ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Holy Friggin Antenna DBS, this thing is no JOKE! I hit the powerlines behind my house for a quick test flight at dusk. I have upgraded antennas on my birds controller already but could only get 1600ft away @150FT up. Went out 4100FT and still had full signal! Didnt want to go much further since it was getting dark. Man does this thing rock. What a bargain.

Last edited:
Did you get a constant signal or the dreaded "phantom connection broken" message at that range?

It was almost dark so I did not push it any further than 4100FT out 165 up but I still had full bars on tx and video! Crazy for such a small antenna! I will go out tomorrow when its light and find max range but Im very impressed.

Last edited:
This must be the Australian version... it looks upside down on my screen here in the U.S. o_O

SOMEBODY MODDED MY MOD!!!

GREAT work sir... there's more than one way to skin a cat!!!
Hi, do they have more in stock in Miami?

uploadfromtaptalk1429147571548.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429147651445.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429147734792.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429147812788.jpg

It was almost dark so I did not push it any further than 4100FT out 165 up but I still had full bars on tx and video! Crazy for such a small antenna! I will go out tomorrow when its light and find max range but Im very impressed.

I'll be interested to hear about that, especially altitude. I have been trying to film a reef 1.2ks off shore at an altitude of 20m. I know that's pushing my Stage 2 kit a bit over water at that distance but kept losing connection until I lifted to 50m. I guess stage 2 is very directional at long range. Will be interesting to hear if the itelite is better at that sort of distance. Cheers

. I have upgraded antennas on my birds controller already but could only get 1600ft away @150FT up. .
What kind of antennas do you have on bird side? Have u tried other antennas on TX before? If I get 4000ft I going to be happy man. Did u get this distance in urban or rural area?

Holy Friggin Antenna DBS, this thing is no JOKE! I hit the powerlines behind my house for a quick test flight at dusk. I have upgraded antennas on my birds controller already but could only get 1600ft away @150FT up. Went out 4100FT and still had full signal! Didnt want to go much further since it was getting dark. Man does this thing rock. What a bargain.

Awesome bro!!... if you were getting 1600ft stock... and you just got 4100... there's still a little more in the tank... you should be able to get a little over 4800/5000ft-ish if my math is correct. Just don't go out there losing your bird trying to go nuts on mileage!! :mad:

Hi, do they have more in stock in Miami?

Yessir they do... and another production run being hammered out right behind it...

I guess things went really well at the NAB show and looks like they picked up some popular vendors you will recognise if you've ever watched the banner ads on this site. So these will be in stock in several places pretty soon here I guess :D

I just ordered my itelite from Ogura corp. Does anyone know anything about them. The site let me order one but then it said the product was unavailable. So I don't know what happened.

I would like to update this post. I ordered that ITelite DBS phantom antenna from Ogura Corp and will be receiving it tomorrow according to the ups tracking. Ogura has been very professional and prompt with their service . And it is my understanding they have plenty in stock and I recommend to anyone looking to buy this antenna to get it from Ogura Corporation. I'm so freaking excited to try this antenna out . I've been using the fpvlr stage 2 for a couple weeks now and I'm been consistently getting 4500' . I'm very pleased with these results but of course I want to go farther and I'm hoping this ITELITE Antenna will do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OguraCorp
Do you have a link to where you ordered? I can check it out for you ....

As of right now... itelite has not sent any antennas to outside vendors... so this sounds a bit fishy to me.

EDIT:

OK I found it... they are an itelite distributor... and they are now stocking units.

Last edited:
This is the only link right now that I am aware of...
https://shop.trycelery.com/page/dbsphantompreorder

They are not a fake company... they do carry the complete line of itelite antennas for P2P Wi-Fi connection and HD video streaming... I think they just made the assumption that they would be carrying this antenna as well without checking terms with itelite first.

I forwarded your story to itelite management to get the link taken down.

What kind of antennas do you have on bird side? Have u tried other antennas on TX before? If I get 4000ft I going to be happy man. Did u get this distance in urban or rural area?
Nothing done to the bird at all just had upgraded antennas on the Wi-Fi extender and tx. Its an urban area and I flew 70'above high voltage power lines. Probably not wise lol.

Mine is set to arrive today , great response time too!! Thank you

How far out you think you could go AND would you have enough battery power to return?? Got to keep an eye on that!!

How far out you think you could go AND would you have enough battery power to return?? Got to keep an eye on that!!
Well you can complete a 5+ mile gs mission so it's safe to say 2mi out or so safely

Does anyone have experience with using epoxy on there repeater connections. Thanks

This antenna isn't strong enough to run out the battery. .. you'll lose connection first and have plenty of time for it to return to home on its own... if you wanna let it .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj