Install OpenWRT WebUI on Repeater/P2V+

Last update for the P2V+ was after juli 2014. Does someone have installed the WebGUI and installed the latest firmware updates after then without any problem?

I tried to login with wifi only with no luck.
I was up to opkg update which was failing and I was sorting that out when I had the reboot.
Ran a port scan on 22 and saying closed. Any other way in?

poudenes said:
Last update for the P2V+ was after juli 2014. Does someone have installed the WebGUI and installed the latest firmware updates after then without any problem?

I had the WebUI installed, applied the latest update, WebUI still installed and no ill effects.

LK

ckandelaars said:
I tried to login with wifi only with no luck.
I was up to opkg update which was failing and I was sorting that out when I had the reboot.
Ran a port scan on 22 and saying closed. Any other way in?

There's no other way in that I'm aware of.

Let's verify a few things ...
* P2V is on
* Repeater is on
* Computer is on the Repeater's WiFi
* With the computer on the Repeater's WiFi, issue:
- ping 192.168.1.1 (you can Ctrl-C after 1 ping attempt, successful or not)
* Query the ARP table:
- For Windows, issue: arp -a
- For Linux/Mac, issue: arp -an
* Provide the output from that command (specifically, I'm looking for the MAC associated with 192.168.1.1)

And is there a option to bring the Repeater and Phantom back to factory settings without the WebUI?

Can ping ok and ports 23,53,80 are open. don't you mean 192.168.1.2 ?
There is no link between the repeater and the phantom.

Last login: Thu Sep 18 21:09:48 on ttys000
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$ ping 192.168.1.2
PING 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=3.142 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=13.148 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=1.621 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=1.784 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=3.930 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=4.587 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=2.038 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=2.965 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=2.421 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=9 ttl=64 time=1.301 ms
^C
--- 192.168.1.2 ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.301/3.694/13.148/3.303 ms
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$ arp -an
? (192.168.1.2) at 60:60:1f:61:9f:2b on en1 ifscope [ethernet]
? (192.168.1.255) at ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff on en1 ifscope [ethernet]
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$

poudenes said:
And is there a option to bring the Repeater and Phantom back to factory settings without the WebUI?

For the WiFi portion of the Repeater and the P2V+, there's no "restore to factory" feature. On the repeater, you can press the 'Re-sync' button which will clear the WiFi config, but doesn't touch any of the rest of the systems contents.

ckandelaars said:
Can ping ok and ports 23,53,80 are open. don't you mean 192.168.1.2 ?
There is no link between the repeater and the phantom.

Last login: Thu Sep 18 21:09:48 on ttys000
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$ ping 192.168.1.2
PING 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=3.142 ms
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$ arp -an
? (192.168.1.2) at 60:60:1f:61:9f:2b on en1 ifscope [ethernet]
MacBook-Pro:~ chriskandelaars$

-- Ya, I meant the 192.168.1.2 address... sorry about any confusion..

Thanks for the details. This allowed me to confirm that you were indeed connected to the right network and testing the connection to the Repeater. You could try the 're-sync' button on the Repeater and see if you can get a link to come up using the DJI Vision app to sync the Repeater with the Phantom. There's nothing else you can do to get SSH back unless you already have the web interface operational.

LK

ckandelaars said:
Is there no way of getting access through the other open ports?

The only thing the other ports provide is a means of querying the battery level and adjusting the WiFi network settings. At least that's all that is exposed via the DJI Vision app. If those features are still functional, you should be able to at least continue to use the repeater in it's usual fashion.

Thanks,
LK

Now that DCI has exposed PVFlyers "Interference Control Algorithm", I'd like to understand how to ensure the power levels are set automatically each time the Phantom boots up.

I plan on installing WebUI thanks to the excellent instructions in this post, but has anyone confirmed that Phantom power can be adjusted using the GUI because there's no clear answer on previous posts in the thread (unless I missed it)?

Alternatively, I'd like to see if this £5.99 one liner (this price hurts now considering the type of quality games you can get for 69p) can be used in a startup script somewhere without needing to install WebUI. Ideally just ssh into the Phantom, position these commands to start on boot, and then leave as is?

Code:
iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1300 && iw phy phy0 set distance 1000 && exit

On a side note, what does "iw phy phy0 set distance 1000" actually do?

LinuxKidd, earlier on you mentioned you planned to do some tests of the Phantoms power output during a flight - did you manage to do this in the end? I ask because DCI found the following loop which would imply it monitors the power output and change it back to 13dbi on the fly. If this could be included in a start up script then that would be ideal!

Code:
#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 ] ; do
       TESTSTR="`/tmp/iwinfo wlan0 info | grep Tx-Power | cut -d ":" -f2 | cut -d " " -f2`"
       if [ "$TESTSTR" != "13" ] ; then
               iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1300
               iw phy phy0 set distance 1000
       fi
       sleep 5
done
Could the above be the infamous Interference Control Algorithm?

Personally, I don't see why we would need to "monitor" the power level. I can't see why it would change the value itself, I highly doubt it's coded elsewhere to dynamically change the value depending on certain conditions. If you set it to a certain dB, it should stay there.

I think this was also part of the gimic of the booster app.

Unless someone wants to enlighten me?

I have installed the WebUI and done a cursory look around. I did not see anywhere that the power could be adjusted. I will check further and post if I do find it.

job2310 said:
Correct, but bird side even if changed the output seems to stay at 3dBm, at least for me.
That's because of a small glitch in /lib/wifi/mac80211.sh, it applies "txpower fixed" value to IF instead of PHY, even if it's located in the radio section of config. While this should work as well, in fact it's acting like "txpower limit" is applied, i.e. txpower is set automatically between 0 and the value you've specified.
This behavior may be fixed by inserting lines
Code:
[ -n "$txpower" ] && iw phy "$phy" set txpower fixed "${txpower%%.*}00"
txpower=""
just before this line (should be line #326)
Code:
[ -n "$distance" ] && iw phy "$phy" set distance "$distance"
with this patch I've never seen txpower reading to differ from the value set in LuCI.

allemtura said:
Now that DCI has exposed PVFlyers "Interference Control Algorithm", I'd like to understand how to ensure the power levels are set automatically each time the Phantom boots up.
If you're not afraid of linux console, you may just vi /etc/config/wireless and set the following params in the radio section.
Code:
        option distance '1000'
        option txpower '14'
You're also may have to apply the above patch. This will make power setting permanent.

allemtura said:
DCI found the following loop
Just to clarify, original fpvbooster is a native ELF binary, I've written that shell script to illustrate its internal logic and make the published disassembled code easier to read for anyone who dares.

dci said:
job2310 said:
Correct, but bird side even if changed the output seems to stay at 3dBm, at least for me.
That's because of a small glitch in /lib/wifi/mac80211.sh, it applies "txpower fixed" value to IF instead of PHY, even if it's located in the radio section of config. While this should work as well, in fact it's acting like "txpower limit" is applied, i.e. txpower is set automatically between 0 and the value you've specified.
This behavior may be fixed by inserting lines
Code:
[ -n "$txpower" ] && iw phy "$phy" set txpower fixed "${txpower%%.*}00"
txpower=""
just before this line (should be line #326)
Code:
[ -n "$distance" ] && iw phy "$phy" set distance "$distance"
with this patch I've never seen txpower reading to differ from the value set in LuCI.

That worked a treat, thanks very much!

Great work linuxkidd.

Question:

After I install openwrt lucI, can I change the number of satellites from 6 to 5, in order to stay in Naza mode?

Thank you

Great work Linuxkidd

Question:

After I install openwrt lucI, can I change the satellite number from 6 to 5 in order to stay in the Naza mode?

Thank you
Stdquad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT