ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

You just have to be smart. Don't try to head 5000' out and 400' up when you only have 2 bars left on the battery. Then you might have a bad day.

Got my order in! Curious to see how it compares to my current stage 2 setup.

DBS, what preview quality are you using when you did your videos ?

High: 640 x 480@30fps
Medium: 640 x 480@15fps
Medium: 320 x 240@30fps
Low: 320 x 240@15fps

Took it out today, not ideal weather as lots of rain clouds around, in a quite wifi area, at high i was getting 500-600 meters video, control working fine. I was hopping to get more than that.

When I turned the drone around so it faced me, the signal was better.

I had put your other mod on as well a while ago (the 2 wifi short antennas coming out of the legs).

Thanks

Mine was shipped 2 days ago, I'm in Portugal, hope it gets here fast, they say they shipped from EU.

This antenna isn't strong enough to run out the battery. .. you'll lose connection first and have plenty of time for it to return to home on its own... if you wanna let it .
Can I purchase from the Miami store since I'm not too far away?

:):):):) Absolute nuts!! :):):):)

7700 feet today in good weather. Yes end user in the wild. This antenna Rocks.

I flew today for 2 hours - did a head to head with FPVLR stage 2 as I like the blue antenna Tony sent me. I got 3200 feet with FPVLR which is very good as it is a nice compact design. More than enough for day to day flying without worrying about pointing antenna dead straight.

Having achieved nearly 5000 feet with the DBS phantom on the maiden flight I wanted to do a side by side comparison today. Flew same heading from same location. The DBS Phantom did more than double the distance and more!! This is nuts. Imagine if I put amps on this setup. What if I modded the bird with patch panels....

Video to follow with dashware soon - right now processing plus youtube upload time. Will upload asap when youtube ready.

20150416_165428767_iOS.JPG

20150416_165456305_iOS.JPG
20150416_165516243_iOS.JPG
20150416_165556296_iOS.JPG

20150416_165603156_iOS.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_0105.JPG I did the mod today, and I must say the how to vid was right on target. .. I wont get a chance to fully test this till next week, but I flew it out in the yard to see if I had connectivity,and it does.

By the way I didn't use any silicone or hot glue on the TX connector, that doesnt make a diffefence does it? And what other project can the original antennas be used for ??

Thank you DBS!!!

Goat

Last edited:
Hi,

I installed three so far, two in my Phantoms and one in my friends Phantom. I managed to get the cables that go into the WiFi extender housing installed without removing the PCB. I centered the holes right at 7/32" from the lip of the WiFi extender. Then I had to cut some additional plastic along the plastic bulkhead at the edge of the PCB and that allowed me to be able to cant the connectors enough to get them into the holes. I did use a dremel tool to very slightly egg shape the connector holes but the extra effort is worth not having to disturb the WiFi PCB. The old antenna wires can easily be tucked neatly out of the way and are there in the event you might want to go stock again.

It has been drizzle raining here all day but I did get a quick test flight out to 1600 ft at 300 ft altitude with my P2V RE500 and it was solid as a rock. No lost WiFi signal or control signal. Before the mod, I was lucky to get a half mile with my P2V before I got the dreaded Phantom connection broken message. I would have flown farther out but it started to drizzle again and had to bring it home rather quickly. Can't wait for the ole sun to come out so I can test fly my P2V+v3. But the weather man has forecast move of the same for the next couple days. I am impressed so far and expect to be able to extend the range of my P2V well beyond 3/4 mile. The P2V+v3 with RE700 should do even better.

Good job Itelite!

Can I purchase from the Miami store since I'm not too far away?

The Miami site is not a store... it is just a shipping hub... most of the time if you swing by there the doors will be locked because the manager is out servicing accounts.

DBS, what preview quality are you using when you did your videos ?

High: 640 x 480@30fps
Medium: 640 x 480@15fps
Medium: 320 x 240@30fps
Low: 320 x 240@15fps

Took it out today, not ideal weather as lots of rain clouds around, in a quite wifi area, at high i was getting 500-600 meters video, control working fine. I was hopping to get more than that.

When I turned the drone around so it faced me, the signal was better.

I had put your other mod on as well a while ago (the 2 wifi short antennas coming out of the legs).

Thanks

I use 640x480@15fps almost all the time... I switch to 30fps when I wanna really test an antenna and see if it can pull in major bandwidth.

With the distances you post it sounds like you have some other sort of problem.

The other mod you speak of (the 2 wifi short antennas coming out of the legs)... that's not me... there are no Wi-Fi antennas in the legs... the control reciever antennas are in the legs... my mod is below in my signature with the Wi-Fi antennas moved to front and back of the body.

:):):):) Absolute nuts!! :):):):)

7700 feet today in good weather. Yes end user in the wild. This antenna Rocks.

I flew today for 2 hours - did a head to head with FPVLR stage 2 as I like the blue antenna Tony sent me. I got 3200 feet with FPVLR which is very good as it is a nice compact design. More than enough for day to day flying without worrying about pointing antenna dead straight.

Having achieved nearly 5000 feet with the DBS phantom on the maiden flight I wanted to do a side by side comparison today. Flew same heading from same location. The DBS Phantom did more than double the distance and more!! This is nuts. Imagine if I put amps on this setup. What if I modded the bird with patch panels....

Video to follow with dashware soon - right now processing plus youtube upload time. Will upload asap when youtube ready.

Crazy madness!!!!

Really glad to see this happening out here!!

I was worried I would be this dummy who went out and flew 8000ft with this **** thing but everybody would say "it's just because you have that perfect place to fly"

Well... there it is yo...

Mohan is a badass :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
mohan I am curious as to what you have for antennas on your bird if ya don't mind? :)

Of course I am happy to share the info.

The Wifi (2.4ghz) is stock - so the 2 flat panels are exactly as per stock on either side of the battery bay inside. I did not do the mod and move them front and back because I ran the 5.8 Gz antenna wires on to the legs and installed spiral antennas for my previous antenna setup with amps. As the DBS phantom uses a panel I could see no advantage of using the spiral antennas. Therefore I added 5.8Ghz dipole antennas to return the aircraft back to stock. These dipoles add no additional gain as far as I know. I might add 2 panels at the base of the legs for 5.8gz and do the mod for 2.4Gz to see if it gives me more range.

To be honest 8000 feet is all I need as it basically is a mad dash there and back with a little bit of battery as spare at the end. If you are going to fly leisurely you are going to find 8000 feet a bit of a challenge without running out of battery. My intention is go through this 'phase' of maximum range hunting, settle down with the most practical setup and just enojy flying. I am convinced that I have found that sweet spot. I don't want to spend 10 minutes assembling tripods, kitting out antennas and then having to hold a 10lb lump in my hand full of wires, batteries and antennas that will get the local police all excited.

Thanks for the response buddy . Am rebuilding a bird and the one I had was with Tony's stage 3 . Now on this one I am going with this set up . Wondered what to use for the 2.4's from the legs as just not keen on using the panel ones I removed from the camera .As for the 5.8 am not sure works with the itelite . Really like it as with what I had I could get 8500' before I came back and see these getting that for less bucks. Just trying to figure out what to hang from bird !

@mohan Your cables look shorter than others I've seen. Did they come with the kit you got or did u get those somewhere else? I like those better than the big looping cables.

Last edited:
@mohan Your cables look shorter than others I've seen. Did they come with the kit you got or did u get those somewhere else? I like those better than the big looping cables.

Yes I had them custom made and made sure they were multiples of the length for the frequency. They are the silver braided which are very strong and won't get damaged when I stick my assembled Tx / antenna setup in my backpack

Reactions: Brent10
Thanks for the response buddy . Am rebuilding a bird and the one I had was with Tony's stage 3 . Now on this one I am going with this set up . Wondered what to use for the 2.4's from the legs as just not keen on using the panel ones I removed from the camera .As for the 5.8 am not sure works with the itelite . Really like it as with what I had I could get 8500' before I came back and see these getting that for less bucks. Just trying to figure out what to hang from bird !

I have been told that the best ones other than panels is to stick with the dipoles. I think if you are not that fussed I would keep the aircraft stock with the panels inside and the 2 original dipoles running down the leg as you will get near enough 8000 feet is there is no obstruction between you and the aircraft.

Well I already have the 5.8 board that I modded from the other bird and was gonna just switch em but if there's no need than I wont . Now I just need to find out what to get as far as the 2.4 .
I don't need all the distance but knowing I do got it makes me comfortably at 4000' and being to turn with out losing any FPV .
Do love making them long runs though ! ;) Thanks

The Miami site is not a store... it is just a shipping hub... most of the time if you swing by there the doors will be locked because the manager is out servicing accounts.

I use 640x480@15fps almost all the time... I switch to 30fps when I wanna really test an antenna and see if it can pull in major bandwidth.

With the distances you post it sounds like you have some other sort of problem.

The other mod you speak of (the 2 wifi short antennas coming out of the legs)... that's not me... there are no Wi-Fi antennas in the legs... the control reciever antennas are in the legs... my mod is below in my signature with the Wi-Fi antennas moved to front and back of the body.
Thanks, can you send me the link to order please, thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20