Issues with Brand New Phantom 4 Pro and Linking to Controller after updating firmware on aircraft

Reaction score
Hi all, first time P4P user here, previously had a P2.

Had this P4P brand new out the box, and had issues login into the drone with the DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone.

Out of the box the RC could connect to the drone, had the Solid LED Green light on the RC. And as well as on the Drone between the Micro SD slot and sensor.

Still couldn't connect using the App, just said Disconnected.

After researching online and talking to a few ppl on Facebook groups, i came to upgrade the firmware on the Drone, and not the RC. There was no way i could get any notifications to say the RC needed any updates.... i cant connect to the Drone using the app so that wouldn't tell me nor would if i plugged into my laptop with a recent version of DJI Assistant 2.

Can i downgrade my firmware on the aircraft and go back o when i first had it out the box???
The controller just blinks green and red. I tried the combinations to link it back again using the controller but nothing.

I have noticed the camera roller, if i roll it the camera moves up and down so its still connecting or what??? Im confused.

In the recent software of DJI Assist i cant see any options to downgrade when i plug the aircraft in. I have found on the web that, the newest version of the software have taken out the downgrade option, therefore sounds like i need the older version of the DJI assistant software.

Please im desperate and cant afford both time or money to send back a dji store as im on St Helena Island in the South Atlantic...

Thks

Hi all, first time P4P user here, previously had a P2.

Had this P4P brand new out the box, and had issues login into the drone with the DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone.

Out of the box the RC could connect to the drone, had the Solid LED Green light on the RC. And as well as on the Drone between the Micro SD slot and sensor.

Still couldn't connect using the App, just said Disconnected.

After researching online and talking to a few ppl on Facebook groups, i came to upgrade the firmware on the Drone, and not the RC. There was no way i could get any notifications to say the RC needed any updates.... i cant connect to the Drone using the app so that wouldn't tell me nor would if i plugged into my laptop with a recent version of DJI Assistant 2.

Can i downgrade my firmware on the aircraft and go back o when i first had it out the box???
The controller just blinks green and red. I tried the combinations to link it back again using the controller but nothing.

I have noticed the camera roller, if i roll it the camera moves up and down so its still connecting or what??? Im confused.

In the recent software of DJI Assist i cant see any options to downgrade when i plug the aircraft in. I have found on the web that, the newest version of the software have taken out the downgrade option, therefore sounds like i need the older version of the DJI assistant software.

Please im desperate and cant afford both time or money to send back a dji store as im on St Helena Island in the South Atlantic...

Thks
Unlike the P2, this one uses a cable between the controller and phone. Are you connected with a cable?

Geo

After connecting the cable to your phone, did you swipe down from the top of the screen and set these USB settings?

Android-USB-Options-DJI-GO-4.jpg

how do i get that APP to show up like u did in the last screenshot?
You'll need to clear the default app like this. After doing that, you'll always be prompted to select the app as long as you choose "Just Once".

Did that but
You'll need to clear the default app like this. After doing that, you'll always be prompted to select the app as long as you choose "Just Once".

Did that but not working.

My main focus is to get the aircraft and RC paired again, can i download an older version of the DJI Assistant for my laptop an do a downgrade on the laptop? The new version on DJI website do not have the feature to downgrade only upgrade and i noticed a few searchs on the web said same thing. Which older version do i need? and where from ?

If you get your mobile device connected to your remote controller, you'll be able to update the firmware on the remote controller. That would be easier than trying to downgrade the Phantom firmware (which will leave you with the same problem).

Reactions: craig.williams
If you get your mobile device connected to your remote controller, you'll be able to update the firmware on the remote controller. That would be easier than trying to downgrade the Phantom firmware (which will leave you with the same problem).

THanks, thats what i am hoping for, i need to try on an apple device as my glalaxy S6 wont work

Just finished installing the App on an iPHone 6 and no luck.

The remote just blinks red and green. When the Aircraft is on.
If i put the aircraft off the LED on the Remote will stop flashing Red and Green it will then stay solid.

But i cannot get it to say gofly in the app i just get Disconnected in the bottom left corner. I not even had change to get the activation screen

I had the exact same issue with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet. Perfect out of the box. Nothing after upgrading the AC firmware to 01.04.0602. From what I've read, Samsungs are notorious for not playing nice with DJI.

I ended up rolling back the AC to v1.03.0509 till I got a connection again, then "downgraded" the RC which came with v01.03.01.00 to v01.04.01.00 via the app (press and hold the top right 3 lines on the app home screen), then I updated AC again to v1.03.0602 and that set everything right again. Effectively resetting everything to defaults and solving all the problems I was having. You might be able to just do the 2nd part since your AC is already v1.03.0602.

See my post here - New Firmware V01.04.0602

I also noticed what helped for me is to have everything turned off - including the tablet fully powered down - plug tablet into RC. Turn on RC, wait a minute, turn on AC, wait a minute, then turn on tablet and it all gets detected and connected first time every time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31