see in the kit are shorter pigtails. I already had mounts on the top of the remote for my previous FPVLR install, and the distance between connectors is only a couple of inches (see attached spaghetti image). Do you know where I can source shorter pigtails of the same type (I think SMA female to RP SMA female?)

2015-07-24 22.53.42 HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439305749.340858.jpg

Antenna installed and went for a test flight. It's doubled my range in the same area. It also has made it so that I don't get hit with a weak RC or video feed over spots close by where I use to get hit. Thanks DBS! I also modified my case to fit with the new antenna.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439306050.898586.jpg

Modified mine Friday night for my P3P. Tested it out Saturday morning. Where I was only able to go put 4,600ft away with my stock antennas. I went out 10,180ft with the dbs antenna. I could of gone further but wanted to come back to make sure I had enough battery. There was a light breeze also.

Anyone have a picture of what the antenna looks like apart for the dbs phantom 3? I seen a few pictures in the first pages of this thread. Im not sure if they apply to the Phantom 3 antenna or not.
Being in amateur radio I like to know about the antennas I use. Also having the specs of the antennas is really useful for calculating ERP to figure radio wave propagation.

Attachments

• 20150815_082623-1.jpg
    20150815_082623-1.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 523
  • P3-2.53dB.jpg
    P3-2.53dB.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 493
  • P3-8.85dB.jpg
    P3-8.85dB.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 496

Members online

No members online now.