iPad mini 2, Nvidia Shield K1, or Nexus 7 2nd Gen?

Do you happen to know if you can manually set the barometer, perhaps in a way similar to how you set the altimeter on an aeroplane using the current weather information from a local airport?
There is an app called Barometer & Altimeter that will let you set a reference pressure and/or altitude in the app, but I don't know if other apps like Auto Pilot will use those settings.

Thank you, everyone, for the very helpful posts. I just placed an order for an Nvidia Shield K1 from Jet.com for $166 after a 15% discount (promo code: 15NOW) and waiving free return shipping. :)

With that discount, it made for an easy decision. :)

Now that I know that my iPad 4th Gen isn't going to work, I'm looking for a dedicated tablet to use with my P3A. After trying to comb through the numerous threads, I've narrowed it down to these three. Which one should I get?

iPad mini 2 16GB WiFi/Cellular (Used) - $260
Nvidia Shield K1 (New) - $199
Nexus 7 from Google (7-inch, 16GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet (Used) - $115

Some people have commented that the DJIGo experience on iOS is superior, but I've not really seen any details about why this is so. Is it worth the extra $$ to get an iOS device and the iPad mini 2?

And, if not, then is the Nvidia Shield K1 worth the extra $$ for some reason? Quality of experience is important to me, as I would rather spend a little extra $$ than deal with frustrations from the tablet. Thoughts on the above? Or is there some other tablet I should consider within this price range that I've missed?

Cheers.
I was at Best Buy, the one near me had open box cellular Galaxy 8" tablets for $229, why isn't your iPad gonna work, is it a wifi model? Do you have personal hotspot on your cellphone where you can connect to your cell phone for data on your iPad?

I was at Best Buy, the one near me had open box cellular Galaxy 8" tablets for $229, why isn't your iPad gonna work, is it a wifi model? Do you have personal hotspot on your cellphone where you can connect to your cell phone for data on your iPad?

My iPad is not fast enough.

I've been happy with the Nexus 7 2013. I did a quick check and you can get a new one for $127 from cell2get.com. I don't know them but they have a very good rating (9.05) at ResellerRatings. Not long ago the price was as low as $105.

I checked and the one for $127 is not the nexus 7 2013. The Nexus 7 2013 has screen 1200 x 1920 pixels. The one for $127 has 800 x 1280 pixels and nvidia cpu. The 2013 is quad core snap dragon.

It is confusing.

I find it helpful to go to this site for spec and benchmarks. Look at the brightness benchmark for Nexus 7 2013.
Google Nexus 7 (2013) Benchmarks
Now you know what to shoot for in terms of brightness.

I've only used my note 5 for flying my P3P so far. I've only had it a week and flown it just about 6 times. Screen is great and phone works flawlessly. I'm also looking to buy a larger, designated tablet for flying. I was thinking about the iPad air 2. My question is, does it have to have cellular service to operate correctly? I've gotten some mixed information reading some of the forums. Thanks for the help.

does it have to have cellular service to operate correctly?
No. Just cache your maps in the DJI GO app before you head out to fly. Or, you could temporarily tether it to your phone to download the maps via your phone's cellular service.

Those of you that have the Nexus 7 (2013), do you experience video lag? If so, how bad. I'm using an iPhone6 + and it works great but I would like a tablet but I really don't want to spend the money on an ipad mini 4. Thanks in advance for your help. I think the Nexus will be great, but I've seen so many positive and negative comments about the Nexus 7.

Here is my experience so far:
nVidia Shield K1 - You will find the tablet runs out of battery overnight by doing nothing.

Anyone else facing this issue.. i have a tablet that does this now so curious if the Shield drains overnight???

Waiting for shipping on one via amazon so if this is the case will cancel.

Anyone else facing this issue.. i have a tablet that does this now so curious if the Shield drains overnight???

Waiting for shipping on one via amazon so if this is the case will cancel.
I have left mine on for 2-3 days & nights and as long as I close out any apps or games running in the background, I have never had an issue with the battery draining that fast.

Reactions: AL T
I have left mine on for 2-3 days & nights and as long as I close out any apps or games running in the background, I have never had an issue with the battery draining that fast.
+1
If you close the running apps, it stays charged for days...

Reactions: AL T
These are the DJI officially supported devices...

• iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
Hi
New guy here
I have an LG V10 android phone (marshmallow v.6.1) this is a killer device with 128 gigs available. Is this supported now or will it be soon?

Hi
New guy here
I have an LG V10 android phone (marshmallow v.6.1) this is a killer device with 128 gigs available. Is this supported now or will it be soon?
Best way to find out is to go to the app store and download the DJI Go-App. I bought a Verizon Ellipsis 10 and it wasn't listed either but works great. I think that as long as it has 5.1 lollipop or better it's good to go but you can easily check it out and then let us know. I loaded the app, started the rc and everything, and saw that it worked and went flying :)

Thanks
Its all good working great on the V10
haven't crashed yet
Looking forward to some nice flight videos

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member