ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Why do you think he was high?!?!

Oh.... you mean how high off the ground... as in altitude... duhhhhhh :confused:
Yep that's what I meant lol

With these antennas, do I have to point it at the bird like others?

Yes sir... it is required with any directional antenna... that's how they achieve their higher gain numbers... by compressing and focusing their beamwidth towards a particular point.

This one is pretty forgiving though... 40° Beamwidth ... so pointing it in the general direction is good enough until you get out to the maximums of your range. That is when real good aim helps push the numbers to the Max!

I was 175 feet high (however 600 feet over sea level) - I feel that a higher altitude would have been beneficial.

It was very gusty - I am going to change the dampers to black 50 as I am getting jello in the wind with the 5.4mm lens. I like the 5.4mm lens as there is hardly any fisheye.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: djmell and DBS
I was 175 feet high (however 600 feet over sea level) - I feel that a higher altitude would have been beneficial.

It was very gusty - I am going to change the dampers to black 50 as I am getting jello in the wind with the 5.4mm lens. I like the 5.4mm lens as there is hardly any fisheye.

Nice men

Good lord Mohan you have enough birds ? Lol ,nice set ups
just starting out
Phantom v 2 + V3.0 and just got in epson bt200 guess that's Quad 1,I want just a plainjane to learn to fly manual mode no gimbal or camera.The lense you are speaking of is that on the gopro and does it slip on or what?

The lens on the Go Pro is screwed on by removing the original lens. It is not difficult to remove the original lens but as it has 'glue' it needs a considerable amount of force to 'crack' the lens open. You do this by either completely taking apart the Go Pro or popping off the lens shroud which is the faster but not so elegant way. Once the lens is off it is a matter of screwing and focussing the replacement lens in until it is focussed. Replacement lenses are between $99 to $150 and have various focal lengths - 5.4mm is a nice sweet spot. Some places charge a lot more and have a bigger online presence and reputation. I have worked out that the expensive retailers are supplying similar or identical lenses. Have a look on google / youtube.

Hey DBS any need for RX improvement after the tx we are putting on?

Can't Really tell you what you "need" but the patches in the itelite panel are pretty much optimized to run with what's on board the V2 already. Especially the 5.8gHz control... haven't seen an RTH on mine since I got it... always starts getting video frame drops first to warn me that I'm pushing my limit.

So I did this mod to better position my antennas but haven't gotten the chance to go out and test it yet... life and weather keep getting in the way.

I did the install, no dramas.

A couple of things I did a little differently.

I decided that I did not want the output connectors on the top surfaces or the TX/extender as when I eventually sell / upgrade the filled holes will not be as obvious.

I also routed the extender wires under the circuit board to pop up next to the connection points.

The spongy shield in the extender tears very easily along with the rubber light blockers.

I also de-burred the bracket a little as it had rough edges that would have scrapped the extender.
Also its essential that there is no debris left inside the TX that could clog up the sticks.

I used hot melt glue to fix the cable down in the TX.

Also the right angle connectors must go on the antenna panel or you will find you trying to connect male to male connectors.

Just waiting for the weather to improve now.....

DSCF4170.JPG
DSCF4171.JPG
DSCF4172.JPG
DSCF4173.JPG

Nice install. The reason I didn't do the rear connectors is that I didn't want the cables getting crimped and bent when I stored the transmitter in the case. I am going to get some more custom braided 90 degree connectors SMA male to RP-SMA male made again similar to my Horizon setup below. On my Horizon set up I installed the connectors on the back but needed to use the 90 degree connectors to stop cable damage.
Horizon antenna rear.jpg

I did the install, no dramas.

A couple of things I did a little differently.

I decided that I did not want the output connectors on the top surfaces or the TX/extender as when I eventually sell / upgrade the filled holes will not be as obvious.

I also routed the extender wires under the circuit board to pop up next to the connection points.

The spongy shield in the extender tears very easily along with the rubber light blockers.

I also de-burred the bracket a little as it had rough edges that would have scrapped the extender.
Also its essential that there is no debris left inside the TX that could clog up the sticks.

I used hot melt glue to fix the cable down in the TX.

Also the right angle connectors must go on the antenna panel or you will find you trying to connect male to male connectors.

Just waiting for the weather to improve now.....

View attachment 17219View attachment 17220View attachment 17221View attachment 17222

This must be the Australian version... it looks upside down on my screen here in the U.S. o_O

SOMEBODY MODDED MY MOD!!!

GREAT work sir... there's more than one way to skin a cat!!!

This must be the Australian version... it looks upside down on my screen here in the U.S. o_O

SOMEBODY MODDED MY MOD!!!

GREAT work sir... there's more than one way to skin a cat!!!

Thanks

The antenna is the right way up but the bracket has to be inverted as the connectors are coming from the bottom now.
Or maybe the imprint plastic panel of the drone is upside down ?
Just going to have a look at it again, just in case.:D

Only half way to Australia, (maybe thats how far it will fly now ) :)

The lens on the Go Pro is screwed on by removing the original lens. It is not difficult to remove the original lens but as it has 'glue' it needs a considerable amount of force to 'crack' the lens open. You do this by either completely taking apart the Go Pro or popping off the lens shroud which is the faster but not so elegant way. Once the lens is off it is a matter of screwing and focussing the replacement lens in until it is focussed. Replacement lenses are between $99 to $150 and have various focal lengths - 5.4mm is a nice sweet spot. Some places charge a lot more and have a bigger online presence and reputation. I have worked out that the expensive retailers are supplying similar or identical lenses. Have a look on google / youtube.
Cool thanks Mohan will do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.