Intermittent Disconnect problem P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a used Phantom 3 Advanced and I am having intermittent problems. I set up the drone in my house to test it and it would not connect. No matter what order I used to turn things on I get a Disconnect and the grey bar. The controller works. I then go to the park and it works fine. I then walk down the street and it won't connect. I then go back to the park and it connects. I keep it turned on and walk back to the 'down the road' spot watching the video feed all the way and it stays connected. I then shut down and restart and it starts up fine. I take it to the house of the guy I bought from and it works fine and he said he rarely has any issues.
Is there a very specific order in which one should start up the items. It seems I have the most luck connecting the phone (or tablet, I've tried both and had slightly more luck with he phone than the tablet but both have failed and both have succeeded) via the cable, keeping it turned off while turning on the controller then turning on the drone then turning on the phone. But that hasn't always worked either.
I am wanting to use this for real extate photography so I need to be able to reliably connect or my realtors will have my hide!
Thanks for any help or pointers you can offer.
Phil

Is there a very specific order in which one should start up the items.
Not "Officially" no, but this has always worked for me:

1) Connect Device To RC
2) Turn on Device ( Awake from Sleep)
3) Turn On RC
4) Power Up AC

This is with Android 7.....IOS may differ, but it should work fine that way. Might want to try another USB cable as well.

When getting ready to fly one day I thought I would get everything ready inside my home first
Nothing would work
Went outside and everything booted up and took off flying
Had all kind of errors etc would not connect etc
Went out to my regular spot outside and everything worked
Good luck thought I would share that with you

It's odd that moving to a different spot fixes the issue considering the RC connects to the device using USB. location should have no effect on that. And as said above, i always connect my device with the RC off, wake my device then power on the RC which auto starts dji go. (Android 8)

Make sure the usb cable is plugged in securely. Wiggle and flex the cable while you have a connection to see if that causes a "disconnected". Try yet another device.
I bought a Samsung Tab S2 not knowing it was a model
(SM-T 713) that has problems connecting to the RC. I have tried dozens of "techniques", and none are consistent. Still looking for a consistent fix. :(
Good Luck / Good Flyin to ya

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl