Issue with gimbal shake

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new here, just got a used DJI Phantom 3 Standard that needed the gimbal put back on and the yaw arm replaced. I repaired the phantom and it flys perfectly, the camera looks fine except that it has a slight shake to it.

When the drone is on the floor or a table there is no shake, the camera was recalibrated after I landed and reviewed the footage but I haven't taken it back up since.

Below is a link to a short clip of the issue.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas what might be causing this, I have also taken off the back cover of the camera to ensure that the gimbal pin is perfectly horizontal and not on a 45° angle causing a imbalance in the camera.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Allin

So I bought mine new from Target here in Oregon in January and have a similar problem. I have tried several things to fix the issue, but to no avail. My props are balanced, my IMU states it doesn't need to be calibrated and I haven't tried gimbal calibration yet.

Behold!! I went ahead and recalibrated the IMU and the Gimbal, per RodPad, and the problem is completely fixed!!! Two months of recording stuff with frustrations about the jello shakes and now NOTHING!!! Thank you RodPad!! You're awesome!!

Reactions: RodPad
Ok,
You made my day!
Farken A!

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not to imbark on your post rallin but rodpad do you think this might be the same issue i have?

Not to imbark on your post rallin but rodpad do you think this might be the same issue i have?
Make sure that the camera is tight on the gimbal motor, you'll want to check the screw that is under the ribbon cable that attaches the camera to the shaft, you can test without taking anything apart by holding the left side of the gimbal and see if the camera wobbles when grabbing it and trying to move it gently back / forth. That was the issue I had after a crash and it gave me the same exact wobble that happened every 1-2 seconds left-right. I removed the ribbon and tightened up the bolt on the shaft with blue lock tight never had the issue since.

Make sure that the camera is tight on the gimbal motor, you'll want to check the screw that is under the ribbon cable that attaches the camera to the shaft, you can test without taking anything apart by holding the left side of the gimbal and see if the camera wobbles when grabbing it and trying to move it gently back / forth. That was the issue I had after a crash and it gave me the same exact wobble that happened every 1-2 seconds left-right. I removed the ribbon and tightened up the bolt on the shaft with blue lock tight never had the issue since.
C
Anyway you can post a pic of which screw you are exactly talking about?. Im thinking you are talking about the screw thats under that ribbon that wraps around a time or two right next to the camera itself?

C

Anyway you can post a pic of which screw you are exactly talking about?. Im thinking you are talking about the screw thats under that ribbon that wraps around a time or two right next to the camera itself?
Yes that's exactly the screw I'm talking about.

Reactions: Rva1980

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.