iPad Pro

Reaction score
Anyone tried with iPad Pro yet? Can't imagine flying with a ipad pro.

too big, won't fit in the holder. I also do not believe the Go app is optimized for the screen size, so menus and such are stretched.

I saw someone on a Facebook group mention it works just fine. It'll definitely be large and in charge though.

Haha thanks . Yeh is waY to big

You'd look funny, but the vision would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Finally received my iPad Pro extender. I also replaced the bracket with a metal one. It seems sturdy enough but I might be using a lanyard with it. I have also had to go to 1.5 ft lightning cable to reach it. I just need to make or buy a sunshield for it.

Finally received my iPad Pro extender. I also replaced the bracket with a metal one. It seems sturdy enough but I might be using a lanyard with it. I have also had to go to 1.5 ft lightning cable to reach it. I just need to make or buy a sunshield for it.

Jim,

Have you flown with the iPad yet?

My wife has always wanted an iPad, so I told her that I would get one for her on the condition that I could use it when I fly the Phantom. I ordered a refurbished mini 2 for a great price from Amazon. It was such a good deal, that they cancelled my order because everyone else in the world ordered one as well, and the demand outstripped the supply.

So, the wife ordered herself an iPad4 before consulting with me, and so we now have a full size tablet. I was looking at those extensions on Amazon, but no one has reviewed any yet.

Also, where did you find the metal bracket?

Thanks,

PH

Jim,

Have you flown with the iPad yet?

My wife has always wanted an iPad, so I told her that I would get one for her on the condition that I could use it when I fly the Phantom. I ordered a refurbished mini 2 for a great price from Amazon. It was such a good deal, that they cancelled my order because everyone else in the world ordered one as well, and the demand outstripped the supply.

So, the wife ordered herself an iPad4 before consulting with me, and so we now have a full size tablet. I was looking at those extensions on Amazon, but no one has reviewed any yet.

Also, where did you find the metal bracket?

Thanks,

PH

This is the extender I bought from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019YWDBBY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

This is the metal Bracket at amazon also:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019EYM26W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I have flown it with the iPad Pro. It worked fine I just don't have a sunshield for it yet, so I still like my regular iPad on bright sunny days.

A black cloth over your head and the screen is better than any sun shield and very portable. One size fits all! :cool:

I pre ordered the new 9.7" iPad Pro last Thursday and it is being delivered this morning. Can't wait to get out and try it today. It's a good day to test the new anti glare screen also as its nice and sunny here for once in the UK!

I pre ordered the new 9.7" iPad Pro last Thursday and it is being delivered this morning. Can't wait to get out and try it today. It's a good day to test the new anti glare screen also as its nice and sunny here for once in the UK!
There's a big difference between readable in the sun, and optimal. No matter how good it looks in the sun, it will still look its best under a black cloth over your head and the screen. Try it and see. Looks like a great tablet, though! :cool:

This is the extender I bought from Amazon:

Amazon.com: XJJ DJI Phantom 3 Inspire 1 Transmitter LCD Monitor Holder Extended Part for 12.9" 13"Tablets 12.9inch Ipad Pro: Camera & Photo

This is the metal Bracket at amazon also:

Amazon.com: iFlight V2 DJI Remote Controller Replacement Unibody CNC Alloy Mobile Device Cellphone& Tablet Holder Mount Adapter for DJI Phantom 3 Professional,Advanced Transmitter: Toys & Games

I have flown it with the iPad Pro. It worked fine I just don't have a sunshield for it yet, so I still like my regular iPad on bright sunny days.

I have the extender as above and find the top lip is too small to fully hold in the iPad and a case. It will work but the lip doesn't go out far enough to hold it correctly.

Does anyone know if there is a bigger lip version available?

Reactions: Daddy-Rabbit
I have the extender as above and find the top lip is too small to fully hold in the iPad and a case. It will work but the lip doesn't go out far enough to hold it correctly.

Does anyone know if there is a bigger lip version available?
I use mine without a case. It is much more securely attached, and actually safer to use bare on the tablet holder, than if in a protective case, which won't mount as securely in the tablet holder.

Last edited:

I was looking at getting an iPad mini 4 until the 9.7" Pro was released. The 9.7" Pro looks like a very nice update, especially for other tasks besides flying. The only negative I see is the USB 2 transfer speeds, compared to USB 3 for the 12.9" model.

Let us know how the screen performs in the sun... :sunglasses:

I was looking at getting an iPad mini 4 until the 9.7" Pro was released. The 9.7" Pro looks like a very nice update, especially for other tasks besides flying. The only negative I see is the USB 2 transfer speeds, compared to USB 3 for the 12.9" model.

Let us know how the screen performs in the sun... :sunglasses:

Just been out and it is really sunny. I didn't adjust brightness or anything, just left it as it came out of the box and I could see everything really clearly. HUGE improvement!

Reactions: byrne68
Just been out and it is really sunny. I didn't adjust brightness or anything, just left it as it came out of the box and I could see everything really clearly. HUGE improvement!
I've also been thinking about getting the new Pro 9.7 to replace my old Air 2. I am a bit concerned since the Pro 9.7 is a couple of millimeters wider than the Air 2. I know how tight of a fit the Air 2 is in the holder. It basically just fits with room for one click to lock it in place. I'm afraid the Pro 9.7 may be just wide enough that the single click to lock it in the holder is no longer possible without a clunky extender.

Have you tried yet to put your Pro 9.7 in the holder?

Yes fits in fine and holds in place no issues, may be the same as the Air two, I know the extender was fully up but it slotted in and I pushed down to tighten and had no issues

Yes fits in fine and holds in place no issues, may be the same as the Air two, I know the extender was fully up but it slotted in and I pushed down to tighten and had no issues
Thanks sir.

Hmmm...
Price on the new 32GB 9.7" Pro is same as the 128GB Mini 4...$599.
Tempting, except I just got my 128GB Mini 4 for $499 at Best Buy. :confused:

Does anyone know if you have to still get the cellular version for the built in gps or do the wifi models now have gps built in on the pro models?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.