Invalid SD card

Reaction score
I’ve tried 3 brand new cards and they don’t work. Installed straight out of the package.

I’ve also tried diskpart clean and SD Card formatter. Along with formatting on my Canon camera first.

Even without a disk inserted I get invalid sd card error. Is that normal?

Attachments

• CFB4FBF9-23FF-4453-A576-CF99FD79B5AE.jpeg
    CFB4FBF9-23FF-4453-A576-CF99FD79B5AE.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 186
I had a SD card do that to me one time. It was just a bad SD card and I had to return it. It wouldn't work in my camera or computer or anyting. Does your card work in any of the other devices?

Even without a disk inserted I get invalid sd card error. Is that normal?

No it should just show no card, red circle with a line through it at the on device record button.

That does strongly suggest a bigger problem.

No problem inserting and removing the card, in and out smoothly with no hang ups at any point?

As in no bent pins in the slot?

Hi, Sorry to say but it does sound like an issue with the SD card board.

You don't say why you were putting these new cards into you drone. What happened to the original card that you had presumably been using? Have you tried inserting the original SD card?

It sounds like a long shot but a post on this forum in 2016 reported solving this issue on a P3 - Sorry but I did not copy the name of the person posting this info:

Oct 25, 2016
Some of you may have saw my original post about this issue i was having with my P3 Standard but i just thought i would make a separate thread with the solution as when i was searching to find out how to fix the issue it seems to be a very common problem with the Phantom 3 Standard, this may also work with Advanced and Pro but can't say for certain.

I had lost my original 8gb Sandisc Ultra that comes with the drone and was struggling to find a compatible replacement, i bought the exact same card as the original but larger capacity ( 16gb ) and was still just getting the Invalid sd card message and wouldn't let me format. I tried all sorts trying different formats via computer.

After lots of head scratching i ended up fixing it. For some reason decided to copy an old video i previously recorded on my P3 Standard ( file was still original name ) to the new 16gb card i got i then put this in the drone and it worked, recording fine and then allowed me to format in the DJI APP ! When i put the card back into the computer it had created 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA.

So this seems to be the solution with new sd cards create 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA.

If that still dose not work then try copying an old video previously captured but the P3S then put the sd card in the drone.

Hope this helps anyone in future with this problem.

Reactions:Squirrel! and tiziano

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost