ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

I notice that your antenna CP (Circular polarized). But my antennas are LP (linear Polarized) which matches the ITElite panel. Looks like you will need to buy the same kind of antennas I have to match with the ITElite panels.
Ya and if ya look back 1 page ya see where Tony says he makes em now . Before when I got my itelite antenna he didn't . I did try other antennas in place of the ones in that picture and did ask DBS and in another thread what I needed to het the range but that was a waste of time so I just gave up on it then . Gonna try again since I see tony getting these together and have looked to see when he will have the whole set in a bundle .
The ones you have showing look a lot less fragle than the ones I have now . They do work great but would like to beable to transport
a little easier and not taking them off and on .

Ya and if ya look back 1 page ya see where Tony says he makes em now . Before when I got my itelite antenna he didn't . I did try other antennas in place of the ones in that picture and did ask DBS and in another thread what I needed to het the range but that was a waste of time so I just gave up on it then . Gonna try again since I see tony getting these together and have looked to see when he will have the whole set in a bundle .
The ones you have showing look a lot less fragle than the ones I have now . They do work great but would like to beable to transport
a little easier and not taking them off and on .[/QUOT

Well you can loosen it up and bend it straight so that you can put it away in a case. and then bend to desired shape and tighten to the connector when you are about to fly.

Reactions: dirkclod
Do hope I see Tony put the bundle up and on the tightening it back up you be sure and do more than hand tight !! A member here with the same as I have had one of his come loose on a long run and lost it .:eek: Not saying you don't but just saying .

Yeah I got the 5.8's and the 2.4 dipoles I am going to triple boost my dbs antenna. 2x 3000 mw 2.4 and 2000 mw 5.8 I am curious to see if this setup will be a better option then my big helicals from FPVLR over 4 miles. I hope it works out.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I got the 5.8's and the 2.4 dipoles I am going to triple boost my dbs antenna. 2x 3000 mw 2.4 and 2000 mw 5.8 I am curious to see if this setup will be a better option then my big helicals from FPVLR over 4 miles. I hope it works out.
Are you talking about Tonys dipoles?

With my FPVLR setup I got out 3.6 miles and back for the orignal P2V thats the top distance on Flytrex I am modding my battery so I can get 4.5 or 5 miles I wanna see if the dbs works better
Good luck !! :)

Would you explain how you have amplified the IteLite antenna?

I have two models of the P2V+. One is the version-3 model and the other is not. I purchased an IteLite antenna for each and have been testing this set up for over a month. I am not trying to break any distance records but I can never achieve anything close to the 8000 feet that I saw in the Youtube video.

When testing for distance I usually choose a remote location where I have a clear line of sight over one mile. I always make certain that all batteries were fully charged. As for the AA batteries – I never fly with used ones. The older model PV2+ seems to perform the best. At just over 3000 feet distance the return-to-home kicks in. The same thing happens with the newer v3 controller but it usually makes it to about 2600 feet which is about the 800 meters claimed for a stock set up.

Of course I can live with this but I am a little disappointed with the antennas. If someone can achieve a distance of 8000 feet with these antennas I can reasonably expect to achieve half of that. If I cannot – this is puzzling. I am mainly looking for suggestions on how to improve the performance. Perhaps the booster app will help, or some bird-side mod?
Hey I was wondering how high you are flying . To reach longer distances one needs to fly at least 400 feet up. Also before adding any amps I would do the fpvlr 2.4 ghz dipole modification. It's a very easy mod . It took me less than 15 mins to complete . There's several people getting 3 miles with just the itelite antenna and the fpvlr dipoles. I think it's the perfect combination. My setup is triple boosted and made it out to 14,500 feet the first time and then over 17,000 feet the second time but I didn't have enough battery to get back and hot very lucky that it autolanded on a horse farm ,no damage a perfrct soft landing . This weekend I'm going to try it without the amps and see what the difference is because my controller weights a lot and if I can get 3 miles without the amps that would be ideal. Anything more than that is dangerous without a battery mod. The FPVLR dipoles are very impressive .

Reactions: FLPTFLYER
Very creative Goat!!

Keeps it in tighter and closer for a more compact and permanent solution... super stealth looking... Great Work!!

Hey bud,Now that I have these 2 antennas that came out can I use these to do that antenna MOD where you move the existing antennas in the bird? instead of taking the one out and mounting IT outside... I mean they look the same,and wouldn't you think that it would be cheaper for DJI to just make 1 antenna that TX's and RX's??

Could I add boosters after installing the Itelite antenna? What do the dipoles do are they the same thing as booster?

Could I add boosters after installing the Itelite antenna? What do the dipoles do are they the same thing as booster?
Boosters are amplifiers that go on your controller . You can put one on each of the three antennas that are on the DBS itelite. 1 5.8 ghz amp and 2 2.4 ghz amps . The dipoles that everyone is talking about are available only from fpvlr.com and they are bird side 2.4 ghz video/fpv antennas. They replace the stock 2.4ghz fpv antennas that are on the inside of the phantom. Also the amps also require a dual battery that can be bought from fpvlr.com along with the amps. I hope this answers your questions.

Reactions: Alex Kiritsis
Boosters are amplifiers that go on your controller . You can put one on each of the three antennas that are on the DBS itelite. 1 5.8 ghz amp and 2 2.4 ghz amps . The dipoles that everyone is talking about are available only from fpvlr.com and they are bird side 2.4 ghz video/fpv antennas. They replace the stock 2.4ghz fpv antennas that are on the inside of the phantom. Also the amps also require a dual battery that can be bought from fpvlr.com along with the amps. I hope this answers your questions.
Yes it does. Thank you!

Hey I was wondering how high you are flying . To reach longer distances one needs to fly at least 400 feet up. Also before adding any amps I would do the fpvlr 2.4 ghz dipole modification. It's a very easy mod . It took me less than 15 mins to complete . There's several people getting 3 miles with just the itelite antenna and the fpvlr dipoles. I think it's the perfect combination. My setup is triple boosted and made it out to 14,500 feet the first time and then over 17,000 feet the second time but I didn't have enough battery to get back and hot very lucky that it autolanded on a horse farm ,no damage a perfrct soft landing . This weekend I'm going to try it without the amps and see what the difference is because my controller weights a lot and if I can get 3 miles without the amps that would be ideal. Anything more than that is dangerous without a battery mod. The FPVLR dipoles are very impressive .

Very good point about the altitude. I did not realize that I needed to be that high. A friend of mine took a snapshot when RTH kicked in and it looks like I was around 200 feet. Most likely it was a bit lower than that since my RTH is set for 200 feet. Next time I will take your advice and if that does not help I will try the fpvlr dipoles.

Attachments

• samsung_phantom_app.JPG
    samsung_phantom_app.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 467
Reactions: phantom13flyer
I am new to the forum and am currently flying a P2V+. I recently modded my wifi extender with the ITELITE Antenna because stock I was only able to achieve a max alt of 200 ft with max dist being around 860 ft.

Since I have been a gawker here over the past 3 weeks I have read a lot about mods the rest of you have been doing and chose the ITELITE option as my means of improving range opting to go controller vs bird-side. After the mod I have been able to obtain a max alt of 285.1 ft and a max dist of 1351.0 ft while this is a significant increase over what I was seeing it falls way short or what others are achieving and my goal of 2000 ft to 3000 ft.

Along with the antenna upgrade I bought into the FPV Booster full meal deal in hopes that it may help as well but I have seen no benefit from the booster app itself but I am digging the rest of the package flight tracker ETC.

According to the DJI assistant all applications and firmware are up to date I can assure you my workmanship for performing the mod was spot on as this is the type of work I do for a living in the nuke field so I am very through and always check twice.

So this has me asking for recommendations as to my next option for improving range, is there something I might have missed or is my only other option to do the bird-side mod as well. I should also tell you that wifi, cell or high voltage interference was not the issue as I live in farm country and have seen the results in 4 different locations all at least 5 miles apart.

If it is suggested that I mod the antennas bird side I would appreciate suggestions that don't conflict with the ITELITE antenna as I am not fond of relocating the original antennas which would be fine but being the **** bastard I am that look does nothing for me.

Thanks for help and my you always fly right side up!

Bloodybold, I have an increase of at least 3800 feet when I moved my birdside antennas outside using FPVLR Dipoles.

Bloody bold it seems that something may be flawed with your phantom from the beginning possible a bad wifi module or repeater. I would definitely take flptflyers advice and get the fpvlr dipoles. I too had an increase of about 4000 feet when I added them. However if you don't see substantial increases o would look to change out the wifi module or repeater. Do you have access to some else's wifi repeater and change it out to see if that has an effect. Perhaps try to narrow down the possible causes for low stock range. Are you aiming right at your uav with good los?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164