Ipad Mini shade needed

Reaction score
I am using a Ipad air on my P3P but it is on loan from my daughter and I think the Mini 2 would be much more comfortable to use. My concern is finding a sun shade that only attaches minimally to the Mini so as to let it be exposed as much as possible to the air for cooling. I made one for the Air out of cardboard with a full back and noticed hot it got. I cut out all of the back that I could and still have it work and it made a BIG difference in heat. Would like to find a commercially made one that does this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have this one for sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231582346353

PM if you're interested. Works nice and folds flat for storage.

Also selling a new wifi/cellular mini 2.

Mark.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435121799.409627.jpg

I just got this. It's great. Very, very happy with it for the price. Fast shipping as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/231582346353
I looked at that one but did not like the fact that the back is mostly covered with some holes. Overheating is a problem and I think one with the back mostly open would be much better.
I did just order the magnetic PadHat and will report back when It and the Mini arrive.

I've got the velcro version of the PadHat from Hoodivision for both the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2.

They work pretty well, with the iPad Air version having the slight edge, due to it being bigger and offering slightly better access to the top of the screen when the shade is in place.

Both do the job, though, and make things miles better when you're trying to fly in bright sunlight.

I have the PadHat Magnetic version for both my iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2 and once you figure out how to attach the magnetic part, which is across the top only, it works great. Best of all the iPad Air 2 still fits into the holder with it attached because the magnetic strip, which is sewed into the material, is very thin and there is no material on the back, so the pad runs cooler.

Was curious if you have noticed any overheating with your shade? Was looking at it on ebay and it looks pretty slick.

I didn't have any overheating issues. However, I'm in under 80 degree weather.

Mark.

I've got the velcro version of the PadHat from Hoodivision for both the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2.

They work pretty well, with the iPad Air version having the slight edge, due to it being bigger and offering slightly better access to the top of the screen when the shade is in place.

Both do the job, though, and make things miles better when you're trying to fly in bright sunlight.
I disagree. I got the magnet version from hoodivision for my iPad mini, I'm very disappointed. It's too floppy and the sticky tabs are worthless. They gave me Velcro but I ordered the magnet version because I don't want to stick Velcro on my iPad mini. The angle of the fit is way too steep also, blocking the view of the screen. This thing is pretty much worthless imo. I wish I could have bought it on Amazon, I'd return it in a second. My first shade is way better than this for less money.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic