ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

The mod was already done when I bought the Phantom.
Flying in dunes and over meadows.
I consider +2km as good distance.

Verzonden met mobiel, klein toetsenbord met assistentie van de woordverkreukelaar.

Basically, as this image.
I see problems with this right off . You need to do the inspire holder mod .
You will have to lean over to see your screen as that panel needs to be pointed at your bird .

The mod was already done when I bought the Phantom.
Flying in dunes and over meadows.
I consider +2km as good distance.

Verzonden met mobiel, klein toetsenbord met assistentie van de woordverkreukelaar.
So your range must be something less than 2 km, but we don't know how much less.

Stock is only 1000 meters.

I don't know how to solve your problem with the limited info you have provided.

Mr. Nice Guy ???
I'm a newby and already afraid to pist a problem.
Don't have time to read all the old post.
Just want to ask a question why mij range with an ItElite is not nearly good enough.

Sorry to jump in Mark but John you need to read these old post . Just don't join and expect to be spoon-fed all this info .
Nobody here minds helping folks that try and help themselves but that's not what I'm seeing here .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hello all,

Couple of quick questions if I could.. looking to upgrade to an extender (not looking to break records, just want better solid connection on distance). Up in New England so trees, mountains, hills abound so aware of line of sight issues, etc. Can't seem to raise anyone on the phone at Itelite.net (a little disappointing) so turning here. I have two controllers for my P3P, so not an issue mod'ing one. The Itelite DBS02.2 seems to be the most current version:

ITE-DBS02.2 for DJI Phantom 3 Pro & Advanced, Inspire 1 & Matrice 100 & Phantom 4

So, just wanted to check a couple of things. There's a massive difference in price (even accounting for installation) with the Itelite offering and the Drone World version of what looks to me the same basic extender (except they bring cables out the old antenna ports - which really doesn't look like it's that hard a mod to DIY with the Itelite DBS). Are they different units or is it just a rebranding of the Itelite with the mod of where the antennas come out? Also, how hard is it to take the front panel off in the field (assuming I don't want to switch from the back pack case unless I have to).

Appreciate in advance any advice and sorry if the comparison has been covered somewhere in the 37 pages. :)

Jay S.

Hello all,

Couple of quick questions if I could.. looking to upgrade to an extender (not looking to break records, just want better solid connection on distance). Up in New England so trees, mountains, hills abound so aware of line of sight issues, etc. Can't seem to raise anyone on the phone at Itelite.net (a little disappointing) so turning here. I have two controllers for my P3P, so not an issue mod'ing one. The Itelite DBS02.2 seems to be the most current version:

ITE-DBS02.2 for DJI Phantom 3 Pro & Advanced, Inspire 1 & Matrice 100 & Phantom 4

So, just wanted to check a couple of things. There's a massive difference in price (even accounting for installation) with the Itelite offering and the Drone World version of what looks to me the same basic extender (except they bring cables out the old antenna ports - which really doesn't look like it's that hard a mod to DIY with the Itelite DBS). Are they different units or is it just a rebranding of the Itelite with the mod of where the antennas come out? Also, how hard is it to take the front panel off in the field (assuming I don't want to switch from the back pack case unless I have to).

Appreciate in advance any advice and sorry if the comparison has been covered somewhere in the 37 pages. :)

Jay S.
Go for it its good enough.

...Are they different units or is it just a rebranding of the Itelite with the mod of where the antennas come out? Also, how hard is it to take the front panel off in the field (assuming I don't want to switch from the back pack case unless I have to).

First question, the latter. The consensus from members on this site is that drone world is a scam.

Second question - when you say front panel, I assume you mean the antenna as a whole. It's not hard to take off.

Hope this helps

First question, the latter. The consensus from members on this site is that drone world is a scam.

Second question - when you say front panel, I assume you mean the antenna as a whole. It's not hard to take off.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.. Called them and it is a non-amplified solution, so yes, basically a Itelite system. The guy said though that their Phantom 4 solution (which is the same RC??) is an amplified version of the P3A/P3P offering.. Like I said, it's the same RC so why wouldn't it work for the P3?? Regardless, way too much, even if they do the install. Not sure where the old antenna caps are (Ebay?) though. I do like the thought of bring the SMC connectors out there vs. drilling holes in the controller.

Jay S.

Hello all,

Jay S.
Go with this guy as he's here all the time and is the same panel as the itelite . This link is to where you can find his site and he has many other's in here . Is not hard to mod and have 3 . Not from him but he does't sell one for the 2.4-5.8 . JakeMaxxUAV

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Hi Jay..where in CT are you? The trees here are so dense right now your going to need the maxx..or the terminator. I get crap for distance right now with all the leaves plus theres really no flat areas here.

I just did some tests and accidentally found something.

I used an EMF meter to measure the RF coming from the ITELITE. I held the meter 12 inches from the face of the ITELITE and I found the signal to be stronger if I held the meter slightly below the front face.

Then I tested it again from about 10 feet away. Same thing. The signal was stronger holding the meter BELOW the invisible center line where one would think the signal would be moving. I would say maybe 10-15 degrees below where you would think.

What about towards the top mark?? Does it read any different??

I ki da want to try a flight with the panel upside down..mount it on tripod pointed same angle and direction then flip it

I just double checked it again to make sure I'm not going crazy and confirmed it again. There is no question about it - at least on mine. The signal shoots out lower than what you'd expect. It shoots out lower than directly perpendicular to the face of the antenna. And not just a little bit either. It's a good 15% lower. This means, if I aim the antenna perfectly, I will get a weaker signal then if I aim it 15 degrees higher. To emphasize, I'm referring to the 5.8 signal only. I haven't tested the 2.4.

Maybe, since I'm not even using the 2.4 during the test, it makes a difference somehow. But I don't know how.

I did the same test on the maxxrange antenna (the 2.4 ghz antenna). That one is perfect. The signal comes out exactly perpendicular to the face of the antenna as you'd expect.

Edit: Just re-aimed the itelite higher than I normally do and my P2V flew out 2.4 miles - best run I've had in a few weeks. It only turned around because of tree leaves. This also seems to confirm an earlier post I made in another thread that the solid blue light on the sunhans is nothing to worry about...

Last edited:
hey Mark if you go to the first page in this thread, DBS said the winner for the 3 he tested was, 5.8GHz vertical polarity 45 degree diagonal polarity V+X w/2x2.4Xpol.

You think maybe that's why the readings are like that, being 45 degrees??? Keep testing these out man I love it!!

Yes, but he's talking about the 2.4 signal on diagonal polarity. I am not even using the original ITELITE 2.4 antenna since I have the maxxrange. The ITELITE 2.4 portion of the antenna is not even connected.

In that post #1, DBS was testing three different ITELITES, trying to figure out which would be best. But on all three, the 5.8 antenna is Vertical as you can see from the labels.

And btw, I just discovered this weird signal aiming variation by accident - I was actually trying to figure out if my amp was working correctly. And also, we don't know for sure if all the ITELITES are like this. Maybe mine has some kind of weird fault to it.

Ohhhh ok got it...your right i checked again.. so your using the 5.8 from the small panel and the 2.4's from the maxx..do you run an amp on the 5.8? Do you fly the standard or p2 Mark?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.