Install OpenWRT WebUI on Repeater/P2V+

Stdquad said:
...After I install openwrt lucI, can I change the number of satellites from 6 to 5, in order to stay in Naza mode?

Unfortunately, the system which handles flight and all the features associated there-with are completely separate from the WiFi system. The OpenWRT portion where we install LuCI is only used to relay serial data from the flight module.. There may be a capability built into the serial protocol to talk back to the NAZA controller, but it's not documented or known at this time.

If you're having issues maintaining good GPS lock, you should check out Simon Newton's video:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmBdhHLIUes[/youtube]

Hope this helps!
LK

dci said:
allemtura said:
Now that DCI has exposed PVFlyers "Interference Control Algorithm", I'd like to understand how to ensure the power levels are set automatically each time the Phantom boots up.
If you're not afraid of linux console, you may just vi /etc/config/wireless and set the following params in the radio section.
Code:
        option distance '1000'
        option txpower '14'
You're also may have to apply the above patch. This will make power setting permanent.

Thank you DCI, but just to clarify, do you need the single quotes around the numbers when setting the options permanently in /etc/config/wireless? I ask because on my Phantom, the txpower option under radio doesn't have quotes? I guess it doesn't make a difference?

Code:
option txpower 7

Also what does the 'distance' option do? Any ideas why it's set to 1000?

thanks.

allemtura said:
...do you need the single quotes around the numbers when setting the options permanently in /etc/config/wireless? I ask because on my Phantom, the txpower option under radio doesn't have quotes? I guess it doesn't make a difference?

Quotes or no.. doesn't make a difference on that parameter. The are only necessary on fields which have spaces or otherwise 'special' characters.

allemtura said:

My understanding is that it adjusts the WiFi system's delays on waiting for packet round-trip time.

Higher distance value, the longer the WiFi radio will wait before considering a packet dropped and will retransmit.

LK

linuxkidd said:
allemtura said:

My understanding is that it adjusts the WiFi system's delays on waiting for packet round-trip time.

Higher distance value, the longer the WiFi radio will wait before considering a packet dropped and will retransmit.
That's correct, this feature is documented quite well for madwifi here, it's pretty much the same for atheros via mac80211.

I edited /etc/config/wireless and tried that trick a week or so back when I was playing around and it made no difference.
I confirmed with iwconfig it was not changing. I also tried uci set wireless.radio0.txpower=17 and then uci get wireless.radio0.txpower showed 17 but iwconfig showed no change.

To get it to change I looked in the source code of one of the booster apps (the one with the data logger) and copied what they did

phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700

After that iwconfig confirmed it had changed to 17dbm.
It looks as if something is different in the versions of phantoms as one of the threads showed what you guys are saying, another said to use "uci".

Would suggest you install iwconfig to confirm it works.

Anyways I added the phy phy0 blah blah to /etc/init.d/wireless (I think it was that from memory) in a few places.. start and restart (just in case) and now its perm set .

*edit* If you try to install iwconfig (wireless-tools) and get the 404 error follow what this guy did and you'll be able to download the pkg update and wireless-tools.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15771&start=60#p249963

justin00, have you been hacking the hackers again?

When you say iwconfig it had changed to 17dbm, is the 17dbm you referred to as changed text, or 17dbm changed output?

hi ,

when i do opkg update,
the following info show up,

"wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ackages.gz, wget returned 1.
netstat -pln can see the following :

tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 27972/dropbear

can any tell me whats wrong shun i install?

Thanks
TJ

Hi TJ,

I had the same issue when I was configuring my second Phantom.

I suggested this fix due to the changes that openwrt project have made to their directory structure.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17704&start=110#p228612

While the fix worked for me, I must mention that I don't know why openwrt changed their directory structure and what effect this would have. I had a look at the situation and decided to make changes that worked for me, but people should be aware that I take no responsibility if anything breaks.

HI HunterSk

Thanks. its work...
but do you know who the change the wifi channel on repeater
Locked to channel 4 used by Client "FC200_XXXX" message show up my web .

Thanks

Hi tjlei,

Change the WiFi channel on the Phantom aircraft side (IP: 192.168.1.1). The repeater will then lock onto the same channel as the aircraft.

In addition, I should point out the following link (written by dci on this thread). This will allows txpower to be set properly from the Web UI.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17704&start=130#p251028

Update: My second paragraph has been amended. dci informed me that his patch "allows to actually set txpower in fixed mode from uci".

HI HunterSk

i can't get into 192.168.1.1 , it always tell me BAD Getway,
but i can set up the FC200_XXXX interface from 192.168.1.2 , Does it right?

Thanks
TJ

Hi tjlei,

192.168.1.1 is IP address of the Phantom aircraft
192.168.1.2 is IP address of your WiFi repeater

You should be able to log into the aircraft via the WiFi repeater. I would try and investigate this to rule out other issues that might be affecting you.

Alternatively, you can connect to the aircraft directly but this requires a bit more work (you need to manually set your computer to a static IP address and turn off DHCP). Refer to:

"Now, Configure your Phantom:"

http://phantommods.info/encrypt-phantom-wifi/

HunterSK said:
Hi tjlei,

Change the WiFi channel on the Phantom aircraft side (IP: 192.168.1.1). The repeater will then lock onto the same channel as the aircraft.

In addition, I should point out the following link (written by dci on this thread). This will allow LuCI to reflect the actual WIFI Tx Power, as I found installing "iwconfig" did not run and so had no way to confirm WiFi power.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17704&start=130#p251028
LuCI always displays txpower correctly. That patch allows to actually set txpower in fixed mode from uci.

I have gotten this mod installed on my repeater, but I cannot for the life of me get it to manually configure or change the wan wifi connection. my problem is that I don't have a working camera on my phantom and i'm trying to get the repeater to work with a gopro. i'm very good with Linux and networking, and I know there are some ip address space related hurdles I have to overcome. right now I can't even get the configuration to match up with what i'm putting in the luci gui. I tell it I want to set up a second wireless network in wds station mode and it still shows up as ap or master mode. Can someone with a working repeater upload their /etc/config/wireless file? the easiest way to do this would be to go into the interface and navigate the menu to system > backup/flash firmware. on that page, in the backup/restore section, click the button labeled generate archive next to download backup. this will create a zipped file for you to download. open the tar.gz file and then look at the /etc/config/wireless file in a text editor. it may not be formatted prettily using basic notepad in windows because of the Linux line ending characters. or just simply upload that whole file- it's a tiny text file. if you'd like, you can change the ssid and bssid sections to some random numbers since those would have information specific to your phantom.
pretty much I just want to take a working config that can connect to a phantom camera correctly and modify it manually to suit my needs.

it should look something like this with perhaps a few extra sections at the end that I am missing

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'mac80211'
option channel '1'
option txpower '12'
option hwmode '11ng'
option path 'platform/ar934x_wmac'
option htmode 'HT20'
list ht_capab 'LDPC'
list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
list ht_capab 'TX-STBC'
list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
option disabled '0'
option country 'US'

config wifi-iface
option device 'radio0'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option wds '1'
option ssid 'Phantom_xxxxxx'
option encryption 'none'

allemtura said:
Code:
iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1300 && iw phy phy0 set distance 1000 && exit

On a side note, what does "iw phy phy0 set distance 1000" actually do?

LinuxKidd, earlier on you mentioned you planned to do some tests of the Phantoms power output during a flight - did you manage to do this in the end? I ask because DCI found the following loop which would imply it monitors the power output and change it back to 13dbi on the fly. If this could be included in a start up script then that would be ideal!

Can you confirm that changing the 'distance' value would help for packet latency if the bird is far away? My understanding from reading on the web is that when changing the 'distance' value it needs to be done on all devices in the wifi bridge (Mobile Device, Bird and Range Extender) to be effective. Otherwise the device with the lowest 'distance' value would time out even if others are set at a higher value.

HI Huntersk

At Phantom ,Do you know why the TX power always stay at 20dbm, after i setup it for 27 dbm,
do i forget something?

Thanks

TJ

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2014-10-26 下午10.31.25.png
    螢幕快照 2014-10-26 下午10.31.25.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 704
Hi TJ, My experience is that the Repeater is adaptive for the TX power and didn't need to change manually. Changing on the PV2+ made the difference.

tjlei said:
HI Huntersk
At Phantom ,Do you know why the TX power always stay at 20dbm, after i setup it for 27 dbm,
do i forget something?

Thanks

TJ

There are a few posts a page or two back from DCI about this. The problem revolves around an incorrect setting in a DJI provided shell script. DCI provides the details to correct this and it's been tested to work well.

LK

You sure it supports more than 20dbm ??

Using iw phy blah blah it won't go over 20dbm... even if I set it t 30dbm (3000 in iw blah blah) etc etc..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl