Is anyone actually happy with their P4P??

Reaction score
My P4P is supposed to be here on Wednesday and I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake. There are so many threads dedicated to issues people are having I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth getting.

Are you kidding? It's pretty phenomenal. Issues on first run DJI drones are pretty normal and they are a lot better at sorting them out than they used to be. And a number of those issues you are reading about might be considered "user errors". Read, learn, fly.

People usually complain when something is wrong. They usually keep quiet if they are happy with the product. I have one and I don't regret it. The image quality is amazing, the build quality is solid, features are great, good battery life and easy to fly.

My P4P is supposed to be here on Wednesday and I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake. There are so many threads dedicated to issues people are having I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth getting.
More than happy. I'm ecstatic about mine.
Yes there are complaining threads, but none about anything that prevents you getting great images that weren't possible before.
Some are trivial and the others are minor things and DJI will work on them with future firmware updates.
The worst thing I've found is that I have to reset a few of the camera settings before each flight.
If that's the worst, things aren't too bad.
Search and you'll find complaints about anything and everything.
But read between the lines to work out whether the complaints are valid, if they are important and whether the complainer actually knows what they are doing in the first place.

I have the P4P+ and I have had zero issues. Its been cold (30 - 50 F) but have managed to burn through about 6 - 8 batteries since Christmas. I have not had to calibrate, or upgrade firmware, etc.... Pretty much straight out the box the thing has worked as designed. Flying in a heavily wooded area I get about 2K feet range before the first sign of weak signal. I haven't pushed it. I have flown in very windy conditions (>20 mph) on the shoreline and the bird is rock steady. The screen is a little small, but its not that bad. I plan to supplement with FPV goggles anyhow. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones, but I am very happy with my purchase, as I would trust you will be as well.

Thank god! The biggest thing I see people complain about are shaking gambles and low signal strength. People are throwing in the towel on some of these threads! I'm glad to hear some people are happy with theirs.

Reactions: Cactuscarr
Thank god! The biggest thing I see people complain about are shaking gambles and low signal strength. People are throwing in the towel on some of these threads! I'm glad to hear some people are happy with theirs.
The low signal strength complaints would all or most be cured if the user understood that they can select 2.4GHz.

I just received my P4P and seem to have a faulty gimbal, which is getting returned for a replacement. Having said that, I'm still quite excited and happy with what this camera will be able to do. This is part of the reason I do business with B&H Photo instead of DJI direct... issues are going to happen with this technology. Some more serious issues make waiting for FW updates completely unacceptable which is why having a relatively quick return or exchange process with a reputable dealer a must.

I just received my P4P and seem to have a faulty gimbal, which is getting returned for a replacement. Having said that, I'm still quite excited and happy with what this camera will be able to do. This is part of the reason I do business with B&H Photo instead of DJI direct... issues are going to happen with this technology. Some more serious issues make waiting for FW updates completely unacceptable which is why having a relatively quick return or exchange process with a reputable dealer a must.
A have an osmo plus I ordered from BH photo, first ever order with them. It's essentially DOA and not working properly. Tried to setup an RMA exchange and they said I have to work with some 3rd party vendor for DJI products... Not good service to me. In my experience dealing with a 3rd party only delays things. I'd also have to wait for return, wait for verifying/process return (5 days for this step according to them), before they finally ship a replacement. Also not very good. It means I might finally get my working item two or more weeks after I originally bought it.

I'd rather use amazon or Best Buy.

In my experience dealing with a 3rd party only delays things. I'd also have to wait for return, wait for verifying/process return, before they finally ship a replacement. Also not very good. It means I might finally get my working item two weeks after I originally bought it.

Yes, it's a very sucky situation all the way around, but if you knew the delays that people have gone through with DJI direct, you might not think 2 weeks is bad at all. I've known it taking close to a month for someone to receive a replacement from DJI on a brand new Inspire that arrived DOA.

Yes, it's a very sucky situation all the way around, but if you knew the delays that people have gone through with DJI direct, you might not think 2 weeks is bad at all. I've known it taking close to a month for someone to receive a replacement from DJI on a brand new Inspire that arrived DOA.
Yea if these vendors are the only option then it is what it is. But with vendors like amazon and Best Buy available, BH policy is lacking. :(

Reactions: lumy
Extremely [emoji16]. It has exceeded every expectation i had for it and i'm learning more and more of what it's capable of. There's a few type of people complains on forums.

- People with real issues from faulty equipment.
- People who could have prevented problems with a little reading or practice but insist on blaming their equipment instead.
- People who wouldn't be happy even if their drone spit out money like an ATM.
- People who don't even own one and like to stir trouble.

I imagine if we could snap our fingers and make all but the first type disappear there would far less posts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The low signal strength complaints would all or most be cured if the user understood that they can select 2.4GHz.
Is that the setting you have to make each time you fly? I find myself doing the same thing...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20