Is this the gimbal vibration problem?

Reaction score
I am in the process of vetting my new P4P and running through the checklist here:

How to validate your new Phantom 4P. What to test for. .

During this process, I did notice a significant vibration. I could feel it in the arms where I was holding it and in the legs if holding it there. I took a video of what I did and you can hear the gimbal make a loud noise when tilting way left. You can even hear it on the video over the aircraft fan it is that loud. At one point, about 18 seconds into the video, it feels and sounds like a grinder. Also, if I hold the AC looking straight at me and I spin in place, of course the gimbal will swing left or right and there is also a significant vibration when I do this. I should mention that I did the 2-step gimbal calibration and this did seem to fix my camera pointing slightly to the left.

Here is the video I took.

TIA.

I took a video of what I did and you can hear the gimbal make a loud noise when tilting way left.
That's working as designed. The gimbal will rarely reach the end points mid-flight, so that shouldn't cause any issues with your footage.

Can a drone fly with 90 deg tilt? Answer is no. P4 can fly in GPS mode with max tilt of 25 degrees and can go as high as 42 deg in sports mode. That’s the permissible limits. Gimbal should work safely within these limits. Don’t try to manually tilt beyond these limits as gimbal motors movements will be blocked when they reach the end limits.

OK, good to know. I can start feeling the vibration about half way to the limit of the travel, just wasn't sure if that was normal or not. The camera I was using to film won't pick it up, but I could hear and feel a high frequency vibration. Thanks.

Don’t try to manually tilt beyond these limits as gimbal motors movements will be blocked when they reach the end limits.
Exception: During Compass Calibration

Can a drone fly with 90 deg tilt? Answer is no. P4 can fly in GPS mode with max tilt of 25 degrees and can go as high as 42 deg in sports mode. That’s the permissible limits. Gimbal should work safely within these limits. Don’t try to manually tilt beyond these limits as gimbal motors movements will be blocked when they reach the end limits.

I realize it doesn't go that far. The noise and vibration gets worse the farther it tilts. It starts about 25-30 degrees and really is noticeable when really tilted. I was just trying to get something that could be seem/heard.

Thanks.

You can balance the props. Also match props to the motors works well. I check the vibrations with an app on my phone. I touch the phone to the arm next to the motor and read the vibration level. Change the props till you get the lowest reading.

You can balance the props. Also match props to the motors works well. I check the vibrations with an app on my phone. I touch the phone to the arm next to the motor and read the vibration level. Change the props till you get the lowest reading.

Too risky to check the vibrations on running motors with props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94