Is anyone actually happy with their P4P??

Yes .. and the setting to shoot AEB which always stayed set in my previous DJI drones.
Cool, had to look that one up (AEB)! But sounds like something really helpful. Thanks!!

Yes .. and the setting to shoot AEB which always stayed set in my previous DJI drones.
Hey, Meta4, I just tried out AEB on my P4P+ and then rebooted both RC and UAV, it kept the 3 shot AEB setting...

Sounds like they aren't all lemons after all! If I have any issues with mine I'll send it back to DJI for a refund and just get another from Best Buy!

Sounds like they aren't all lemons after all! If I have any issues with mine I'll send it back to DJI for a refund and just get another from Best Buy!
I love mine, and the few bugs I've seen are easy to deal with, and will be de-bugged soon, I imagine.

Reactions: ramman1505
I have had one since Christmas and am really enjoying, only complaint is the "here" map which is poor in my area and i have the + and not sure if i will ever be able to get back to google maps.

I upgraded from the Phantom 4 (which I sold just before Christmas), and I'm really happy with the P4P+.

I'm most impressed with the (1) increase in dynamic range, (2) the lowlight capabilities, (3) the higher resolution stills and (4) the higher bitrate video that comes out of it. I didn't like the compression artifacts I got with the P4 when flying over dense foliage, but that problem is a thing of the past now. I thought I'd dislike the narrower FOV, but it actually looks great.

The only downside so far (which is my own making) is that it seems a bit more complicated to transfer original size photos directly to your phone if you chose the P4P+. I found a solution now by getting a microSD card reader that works directly on a phone. The brightness of the remote is brilliant though! I was flying in direct sunlight in Guam and it was still entirely usable.

In short: I'm a fan!

Had mine since early Dec. Absolutely love it! Had 2 P4's this year. Loved them but this new camera is a lot better! Video Transmission and RC signal seem a lot better than the P4. Having a couple tiny gimble glitches here and there but hopefully that's gone with new update. I flew 3 batteries today and don't think it glitched at all though. Super solid smooth bird! I also dealt with DJI Customer service this past year and they were great tbo! Got a gimble and fan replaced and back to me within 2 weeks under warranty.

Overall happy with the P4P. GPS signal loss is a real issue for me as I can't fly it at the moment with any confidence. Hopefully this will be sorted soon as it seems to affect a quite a few. Range issues also seem to be a problem. As with any new products this is not to be unexpected. I have no doubt once these things are sorted I will be very happy with mine. It may be worthwhile holding back until these bugs are ironed out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Overall happy with the P4P. GPS signal loss is a real issue for me as I can't fly it at the moment with any confidence. Hopefully this will be sorted soon as it seems to affect a quite a few. Range issues also seem to be a problem. As with any new products this is not to be unexpected. I have no doubt once these things are sorted I will be very happy with mine. It may be worthwhile holding back until these bugs are ironed out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah this GPS Loss issue is a nightmare! If it's very far away you can't tell what attitude it is to you to bring it back in ATTI. Very hard to fly with confidence then.

I just received my P4P and seem to have a faulty gimbal, which is getting returned for a replacement. Having said that, I'm still quite excited and happy with what this camera will be able to do. This is part of the reason I do business with B&H Photo instead of DJI direct... issues are going to happen with this technology. Some more serious issues make waiting for FW updates completely unacceptable which is why having a relatively quick return or exchange process with a reputable dealer a must.
Did you take out the little "shipping block" sitting on top of the gimbal, used for shipping purposes?

Someone said earlier you get 7 days to fly it around. I'd imagine if your not satisfied or it has issues you can get a replacement or give it back all together.
Good luck asking for a refund. I don't think DJI offers that do they?

Very happy with mine, even with the + controller issues. I am really glad I cancelled a Mavic order and got the P4P instead. Super easy to fly and a very decent camera for both video and images.

Very happy with my P4P, and the upgrade from P4 was well worth it, if only for the much improved picture quality. Only issues I have at the moment is a slight fear of loosing gps (happened only once so far) and a fading hope that dji will get their act together and give us a working log profile. Other than that, three thumbs up!

Did you take out the little "shipping block" sitting on top of the gimbal, used for shipping purposes?
Sure did, John. This is definitely a defective gimbal. I've tried every diagnostic I can to clear this issue up.

John Locke said:
Good luck asking for a refund. I don't think DJI offers that do they?
This is the other reason I use B&H. Yes, they farm-out returns/refunds to be processed by a third party, but you can just set-up a refund and have a new one shipped if time is an issue. Some of us do not live near Best Buys, and Amazon can be quite spotty on return issues as well (spoken from experience!)

Last edited:
My P4P is supposed to be here on Wednesday and I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake. There are so many threads dedicated to issues people are having I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth getting.
I have the P4P and I am very happy. I have been using a 3DR Solo for a year, so I am familiar with many basics that raise questions. That said, HOWEVER, there are many things that can be confusing, so just ask questions. For example, to turn the thing on you "double tap" and hold the second time. On the RC you tap the on button once, then again and hold while the lights progress to full on. For the aircraft, tap the button on the battery once, then again and hold until you hear the fan and the lights on the battery go full.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT