Invalid Battery

Reaction score
Guys,

Today I was ready to fly and when the P2V connected to the app there is wagon the screen "Invalid Battery" Switched "on" and "off" a few times and nothing, changed to my #2 battery and all good. After I landed I try the trouble battery again and sure enough "Invalid battery" took it out, pressed the pons a few times and worked perfect. Just hovered that battery until I got the warning and landed.

Now here is my question:

I have read a few posts and it appears that with the new firmware even if I get this warning in flight it should not fall like a piano, is this correct?

this bird is not den a month old and I bought it from B&H so returning it is not an issue, I don't mind keeping it knowing that overall it will stay there till I land, but if this is going to land on someones head I really want your opinion on what I should do.

Thanks in advance

Yes, if it happens in the air you'll get an advisory message but it will stay up. If you get it on the ground, it won't let you take off. If you get it again, rather than power cycle you should take out the battery and reseat it. That should clear it most of the time. If you keep getting it then clean the data pins and the battery contact pads with alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner. If you do that regularly it should reduce those instances of getting the error before take off.

Oh, and you can't ever guarantee it won't fall - it's a complex high-tech device that flies through the air, all manner of things might go wrong (electronic, mechanical failure, pilot error). So try and fly accordingly and don't fly over people or anything else you wouldn't want to damage. :)

Pull_Up said:
Yes, if it happens in the air you'll get an advisory message but it will stay up. If you get it on the ground, it won't let you take off. If you get it again, rather than power cycle you should take out the battery and reseat it. That should clear it most of the time. If you keep getting it then clean the data pins and the battery contact pads with alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner. If you do that regularly it should reduce those instances of getting the error before take off.

Oh, and you can't ever guarantee it won't fall - it's a complex high-tech device that flies through the air, all manner of things might go wrong (electronic, mechanical failure, pilot error). So try and fly accordingly and don't fly over people or anything else you wouldn't want to damage. :)

I'm with you mate.

I have something I use on my electric guitars to clean contacs and reduce hum and stuff. Maybe that will help.

Thanks for clearing this up, I just didnt want to get a sudden stop of the motors in flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers