Install OpenWRT WebUI on Repeater/P2V+

According the fly test these days 13dbm to 15 dbm for P2V+ TX power is longest distance,
20 dbm ? Yes i test the SNR is better 13 dbm by wifi tool, but it just wifi tool.:)

Is it normal to see a "?" instead of the FC200 camera IP address in the webUI /network/wifi tab while connected to the repeater (192.168.1.2)?
I am trying to troubleshoot a possible communication issue between the app and my P2V+.
Everything is working fine except that the app is not able to get an image from the camera (I get the only the ios connection spinning icon).
Should I normally be able to ping 192.168.1.10 when connected to the P2V+ network?

EC225Flyer said:
Is it normal to see a "?" instead of the FC200 camera IP address in the webUI /network/wifi tab while connected to the repeater (192.168.1.2)?
Ya, this is normal. It occurs because the repeater is not providing the FC200 IP address via DHCP. The FC200 is statically configured.

EC225Flyer said:
Should I normally be able to ping 192.168.1.10 when connected to the P2V+ network?
It's my experience that I can indeed ping the camera IP ( 192.168.1.10 ) when connected to the P2V+ / Repeater network.

Are you getting any other data in the Vision app? Battery level of the P2V+, compass orientation, gps details, etc... It's been my experience that when my camera / gimbal assembly was not connected, none of these details were available. Actually... even the P2V+ ip wasn't accessible w/o the gimbal attached.

LK

Its wierd how it works... from memory Re has the dhcp server...but why the hell is that RE/phantom-xxxxxx AP only accessible if its connected to Csm AP. .. even if the cam did DHCP you should still be able to connwct to RE AP (phantom-xxxxxxx).

Which option in linux is telling the RE not to act as an AP unless RE is connected to camera???.

Hi There,

On mac im stuck by downloading the Packages.gz

root@Phantom:~# opkg update
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ackages.gz.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ackages.gz, wget returned 1.

When i check the link itself i see a Packages.gz on this link:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/ ... ackages.gz

How can i update with: opkg update ?

Even the fix does not work:
change the /etc/opkg.conf
src/gz barrier_breaker http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_br ... c/packages

Hi All,

Have read almost everything but still can't find (or i didnt see) what best settings are:
General Setup:
- Transmit Power : 0 to 27dBm (what does it do .. ? )

HT Mode (802.11n) 20MHz or 40Mhz
Country Code (Im in Netherlands but setting is US)
Distance Optimazation
Fragmentation Thresshold
RTC/CTS Threshold

Thanks a lot smart guys,

Peter

linuxkidd said:
EC225Flyer said:
Ya, this is normal. It occurs because the repeater is not providing the FC200 IP address via DHCP. The FC200 is statically configured.
Thanks for the info.
linuxkidd said:
EC225Flyer said:
It's my experience that I can indeed ping the camera IP ( 192.168.1.10 ) when connected to the P2V+ / Repeater network.

Are you getting any other data in the Vision app? Battery level of the P2V+, compass orientation, gps details, etc... It's been my experience that when my camera / gimbal assembly was not connected, none of these details were available. Actually... even the P2V+ ip wasn't accessible w/o the gimbal attached.

LK
Everything is working fine (GPS details, battery status, camera tilt, camera still shots & video) except no video feedback from PV+ to the App.
DJI wants me to send the unit for repair however I prefer to do all possible troubleshooting myself first before loose it for probably a month or two...

The ribbon cable split into 3 parts on the camera end of it.
I am assuming that video output is the small 4 wires sideway section of it and I will check it for continuity later on today.

Any other troubleshooting idea from the webUI side?
Thanks for help so far, much appreciated.

EC225Flyer

EC225Flyer said:
Everything is working fine (GPS details, battery status, camera tilt, camera still shots & video) except no video feedback from PV+ to the App.
DJI wants me to send the unit for repair however I prefer to do all possible troubleshooting myself first before loose it for probably a month or two...

The ribbon cable split into 3 parts on the camera end of it.
I am assuming that video output is the small 4 wires sideway section of it and I will check it for continuity later on today.

Any other troubleshooting idea from the webUI side?
Thanks for help so far, much appreciated.

EC225Flyer

Unfortunately, there's nothing else that can be done from the WebUI side. You could ssh into the camera ( ip 192.168.1.10 / pw: 123456 ), but not sure if there'd be anything there to look at, or if it's even on the network at all.

I did find a post shortly ago detailing a means of adding FPV to a camera other than the P2V+ stock camera. The person did this by tapping into the video carrying wires that go from the gimbal base plate up to the Phantom. You could tap into those wires with an external Analog RCA video display to see if the cam is actually putting anything out. This would help eliminate the camera or the Phantom as the source of the problem. I'll see if I can find a link to that post... (it's around here somewhere...)

LK

Doing some work on the wifi module, hardware side - heat related. I came across this, once the chip was identified, thought it maybe of interest if not known...not sure. I was actually just googling to find some hardware specs, again heat related.

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/15448

My chip was: atheros AR9342-8L1A

You guys on the software side are way smarter than I, I am as y'all refer to as a user...

dci said:
LuCI always displays txpower correctly. That patch allows to actually set txpower in fixed mode from uci.

Is there a reason to lock the power? would it be better to let it manage power setting as needed and just set max to 13?

One other note. On the Extender(192.168.1.2) in the Interfaces -> LAN area, go to DHCP Server -> Advanced settings and set DHCP-Options to 3 and it will not hand out a default gateway IP to your mobile device. This allows the Vision+ app to work and control everything, but also 3G data to work. So loading maps in Ground Station will work while connected to the Vision+. See attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 692
Phantom 2 Vision+ Default configuration

I did run firstboot in the phantom 2 vision+ and cause the system no longer answer the DJI app for the FPV control. The Wifi is now visible and I have to login from telnet to create password for root and then login though ssh.

After checking the ssh console and I believe all factory setting has been lost and I am no longer to be able to rebuild it even I try restore the firmware plus.bin from DJI site.

The current only option for me is sent it back to DJI for repairing but it definitely take weeks. I would like to see any kind one in the forum can help to copy your config file to me and let me to start on and fix the problem myself.

Since P2V+ wifi part is just an common OpenWRT and all config and change beside the rom should be in /overlay. Would there a kind one can pack up (by TAR or ZIP) his entire /overlay and sent me a copy. Ofcoz there are sensitives file such as /etc/shadow that contain root password mash and /etc/config/wireless that contain the hidden WIFI SSID. So, may be you can just ignore those files.

A simple command will be good enough to backup all the configuration:

scp -r [email protected]:/overlay ~/Downloads/

Lastly, I really need this config file and please someone kind enough to offer me a hand.

Re: Phantom 2 Vision+ Default configuration

I got it for you.. its 111kb
Can I email it to you ? if so, pm me your address.

btw you will need to edit this file
/etc/rst_wireless.sh
and take out " iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700 "
I put that in the file in a few spots to manually set the power to 17dbm on start, reboot etc etc.

*edit* wait did you want the RE which is 192.168.1.1 or the Phantom which is 192.168.1.1

I got both, the phantom is 1.9mb and you will need to edit
/etc/watchdog_wireless.sh and remove " iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700 " from a few sptts in that file.

Let me know which you need.

BTW I don't have the OpenWRT WebUI installed but I doubt that makes any diff....

pikaman said:
I did run firstboot in the phantom 2 vision+ and cause the system no longer answer the DJI app for the FPV control. The Wifi is now visible and I have to login from telnet to create password for root and then login though ssh.

After checking the ssh console and I believe all factory setting has been lost and I am no longer to be able to rebuild it even I try restore the firmware plus.bin from DJI site.

The current only option for me is sent it back to DJI for repairing but it definitely take weeks. I would like to see any kind one in the forum can help to copy your config file to me and let me to start on and fix the problem myself.

Since P2V+ wifi part is just an common OpenWRT and all config and change beside the rom should be in /overlay. Would there a kind one can pack up (by TAR or ZIP) his entire /overlay and sent me a copy. Ofcoz there are sensitives file such as /etc/shadow that contain root password mash and /etc/config/wireless that contain the hidden WIFI SSID. So, may be you can just ignore those files.

A simple command will be good enough to backup all the configuration:

scp -r [email protected]:/overlay ~/Downloads/

Lastly, I really need this config file and please someone kind enough to offer me a hand.

Re: Phantom 2 Vision+ Default configuration

justin00 said:
I got it for you.. its 111kb
Can I email it to you ? if so, pm me your address.

btw you will need to edit this file
/etc/rst_wireless.sh
and take out " iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700 "
I put that in the file in a few spots to manually set the power to 17dbm on start, reboot etc etc.

*edit* wait did you want the RE which is 192.168.1.1 or the Phantom which is 192.168.1.1

I got both, the phantom is 1.9mb and you will need to edit
/etc/watchdog_wireless.sh and remove " iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 1700 " from a few sptts in that file.

Let me know which you need.

BTW I don't have the OpenWRT WebUI installed but I doubt that makes any diff....

Thank you for your help. I am a new comer and not able to sent PM. Can you just upload the file to this link?

http://www.dropitto.me/pikaman

password: phantom

Then the file will be save into my drop box. Thanks again for your kindly help.

Ok I've uploaded 2 files.. overlay-phantom.tar and overlay-rangeext.tar
Remember to edit the files I mentioned, unless you want your wifi power at 17dbm..

justin00 said:
Ok I've uploaded 2 files.. overlay-phantom.tar and overlay-rangeext.tar
Remember to edit the files I mentioned, unless you want your wifi power at 17dbm..

Got your file and thanks for your kindly help

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj