In anticipation of Part 107 rules on the way

Reaction score
Since Part 107 is rumored to be coming in June or sooner (at least that's what I've read), what should those of us who are already experienced drone pilots be reading and studying up on in order to pass the test and/or any other requirements that are likely to be part of it? I want to be ready to hit the ground running ASAP once the rules are officially in place.

...it's this part I'm most curious about (...do we need to know how to speak on a radio to a pilot? do we need to be able to read sectional maps? what level of knowledge will be expected is the short of it...and best sources for this info the long of it!)

1. Pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center.

Do you think you'll still need a pilots license if you want to start a drone business after this?

I think you'll need some kind of sUAV "operators" license. That's what this proposed test is about.

SB

If anyone is interested, I recently asked this question also to the guys over at DroneU. They gave a pretty good response and made it into a 17 minute video. Check it out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If anyone is interested, I recently asked this question also to the guys over at DroneU. They gave a pretty good response and made it into a 17 minute video. Check it out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some good information but IMHO, these guys need a producer...just sayin'.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic